A dozen wins on the bounce....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: A dozen wins on the bounce....

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Jul 2017, 10:47

Absolutely!

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 23 Jul 2017, 11:34

usacas wrote:I've been watching and following Cas. since the days of Albert Lunn, Colin Battye, Eddie Bryant, Kenny Pye, et. al. and approaching is the day I have been waiting for all those years - finishing top of the League is something I have always dreamed of. An appearance at Old Trafford and winning the Grand Final will be icing on the cake. So pleased to eventually be witnessing and enjoying this in my lifetime. Good on you Cas. and all associated with the club. Let's go all the way!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I started watching cas in 1956 and seeing the names you mentioned brings some fond memories back, kenny pie was amazing to watch when he made his runs You could guarantee there would be someone left flat on the ground and if Eddie Bryant had been as big as bill he would have been a superb payer,regards Albert Lunn when he he first started playing he was diabolical but he ended up being a first class fullback who was a great goal kicker and after his playing days were over
he made a great grounds man,as I say fond memories

ron
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ron » 23 Jul 2017, 11:53

Same here. My first hero was Denzil Webster and it broke my heart when he went to York. Always excited when Kenny Pye got the ball near the line,too. I never, ever, thought I would see a Cas team to match that of the Hardisty era but this team are the most switched on and intelligent side I have ever seen. Hard to admit it, even to myself, but this year's squad are superior. Even if we win nothing but the league leader's shield I will be totally content.
Not just because it's Cas as I thought this last year too,but I think the Magic fixture should be dropped (possibly replaced by the round of last 16 in the cup) so that there is a fair fixture list and the leaders at the end of that part of the season should be declared champions.
The super 8s should then be for the "Premiership" ( or whatever name you fancy) and start with the top club on 8 points, eighth on 1 point etc. This would make for a meaningful competition whilst giving recognition to the better performing teams in the main season. The eighth placed team would have a fighting chance (as we would have done last year) so possibly every minute MIGHT count.