Top of the league

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Top of the league

Post by derbystiger » 12 Aug 2017, 13:19

I'm still pinching myself to make sure this is real. I've not been watching for as long as a lot of you (first game was 1981), but I didn't think I'd see the day when we top the league and 80 mins away from Old Trafford. WOW will do for me too!

Alwayscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alwayscas » 12 Aug 2017, 18:58

Started following by beloved Castleford RLFC at the age of 11
From my first game Cas v Hull k r ( 25 15 ) 1974 game. I have loved and lived Castleford (TIGERS), have met and make friends who will be mates forever. Unfortunately some friends are not here anymore ( god bless them all) to see our team win the league which we have always wished for.
Let's all enjoyed our glory which Mr Gill, Mr Powell, and the team have given us this year.
CAS UNTIL I DIE , COYF, LOUD AND PROUD.

Lets make the old girl rock this Thursday.

Bansley_Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bansley_Tiger » 12 Aug 2017, 20:44

Would have been nice if Jack Fulton and his wife could have held out for a couple more years to have seen this. I'm sure Jack will be looking down with a massive smile at the fruits of his labour. Well done lads just deserves for a great season. Now on to the GF COYF.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Aug 2017, 21:12

I know that the black shirts are our primary kit for the Super 8s, but if we might lift the trophy I think we should play in our orange shirts on Thursday.
Almost every press outlet will carry a photograph of us lifting the shield. We need these to stand out as much as possible and having our orange jersey separates us from any other team in the competition. The club have deliberately gone down the road of creating a visablly strong and vibrant orange brand so this colour is associated with the club. It would be madness to then have the team wearing a black shirt for what is likely to be the most published photograph in the history of the club.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Aug 2017, 22:50

great idea notts, but if we could be 100% sure of winning it would be nice to turn out in an old replica kit.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 14 Aug 2017, 11:34

the happy hooker9 wrote: From being bottom of the league, relegated from Sl to getting back in SL.... NO one in the modern era of RL or SL has done what we have done.
Great post, but I have to pull you up on that point. Huddersfield have also been relegated (2001) and then won the League Leaders Shield in 2013. Hopefully though we can go one better than they did and do the job in the grand final.

Nice to see we are already on the League Leaders Shield wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_Leader%27s_Shield

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Aug 2017, 16:26

Askham Tiger wrote:
the happy hooker9 wrote: From being bottom of the league, relegated from Sl to getting back in SL.... NO one in the modern era of RL or SL has done what we have done.
Great post, but I have to pull you up on that point. Huddersfield have also been relegated (2001) and then won the League Leaders Shield in 2013. Hopefully though we can go one better than they did and do the job in the grand final.

Nice to see we are already on the League Leaders Shield wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_Leader%27s_Shield
OK if we're being picky, the last time we were relegated we weren't bottom, Catalans were!

york tiger

Post by york tiger » 14 Aug 2017, 17:07

we want the orange shirt not a gimmicky black one. let em know down the jungle email em phone em get something going before thursday.Orange means Cas everyone knows that.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 Aug 2017, 17:18

york tiger wrote:we want the orange shirt not a gimmicky black one. let em know down the jungle email em phone em get something going before thursday.Orange means Cas everyone knows that.
i agree totally, but i didnt understand the reason for playing in our home strip at salford?

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 14 Aug 2017, 18:49

yorky wrote:
york tiger wrote:we want the orange shirt not a gimmicky black one. let em know down the jungle email em phone em get something going before thursday.Orange means Cas everyone knows that.
i agree totally, but i didnt understand the reason for playing in our home strip at salford?
Is that now our away strip with the 8s shirt being the home one? Makes sense that our away shirt is a different colour because our original away one was black anyway.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Aug 2017, 20:15

Well I'm not sure what our away strip was for then because I got one and I can hardly remember then wearing it.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Aug 2017, 20:32

Has to be orange on Thursday. We want to stand out in the media winning our first league trophy in 91 years.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Aug 2017, 20:41

InTheKnow wrote:Has to be orange on Thursday. We want to stand out in the media winning our first league trophy in 91 years.

Absolutely agree 100%
The home shirt is the one all the rugby league world knows us by.
Hope the club see sense and thats the one we wear.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 Aug 2017, 20:50

old cas lass wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:Has to be orange on Thursday. We want to stand out in the media winning our first league trophy in 91 years.

Absolutely agree 100%
The home shirt is the one all the rugby league world knows us by.
Hope the club see sense and thats the one we wear.
and its the strip show when sky start the super league matches & we are featured in the opening credits!!!

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 14 Aug 2017, 21:16

Isn't it the rfl who dictate what strip each team wears

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Aug 2017, 21:41

they have done before viva brad. if they don't think it will show up under floodlights they will order a change.
didn't we get fined at shudds? shudds were at home but had been told to play in white by sky but they didn't tell us and we turned up with our white away strip. I think the shudds laundry woman was hailed as a hero when she sorted a strip for cas to wear so the game could go ahead.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 14 Aug 2017, 22:13

lurcher wrote:they have done before viva brad. if they don't think it will show up under floodlights they will order a change.
didn't we get fined at shudds? shudds were at home but had been told to play in white by sky but they didn't tell us and we turned up with our white away strip. I think the shudds laundry woman was hailed as a hero when she sorted a strip for cas to wear so the game could go ahead.

That was Halifax
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 14 Aug 2017, 22:19

Di wrote:
lurcher wrote:they have done before viva brad. if they don't think it will show up under floodlights they will order a change.

That was Halifax
It was a Huddersfield home game but played at the Shay. It was the Fax kit woman who sorted a kit out though!

That wasn't a Sky issue though, when Cas played Hudds at home they played in the white shirt so they swapped which kit for the reverse fixture...the RFL didn't update the list and Cas used an old one so turned up with White not Amber.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Aug 2017, 22:19

We played Huddersfield at Halifax. We had to wear the Halifax home shirt with our shorts and socks.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Aug 2017, 23:33

And we had recieved an email from the rfl about the change and it had not been acted on so we ended up getting a fine.