TOMORROWS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

TOMORROWS GAME

Post by classysupercas » 16 Aug 2017, 13:48

my advice to anybody who hasnt been to a cas game in years or is simply thinking on saving £20 and watching on tv, is to make your mind up to go buy a ticket and treat yourself to watching the best team in great britain at the moment,and to win the league title for the 1st time in our 92 year history. the atmosphere will be electric.enjoy and watch in the best atmoshere in super league. i can assure you if you dont you will regret been part of history, cos we might not do it again in your lifetime. come on classy cas :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TOMORROWS GAME

Post by Sharlotiger » 16 Aug 2017, 13:53

I really hope we can pack it out for such an occassion, it looks poor if we don't. I get fed up of hearing fans of the big clubs saying how bad it is for the sport to have a poorly followed club like Cas at the top.
Lets have a great turn out for what could be a once in a lifetime spectacle.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 16 Aug 2017, 14:03

I wouldn't say we are poorly followed. We are just a small town with a small population.

Look at our away following. I could put my house on a bet that we have had the biggest away following this season on average by a country mile.

Pretty sure we sit with 4th or 5th best home attendance too actually.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 16 Aug 2017, 14:13

the Old Girl deserves to be packed to the rafters, bouncing with noise and not an ounce of bother. 91yr is an awful long time to wait to say we are the most consistent team in the league and have won the most games than any other. Many fans have passed through the turnstiles and not witnessed this occasion, they'll be there in spirit wherever they are. Its up to us to ensure its one hell of a memorable night.

The Players as they exit the sheds to warm up need to feel that 18th Man greeting them and make them feel invincible when they pull on the shirt and walk into the arena for battle against our Derby rivals who are planning on spoiling the evening.

From the Tea lady to the Fulton's to the Players the folk of Cas really need to show its a team effort and a Family of Amber and Black

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 16 Aug 2017, 14:15

We were talking about this on the way to a game the other year and someone said that our away support was, relatively speaking, the biggest of any team in any sport in proportion to the population of the town.

I don't know how true it is, or how it would be calculated mind!
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 16 Aug 2017, 14:19

Another thing I'd like is for everyone to get in early, get the songs going and build the atmosphere from 45 minutes before kick off, during the warm up.

Oh, and make it colourful. Flags, scarfs anything amber, black, white. Really make it a spectacle.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 16 Aug 2017, 14:20

yes it will be 42000 population v 7000 to 8000 per game at home plus over a thousand away each game

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 16 Aug 2017, 14:43

Sharlotiger wrote:I really hope we can pack it out for such an occassion, it looks poor if we don't. I get fed up of hearing fans of the big clubs saying how bad it is for the sport to have a poorly followed club like Cas at the top.

What was Warringtons average home support before they went into a new stadium. It was around 4,300. Ours this season is around 8,500 and that's despite out of our 12 home games so far, only 3 of them have been on our preferred day of Sunday. Furthermore 6 have been on TV and another two were moved to midweek at ridiculous short notice.

I keep telling the ''big club fans'' Cas itself is a small town but with a great catchment area of prime RL territory. Anywhere north or north east of Cas we have it all to ourselves. We could easily become a minor RL version of the Green Bay Packers (pop 90,000), and even Saracens and Wasps (no such places) the former whose support was literally the proverbial two men and a dog on a park field, before RU went pro. Moved sticks, marketed it brilliantly and the rest is history. Many other countless examples and once in a new stadium there is no reason why we can't do the same, particularly given the exilarating brand of football we play.

I don't know whether it would be possible for us to eventually attain a 15,000 stadium, but if we could, there is no viable reason for us to not to average 12,000.

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Post by dj nelly » 16 Aug 2017, 16:40

Oh, and make it colourful. Flags, scarfs anything amber, black, white. Really make it a spectacle.[/quote]

Think Cas have missed a trick on this game tomorrow(especially if we win) Some kind of discount oo the said items above to make the stands a mass of Cas colour

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 16 Aug 2017, 16:55

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072JC ... ref=plSrch

Few packs of them would be great fun for the crowd

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 16 Aug 2017, 17:17

ERG2012 wrote:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072JC ... ref=plSrch

Few packs of them would be great fun for the crowd
I must admit I am still a bit giddy when the inflatable balls n bananas come out adding to the atmosphere :dance:

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 16 Aug 2017, 18:02

Should be able to get loads of these, turn them into wavers and flog em for 10-12quid. https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/271952639548?c ... 1904940765 would look good at Old Trafford.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 Aug 2017, 18:09

Herbert Latch wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:I really hope we can pack it out for such an occassion, it looks poor if we don't. I get fed up of hearing fans of the big clubs saying how bad it is for the sport to have a poorly followed club like Cas at the top.

What was Warringtons average home support before they went into a new stadium. It was around 4,300. Ours this season is around 8,500 and that's despite out of our 12 home games so far, only 3 of them have been on our preferred day of Sunday. Furthermore 6 have been on TV and another two were moved to midweek at ridiculous short notice.

I keep telling the ''big club fans'' Cas itself is a small town but with a great catchment area of prime RL territory. Anywhere north or north east of Cas we have it all to ourselves. We could easily become a minor RL version of the Green Bay Packers (pop 90,000), and even Saracens and Wasps (no such places) the former whose support was literally the proverbial two men and a dog on a park field, before RU went pro. Moved sticks, marketed it brilliantly and the rest is history. Many other countless examples and once in a new stadium there is no reason why we can't do the same, particularly given the exilarating brand of football we play.

I don't know whether it would be possible for us to eventually attain a 15,000 stadium, but if we could, there is no viable reason for us to not to average 12,000.
Population figures of "big" clubs.

Leeds 781 K. Wigan 323 K. Hull 260 K. Salford 248 K Warrington 208 K St Helens 178 K Cas 40 K

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 16 Aug 2017, 18:26

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Herbert Latch wrote:

Population figures of "big" clubs.

Leeds 781 K. Wigan 323 K. Hull 260 K. Salford 248 K Warrington 208 K St Helens 178 K Cas 40 K
To be fair, you can't quote Cas as 40k and then Leeds @ 780.