new forward to be announced

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: new forward to be announced

Post by tallguyx » 08 Aug 2017, 11:25

StevieTheTV wrote:
tallguyx wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:Wardle, Westerman or Watts are nowhere close to wow factor.

Wardle & Westerman would be good signings, Watts would be a bit of a disappointment - far too many brain farts in his game.
I would take all 3 of them above burgess. He's alright but he seems to either go for one out rugby or have a brain explosion and do the wrong pass. He's the best of the twins if it's George we have signed we have better already.
Aren't opinions funny because I would take Burgess above all 3 of them. Burgess has been a stand out at International level, none of the above 3 have. Burgess got unsettled when there was talk about a move to the NFL. Get him darnt' lane with DP and he will soon be hitting top form again.
That's the thing with opinions,the only ones that matter really to us are the ones of Daryl and the coaching staff. If he thinks he's the answer then obviously we will all cheer him to the rafters.

I think he's the only Burgess brother now without children so maybe that's why he's been linked.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Aug 2017, 12:32

In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 08 Aug 2017, 12:37

HuddsTigers wrote:
A player can be bought out of or released from a contract.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Aug 2017, 16:06

HuddsTigers wrote:
isn't it the same for alex walmsley.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 09 Aug 2017, 19:40

Joe Wardle 3 year deal......

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Aug 2017, 21:56

Good news if true, I hope now that we will be on the look out for a top class prop , the matches we have lost we seem to have been bullied in the forwards signing Wardle who can cover centre or second row is a great signing , a big hard no nonsense prop would put the icing on the cake

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 09 Aug 2017, 22:14

gateman wrote:Good news if true, I hope now that we will be on the look out for a top class prop , the matches we have lost we seem to have been bullied in the forwards signing Wardle who can cover centre or second row is a great signing , a big hard no nonsense prop would put the icing on the cake
My feelings exactly

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 09 Aug 2017, 22:31

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
gateman wrote:Good news if true, I hope now that we will be on the look out for a top class prop , the matches we have lost we seem to have been bullied in the forwards signing Wardle who can cover centre or second row is a great signing , a big hard no nonsense prop would put the icing on the cake
My feelings exactly
Could he see jsl as that prop?and wardle take his place in second row?from what I remember at giants he was right sided player so that would give us a lot of danger down the right instead of just left side

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 10 Aug 2017, 01:23

Agree with this. Wardle would be a great signing, but is he a 'wow' signing as mentioned by Mr Gill? Not in my opinion. I'm hoping for Wardle and a big, no nonsense 'wow' of a prop :pray: Who's got the cones ready? :D

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Aug 2017, 06:39

i wonder if there is a young Denis Hartley out there, no one bullied us when Denis was on the field as you older fans will remember

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 10 Aug 2017, 09:18

Scoopage wrote:
My feelings exactly
Could he see jsl as that prop?and wardle take his place in second row?from what I remember at giants he was right sided player so that would give us a lot of danger down the right instead of just left side
Wardle played left centre as cudjoe was right side and he also played left 2nd row
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Aug 2017, 10:18

jackknife wrote:
Scoopage wrote:
My feelings exactly
Wardle played left centre as cudjoe was right side and he also played left 2nd row
Maybe our other signing or 2 were only supposed to be making will be a prop ...... unless Springer and Douglas are going to play more regular role next season

kippistiger

Post by kippistiger » 10 Aug 2017, 17:16

IMO Wardle will play RH centre and webbo will be cover rotation player. If so we still need a prop for Lynch and ideally a barnstorming one at that

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Aug 2017, 17:28

Tom burgess was barnstorming this morning be suprised if rabbitos dont want to keep him tho
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 10 Aug 2017, 18:09

In the Sun newspaper today it says that Castleford tigers have recruited Joe Wardle on a 3 year deal beating off other super league teams.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 10 Aug 2017, 18:20

flood light tiger wrote:In the Sun newspaper today it says that Castleford tigers have recruited Joe Wardle on a 3 year deal beating off other super league teams.
I confirmed this above....

It's a done deal.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 10 Aug 2017, 19:06

So as it stands our pack next year could be fearce

Millo
McShsne
Jesse
McMeekan
Wardle
Milner

Moors
Cook
Nassey
Oggy/Foster/Patrick plus anyone else.

Obviously Wardle will be cover for Webster too.

kippistiger

Post by kippistiger » 10 Aug 2017, 19:22

mmm not bad but in my ideal world Jesse would be in the second row with Wardle at centre and TB or Walmsley barnstorming prop

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 10 Aug 2017, 19:25

kippistiger wrote:mmm not bad but in my ideal world Jesse would be in the second row with Wardle at centre and TB or Walmsley barnstorming prop
That makes two of us...

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 10 Aug 2017, 19:30

And me three..