new forward to be announced

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: new forward to be announced

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Aug 2017, 11:31

Its nice to think were one of the few clubs in this country prepared to spend money to get player they want ...i wouldnt have spent that much myself if thats what weve paid but on other hand hes a fine player hel enhance the squad no doubt about that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Aug 2017, 11:48

Beth wrote:If we pay a 6 figure sum I'll be livid. Complete waste of money.
I'd reserve judgement if I were you. To me if we win another trophy next year he will have been worth it, as every player this year has been worth what they have cost. Including Gadwin and monners.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Aug 2017, 12:10

InTheKnow wrote:It it thought the deal is $100,000 Australian dollars. Today's exchange rate that is £60,993. That ain't too bad for a solid forward who can play second row and centre.
I think it will be dollars. it quotes the buderus fee in dollars and says we are expected to pay a similar fee.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 16 Aug 2017, 12:12

61k isn't too bad, Cas will get 100k tomorrow all being well!

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 16 Aug 2017, 12:12

casyorkie wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:6 figure Aussie sun may not be 6figure in £££
Still around £61,000 which I don't think is money well spent.He is a good player but transfer fees should only be paid for top class
£61,000 for a player of his calibre is decent. Players in contract have to be bought out. If we wait until the end of his contract we would probably lose out to another team. We are in profit this year so why not spend it strengthening. He can play back row and centre. He was good in Superleague. One of Huddersfield's better players when they were near top of league. Powell will get the best out of him and I can't wait to see him play. £61,000 isn't too bad when you see some figures teams pay for players.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 16 Aug 2017, 12:19

InTheKnow wrote:
casyorkie wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:6 figure Aussie sun may not be 6figure in £££
Still around £61,000 which I don't think is money well spent.He is a good player but transfer fees should only be paid for top class
£61,000 for a player of his calibre is decent. Players in contract have to be bought out. If we wait until the end of his contract we would probably lose out to another team. We are in profit this year so why not spend it strengthening. He can play back row and centre. He was good in Superleague. One of Huddersfield's better players when they were near top of league. Powell will get the best out of him and I can't wait to see him play. £61,000 isn't too bad when you see some figures teams pay for players.
Another thing to add is yeh, he never really broke into the NRL but I'd doesn't mean he failed. He will bring over a heap of experience just like Greg Eden did.

Also look at JSL... He never broke Into the NRL. Don't think he ever started a game and only had 40odd sub appearances.....but look at him over here. The guy is a machine. I trust paying £60k for him will only benefit us over the next 3 year for sure.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 16 Aug 2017, 12:31

TT Tiger wrote:
Beth wrote:If we pay a 6 figure sum I'll be livid. Complete waste of money.
I'd reserve judgement if I were you. To me if we win another trophy next year he will have been worth it, as every player this year has been worth what they have cost. Including Gadwin and monners.
My only worry is Knights' fans seem to be glad to be rid of him. I trust DP's and SG's opinions, but I'm sure we wouldn't have paid a fee if he would have still been at Huddersfield.

Guess we'll see...

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 16 Aug 2017, 12:40

Can't believe some are moaning we're paying a fee!do you honestly think the club would pay anything they couldn't afford?i think it's brilliant and another sign of how far we have come as a club.will be a cracking addition fee or no fee.long may it continue

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Aug 2017, 12:47

Does anyone really believe we'll be paying a huge fee? I'd be surprised if we do.

Wardle is home sick - the Knights have said this already. Would they really want to keep a homesick player for two years? Easy to free up the cap space.

I honestly believe that we may have paid a small fee but nowhere near £60k IMO.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 16 Aug 2017, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Aug 2017, 12:52

lurcher wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:It it thought the deal is $100,000 Australian dollars. Today's exchange rate that is £60,993. That ain't too bad for a solid forward who can play second row and centre.
I think it will be dollars. it quotes the buderus fee in dollars and says we are expected to pay a similar fee.
That's hardaker and Wardle so far out of the snakes fee and still space to spend. Happy days.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Aug 2017, 12:59

mart0042 wrote:
lurcher wrote:
That's hardaker and Wardle so far out of the snakes fee and still space to spend. Happy days.
Well it wouldn't be as we got £205k for Solomona and £150k went on Hardaker. That means we've spent more.

The other £100k was for legal fees, which will go straight to the barristers.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

JJ
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JJ » 16 Aug 2017, 13:15

Don't forget we get £100k for the shield and no doubt we will make a fair few quid out of merchandising on the back of that and our average gates have been significantly higher this year so I don't think we will be short of money for transfers

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Aug 2017, 13:36

HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
lurcher wrote:
Well it wouldn't be as we got £205k for Solomona and £150k went on Hardaker. That means we've spent more.

The other £100k was for legal fees, which will go straight to the barristers.

I didn't think that they'd announced the full fee for snake apart from it being over 200k. Either way, not a bad way to spend it. Glad half full and all that.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 16 Aug 2017, 13:54

In he Canberra times it says a six figure fee has been paid, so that's surely 100k minimum. It will be announced on Monday also' with A prop from manly to be announced the month after. Don't know the name, never heard of him

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 16 Aug 2017, 13:57

If Joe as cost us £60K it should be money spent well, we payed Wakey more than that for the likes of Goddard and Flynn a few years back.
Great to see us pushing the boat out and the club doing all it can to back Powell, long may it continue.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 16 Aug 2017, 13:58

:clap: :clap: :clap: it doesnt matter if we did pay £61 grand there isnt many centre/ forwards available and we need one badly. i trust daryl in this signing. We desperatly need 2 more big forwards this is our obvious weakness at the moment. if we do i believe we can have another sucessfull season again next year.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 16 Aug 2017, 14:10

classysupercas wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: it doesnt matter if we did pay £61 grand there isnt many centre/ forwards available and we need one badly. i trust daryl in this signing. We desperatly need 2 more big forwards this is our obvious weakness at the moment. if we do i believe we can have another sucessfull season again next year.
Definitely. He is great cover to have for centre and back row. Means we don't have to push Websters body to the edge. Meaning when Webster plays he will be at his best. Means Minikin can stay in his best position on Wing too.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 16 Aug 2017, 14:52

Very good signing for me. Don't know whether we have paid a transfer or not, but if we have and it is 60k then so what, sometimes you have to take the plunge that way, because if you wait you end up getting no one. Anyhow 60k is nothing today, if you've got the money,and we should have a good few times that much coming in this season. Not counting Solomona's money (a lot offset by Zacs fee) we have had our biggest average attendances for a long time, a record Sky deal like the other clubs, 100k for finishing top, and if we get to Old Trafford a percentage of the gate there, which will dwarf the LLS 100K. so we need to keep things going and if you want to remain where you are, you have to splash out every so often.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Aug 2017, 17:05

Dazzyb wrote:In he Canberra times it says a six figure fee has been paid, so that's surely 100k minimum. It will be announced on Monday also' with A prop from manly to be announced the month after. Don't know the name, never heard of him
How can you never of heard of him if you dont know the name ?

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Aug 2017, 17:12

[quote="Sharlotiger" we payed Wakey more than that for the likes of Goddard and Flynn a few years back.[/quote]

We got mugged on those deals. Terrible signings!