The race for 4th

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: The race for 4th

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Aug 2017, 08:42

Don't care who we play.
With their game heads on the lads can beat anyone

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 20 Aug 2017, 12:56

old cas lass wrote:Tell you what.
Teams will be vying to not get that 4th spot.
No one will want to.play us at home.
Don't care if its wigan saints or wakey.
All 3 will be hoping to get 3rd place to avoid us.
Yes someone as to finish 4th, not our problem.
Let them knock lumps out of each other.

Nice place to be in.
I doubt very much Saints or Wigan would be worried about playing us , they have both been there many times and know how to handle high pressure games, come the semi we will find out if we can, we looked all over the place against Wakie early on with Minikin looking as shaky as Briscoe as. Great challenge for us whoever gets the 4th spot and a fantastic chance to make our 1st Grand Final in the SL era.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Aug 2017, 13:53

Saints had our number last time, I am sure the lads would be focused next time we meet, I honestly fear no one in the play offs

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 02 Sep 2017, 09:22

Hotting up now.... 2 points separates 3rd to 5th with Wakey sandwiched in middle. Wigan and Wakey have better PD than Hull too. Saints are a further 2 points back so we need to win all remaining games to stand any chance.

Pretty sure Wakey have to play Saints, Hull and Wigan. 3 very tough games. Not sure who others play.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 02 Sep 2017, 10:00

InTheKnow wrote:Hotting up now.... 2 points separates 3rd to 5th with Wakey sandwiched in middle. Wigan and Wakey have better PD than Hull too. Saints are a further 2 points back so we need to win all remaining games to stand any chance.

Pretty sure Wakey have to play Saints, Hull and Wigan. 3 very tough games. Not sure who others play.
Hull play Wigan H, Wakefield H, Castleford A
Wakefield play Saints H, Hull A, Wigan H
Saints play Wakefield A, Huddersfield H, Salford A
Wigan play Hull A, Castleford H, Wakefield A

Looking at the above, Saints have a favourable run in, with Wigan having a tough one having to go to Hull and Wakefield as well as us at home.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Sep 2017, 10:19

Wakefield have to play the 3 sides vying for 3rd and 4th with them. If they manage to stay in top 4 then full credit to them, if would be an outstanding achievement.

Salford and Hudds are gone so we are right to rule them out.

I think Saints are clinging on now. Need to win all 3 to stand a chance but they are playing two sides in their 3 who they can't have a material effect on to their benefit (e.g taking points off other rivals). Both a positive and a negative in one sense.

Can't see Wakey winning 2 to keep Saints out so need to hope they slip up.

Wigan are odd. They could either win all 3 or lose all 3 such is their form this season. I reckon they will go on to win at least 2

Hull could be 1/2. I'd like to think we'd take them down in final week before semis but they have been our bogey side this season.

For me, I reckon we will be playing one of Hull or Wigan down the lane. But it's entirely plausible all 3 will finish on 33 and only PD separating them.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Sep 2017, 12:07

Ideally I would rather play Wakey in semi then whoever in final should we get through. Hull/Saints/Wigan would be much tougher in my view. If Wakey win their home games they finish top 4. Simple equation, not so easy to do of course. They could still finish 3rd and play us in the final?

How much nicer is it knowing we arent playing high pressure games every week?

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Sep 2017, 12:29

THE FUTURE IS NOW

We will never have a better opportunity to reach & win a Grand Final.

I'm feeling more and more convinced that we can do it; there is absolutely no reason why we cannot do it.
Audacter Et Sincere

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 02 Sep 2017, 12:35

Wakey on paper would be the easier game. Feel the pressure would be massively on us though. Imagine coming up short and Wakey getting to OT. However losing to an in form Saints, Wigan or Hull in the play offs wouldn't be a major issue.

At home I feel we will beat anyone but would be most nervous about playing Wakey.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Sep 2017, 14:05

If we play Wakefield we wont come up short. I am certain we would beat them again.

Any of the other 3 would be a much more difficult prospect and although I feel we are capable of winning, the pressure would be more than playing Wakey. The other 3 are far better on their day than Wakey on theirs.

Having said that if we are on our best form we will beat them all. We shall see.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 09 Sep 2017, 08:03

In the bag for us and Leeds top 2 but it's real close after.

2 points separates Wigan in 3rd to Saints in 6th. Hull currently sit 4th. Would people be happy with that?? Wigan are looking much better now. Away wins at Saints and Hull. I would rather they stay 3rd. (Meaning we would probably have to lose to them next week though) Hull, Wakey or Saints for me.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 09 Sep 2017, 09:33

Remaining two games I. The race for top four are:

Hull play Wakefield H, Castleford A
Wakefield play Hull A, Wigan H
Saints play Huddersfield H, Salford A
Wigan play Castleford H, Wakefield A

I've a sneaky feeling that Hull and Wakefield will miss out, meaning is playing either Wigan or Saints at home

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Sep 2017, 09:38

On current form I see Wigan going to Leeds and us entertaining Saints
However there's a few more twists in the tail and points difference now are a key factor. Reading the Hull forum alot of their fans think their PD will be their downfall.
Wigan away for me is the GF rehearsal - I'm expecting a hostile set of tactics to test our mettle and nerve

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 09 Sep 2017, 10:58

ERG2012 wrote:On current form I see Wigan going to Leeds and us entertaining Saints
However there's a few more twists in the tail and points difference now are a key factor. Reading the Hull forum alot of their fans think their PD will be their downfall.
Wigan away for me is the GF rehearsal - I'm expecting a hostile set of tactics to test our mettle and nerve
Very much worried about Wigan and Hull to some extent in terms of players getting targetted and taken out. Call me a cynic.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Sep 2017, 11:07

Mmmm not sure Hull do it but Mcillorum definitely an antagoniser came a cropper last night but he's known for it. Dust up with Kelly
Wrong decision sending Watts off but it worked.

Will Hull burn out?
Will these odd game suspensions help their players to rest?
We should fear nobody though maybe our second half performance last night was a blessing in disguise and gives us a kick up the jacksie

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Sep 2017, 15:34

Fumper27 wrote:Remaining two games I. The race for top four are:

Hull play Wakefield H, Castleford A
Wakefield play Hull A, Wigan H
Saints play Huddersfield H, Salford A
Wigan play Castleford H, Wakefield A

I've a sneaky feeling that Hull and Wakefield will miss out, meaning is playing either Wigan or Saints at home

I,ve a sneaky feeling for that outcome as well.

Salford have given themselves an outside chance with todays result I think.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Sep 2017, 14:01

Cas hold the key for the clubs to reach the 4. Its been so tight for 3rd and 4th anything can happen.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 17 Sep 2017, 21:31

Still any 4 teams could finish 4th but it's looking like it's down to us. If we beat Hull I think we will play Wigan.
Saints beat Salford
Wigan beat Wakey

If we lose to Hull I think it will be Saints.

2 teams we have come stuck against this year.
For us to meet Wakey Salford need to beat Saints and Wakey beat Wigan. That will be tough with how poor Salford are playing.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Sep 2017, 00:13

you have to admit the split after 23 rounds has been a fantastic success this year. I know we are runaway leaders but the race for 4th over the last few weeks has been fascinating. same in the championship for the million pound game.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

popsytiger

Post by popsytiger » 18 Sep 2017, 05:25

By my calculations its now impossible for us to play Hull in the semi, which IMO is good!