Pleased for "The Old Girl"

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Pleased for "The Old Girl"

Post by Max n paddy » 18 Aug 2017, 12:53

What an atmosphere, you won't get that in a new tin shed....

I await the onslaught.

But won't get upset.

What a night !!!

An appearance in the final wiill do me !

COYF
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

kippistiger

Post by kippistiger » 18 Aug 2017, 13:08

Max n paddy wrote:What an atmosphere, you won't get that in a new tin shed....

I await the onslaught.

But won't get upset.

What a night !!!

An appearance in the final wiill do me !

COYF
Isn't the atmosphere dictated by the size of the crowd last night was brilliant but same game played in front of 300 fans there would have been no atmosphere this IMO is why Salford is crap no fans no atmosphere Old Trafford is a massive ground but there will be an unbelievable atmosphere come the final night especially if its full of Cas fans COYF

Side note: congratulations to everyone, players, coaching staff, Fans anybody involved with the club what a fantastic night one i don't think i will ever forget. Cried like a baby at the end couldn't be any more proud thank you Castleford hope i am crying again come grand final night

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Aug 2017, 13:18

Old trafford the big one fine...cant get people saying we shouldnt have played "we are the champions " just won a trophy for finishing top of the league what you supposed to play ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 18 Aug 2017, 14:17

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: brilliant atmoshere.nearly 11,000 cas fans on a thursday night,amazing. playing in a world club challenge unreal. finishing top superb. home semi perfect. well done castleford tigers

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 18 Aug 2017, 14:22

Steve Gill confirms we will take our place in the World Club Challenge and it will be played at our ground. Another fitting goodbye to "The Old Girl"!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Aug 2017, 14:59

tigerfeat wrote:Old trafford the big one fine...cant get people saying we shouldnt have played "we are the champions " just won a trophy for finishing top of the league what you supposed to play ?
exactly, well said!

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 18 Aug 2017, 15:04

does anyone think we could have comfortably got another couple of thousand in last night.i wonder if there is a way of doing it for the semi.wasn't it 12500 capacity a few years back.i am old enough to have been in the ground with double that but i know there health and safety issues now.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Aug 2017, 15:17

tigerfeat wrote:Old trafford the big one fine...cant get people saying we shouldnt have played "we are the champions " just won a trophy for finishing top of the league what you supposed to play ?
Just don't listen to the background noise. It was perfect

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 18 Aug 2017, 15:31

greenhouse wrote:does anyone think we could have comfortably got another couple of thousand in last night.i wonder if there is a way of doing it for the semi.wasn't it 12500 capacity a few years back.i am old enough to have been in the ground with double that but i know there health and safety issues now.
Thought the same Greenhouse:

From where I was stood in the WRE you could see the odd safety barrier in the Railway end and far corner of the Princess street near the score board.

11,750 maybe but 12,500 not in this day and age. I too have been in some serious packed houses but we've got to be sensible and think about wellbeing over pound notes.

On the back of last nights' 11,235 getting another 1200+ would be optimistic and bordering unsafe. Once capacity is met on the stand you could cordon it off obviously at the head stewards discretion and monitor footfall
Last edited by ERG2012 on 18 Aug 2017, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 18 Aug 2017, 15:33

You could barely move in the WRE - packed in like sardines. Good atmosphere, but don't think I would have liked a few more thousand in there!!

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 18 Aug 2017, 15:41

Beth wrote:You could barely move in the WRE - packed in like sardines. Good atmosphere, but don't think I would have liked a few more thousand in there!!
It was Beth - rather cosy indeed! though maybe spots around the stadium wasn't quite as bad as the WRE terracing. But it was certainly "snug"

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Aug 2017, 15:54

Beth wrote:You could barely move in the WRE - packed in like sardines. Good atmosphere, but don't think I would have liked a few more thousand in there!!
More to the point, was anyone turned away because we were full?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2017, 15:57

greenhouse wrote:does anyone think we could have comfortably got another couple of thousand in last night.i wonder if there is a way of doing it for the semi.wasn't it 12500 capacity a few years back.i am old enough to have been in the ground with double that but i know there health and safety issues now.

Not near me greenhouse.
Maybe on the railway end, where I was stood it was shoulder to shoulder.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Aug 2017, 16:09

I stood in my usual spot in the Princess ST stand towards Weldon Rd plenty of room round me, getting into the toilets at half time was a different story

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 18 Aug 2017, 16:19

I agree with Max and Paddy.
Crowd size is important of course.
But the emotional attachment to the Old Girl and the experiences we have had also add another dimension

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 18 Aug 2017, 21:19

casjunction wrote:I agree with Max and Paddy.
Crowd size is important of course.
But the emotional attachment to the Old Girl and the experiences we have had also add another dimension

It's got some soul , hate new grounds built like industrial unit tin sheds....

Understand the corporate side and we're getting a free ground etc. But it will not be the same.

Makes the timing even more important of this special team.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Aug 2017, 18:26

it was chocker round us at wre. only down side was not daring to go to the drinks outlets as we knew we would never get back to our places.
jo brand is eddie warings love child