league leaders all season

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
terminaldecline
Academy Player
Academy Player

league leaders all season

Post by terminaldecline » 23 Jul 2017, 15:40

I hadn't realised til today that we have actually been top of the table for every single one of the 23 weeks.
Our victory against Leigh in week 1 was by a higher points margin than anyone else, so we ended week 1 in first place.
I know it's been obvious after a few weeks but you tend not to look at the table in the very early weeks.

1 win for a home semi final
2 wins for the LLS and we will be in first place for all of the 30 weekly rounds.

I'd have given my right ball for a season like this (unless larroyer was the surgeon)

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: league leaders all season

Post by fords » 23 Jul 2017, 15:48

terminaldecline wrote:I hadn't realised til today that we have actually been top of the table for every single one of the 23 weeks.
Our victory against Leigh in week 1 was by a higher points margin than anyone else, so we ended week 1 in first place.
I know it's been obvious after a few weeks but you tend not to look at the table in the very early weeks.

2 wins for the LLS and we will be in first place for all of the 30 weekly rounds.

I'd have given my right ball for a season like this (unless larroyer was the surgeon)

Just shows how good and better than the rest we have been all year.

And its quite possible we dont make the GF which is daft.

It should be a straight 30 games. Top is winner

10 pts clear already. Pts diff 390+ no one is anywhere near us.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Jul 2017, 15:49

terminaldecline wrote:I hadn't realised til today that we have actually been top of the table for every single one of the 23 weeks.

Incredible isn't it?

Because we are inside the "Cas bubble" I think most of us can't quite see how big an achievement it is - and hopefully will be....

It could go down as one of the great achievements in the history of the domestic game.

What's even stranger is we haven't played that well in long spells throughout recent games - I'm hoping we get our second wind once the lads have had the 2 week break. Feed Junior some red meat and get him rampaging up the channels again and offloading for fun...

Dreamland..

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Jul 2017, 16:25

what a great post, especially the Larroyer bit, made my eyes water thinking about it :-&

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Jul 2017, 21:38

sure I saw a line graph of how teams had gone up and down over the season and hull overtook us for just one week at the top.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Jul 2017, 21:55

lurcher wrote:sure I saw a line graph of how teams had gone up and down over the season and hull overtook us for just one week at the top.
I thought it was just for one night and we took top spot back when we played in the same round?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Jul 2017, 22:37

Pretty sure you're right on that

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Jul 2017, 00:31

it didn't give dates just wiggely lines and at one point hulls line went above ours.
jo brand is eddie warings love child