Barry Mac

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Barry Mac

Post by usacas » 19 Aug 2017, 01:05

A few years ago I went to a Black Tie Gentleman's Evening at the Manor Golf Club in Drighlington. The guest speaker was Barry Mac. The owners of the golf club are my brother-in-laws so I was seated with them at the "top table" with Barry Mac. Of course the conversation got to rugby and he asked me what team I supported. In those days Leeds & Bradford were the top teams and of course Cas were the "small town team". I told him I supported Cas and always had done, he replied "he was sorry for me". A comment which really put me off him. I wish I could meet him again and he would ask me the same question.

eastleedscasfan

Re: Barry Mac

Post by eastleedscasfan » 19 Aug 2017, 01:58

Coming to New York in September. Would you like to meet up and swap stories re Cas

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 19 Aug 2017, 09:10

Barry who will be mostly remembered for the utter garbage he spouts on sky more than his performance on the rugby field along with his mate ex Wigan prop forget his name sooner sky get rid the better but then i have consultation of the sound button to use thank fully

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Aug 2017, 11:39

I recall being at a junior rugby club event with him as a speaker and was given the chance to speak to him. Someone remarked to him tgat I was "From Css" to which Mcdermott haf a bit of a rant about how ruff, scruffy and bad the town was and that it wasnt a nice place. He also said I looked like I was from Cas to the merriment of a few others. When he had finished I informed him that I didnt and never had lived in Cas. Made himself look a right idiot in front of a lot of people.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 19 Aug 2017, 13:03

eastleedscasfan wrote:Coming to New York in September. Would you like to meet up and swap stories re Cas
Afraid won't be here. 2 weeks vacation early Sept, then UK mid-Sept to early Oct. for the semi-final and hopefully the Grand Final. Have a good trip.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 19 Aug 2017, 13:04

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I recall being at a junior rugby club event with him as a speaker and was given the chance to speak to him. Someone remarked to him tgat I was "From Css" to which Mcdermott haf a bit of a rant about how ruff, scruffy and bad the town was and that it wasnt a nice place. He also said I looked like I was from Cas to the merriment of a few others. When he had finished I informed him that I didnt and never had lived in Cas. Made himself look a right idiot in front of a lot of people.
He's obviously no fan of Castleford, the team, the fans or the town. Too full of himself and enjoys belittling people.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 19 Aug 2017, 13:18

I despise him more than I do wingy Wane. Moaning Mac has never had anything nice to say about our club or Powell.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 19 Aug 2017, 13:28

Not sure how he can speak in disparaging terms about Castleford ( the town). Has anyone been to Oldham lately (where he's from I believe)? I have and I'd keep my mouth shut if I were him.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 19 Aug 2017, 13:36

Not sure how he can speak in disparaging terms about Castleford ( the town). Has anyone been to Oldham lately (where he's from I believe)? I have and I'd keep my mouth shut if I were him.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 19 Aug 2017, 13:42

He can't keep it shut it's full of garbage similarly to a garbage bin but seriously how do sky sports retain him and that other forgot his name again

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 19 Aug 2017, 14:33

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I recall being at a junior rugby club event with him as a speaker and was given the chance to speak to him. Someone remarked to him tgat I was "From Css" to which Mcdermott haf a bit of a rant about how ruff, scruffy and bad the town was and that it wasnt a nice place. He also said I looked like I was from Cas to the merriment of a few others. When he had finished I informed him that I didnt and never had lived in Cas. Made himself look a right idiot in front of a lot of people.

haha he's from Oldham so he has room to talk :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Aug 2017, 18:23

Is he really that bad in person.

Believe it or don't believe it I wouldn't be intimidated or scared of him and would have told him to F off D H. LITERALLY.
Audacter Et Sincere

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Aug 2017, 21:39

I just stared him in the eye, literally, and let him go off on one then let him know I wasnt from Cas and he soon shut up and looked embarrassed. What was quite amusing was that a couple of people said well done for making him look stupid but all that credit went to him. My part was minimal.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Aug 2017, 23:33

Lofthouse Tiger[color=#FF0000] wrote:I just stared him in the eye,[/color] literally, and let him go off on one then let him know I wasnt from Cas and he soon shut up and looked embarrassed. What was quite amusing was that a couple of people said well done for making him look stupid but all that credit went to him. My part was minimal.
which one the glass one or the real one? :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 20 Aug 2017, 11:10

My residing memory of him is us thrashing Leeds down the lane and the WRE chanting "Sinbad's gonna get you!" and "Cyclops cyclops what's the score?" Cruel/non pc but the sort of bloke who deserves all the stick he gets.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Aug 2017, 12:27

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:My residing memory of him is us thrashing Leeds down the lane and the WRE chanting "Sinbad's gonna get you!" and "Cyclops cyclops what's the score?" Cruel/non pc but the sort of bloke who deserves all the stick he gets.
And that sums up why I wouldn't take his comments too seriously, particularly at a 'Sportmans' type dinner where the whole point is to entertain or be entertained and part of this is to play on the rivalries between teams/players.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 21 Aug 2017, 15:31

Flat Capper wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:My residing memory of him is us thrashing Leeds down the lane and the WRE chanting "Sinbad's gonna get you!" and "Cyclops cyclops what's the score?" Cruel/non pc but the sort of bloke who deserves all the stick he gets.
And that sums up why I wouldn't take his comments too seriously, particularly at a 'Sportmans' type dinner where the whole point is to entertain or be entertained and part of this is to play on the rivalries between teams/players.
Believe me it wasn't said in jest or to entertain!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Aug 2017, 17:57

Shouldnt be coming out with that crap at a junior rugby league event should he?