A dozen wins on the bounce....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

A dozen wins on the bounce....

Post by SuffolkTiger » 22 Jul 2017, 23:08

.... and ten points clear!

I still can't fully take it in. Magnificent effort from everyone.

Can't wait for the fixture announcement on Wednesday - don't care who we play, where or when. Let the other 7 teams worry about it....!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: A dozen wins on the bounce....

Post by old cas lass » 22 Jul 2017, 23:11

SuffolkTiger wrote:.... and ten points clear!

Can't wait for the fixture announcement on Wednesday - don't care who we play, where or when. Let the other 7 teams worry about it....!

Same here, I feel I'm in dream land.
It just seems to good to be true......but it is.

Can someone confirm what I've seen/read on a post on Facebook.
We only need one more win and we are old Trafford.
Not sure if that's correct or not, I'm still not sure how these 8's work.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Jul 2017, 23:13

old cas lass wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:.... and ten points clear!

Same here, I feel I'm in dream land.
It just seems to good to be true......but it is.

Can someone confirm what I've seen/read on a post on Facebook.
We only need one more win and we are old Trafford.
Not sure if that's correct or not, I'm still not sure how these 8's work.
We're 14 clear of 5th with only 14 available, take our massive points difference into consideration and a playoff game is all but certain
Last edited by the machine on 22 Jul 2017, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 22 Jul 2017, 23:23

We will only be at old Trafford if we win the sudden death semi-final after the 8s. 1v4, 2v3.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Jul 2017, 23:29

cogito ergo sum wrote:We will only be at old Trafford if we win the sudden death semi-final after the 8s. 1v4, 2v3.
That's what I thought.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 22 Jul 2017, 23:36

So....

effectively we are guaranteed a shot at old trafford with points diff we are 15 points in front of 5th with 14 to play for.....

1 win in the play offs - guaranteed home semi

2 wins in the play offs - guaranteed LLS

simply dreamland.............................WOW!!!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jul 2017, 23:56

Points diffenrce means nowt though if the teams chasing get some big wins and we take some big hidings?!?!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Jul 2017, 00:10

init wrote:So....

effectively we are guaranteed a shot at old trafford with points diff we are 15 points in front of 5th with 14 to play for.....

I've seen us in finals before but this is very different gravy as the scale of it is much, much bigger.

There will be no easy games in the 8s (with the potential exception of after the CC semis and either side of the cup final vs the teams involved) but getting those 2 wins in the bag will be superb.

A home play off semi - what a night that will be if we manage to pull it off......

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Jul 2017, 00:13

the fixture system is bent. I heard a long time ago that leeds would be at home on Friday august 18th. lets wait and see
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Jul 2017, 00:16

SuffolkTiger wrote:

I've seen us in finals before but this is very different gravy as the scale of it is much, much bigger.

There will be no easy games in the 8s (with the potential exception of after the CC semis and either side of the cup final vs the teams involved) but getting those 2 wins in the bag will be superb.

A home play off semi - what a night that will be if we manage to pull it off
not many mate, sell out no matter who we play. perfect if it was wakey. :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 23 Jul 2017, 00:19

lurcher wrote:the fixture system is bent. I heard a long time ago that leeds would be at home on Friday august 18th. lets wait and see
That's interesting on two fronts Lurcher

By simply what you have heard about is already pre marked on the calendar
And the week before the challenge cup final...especially if they win in the semi

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 23 Jul 2017, 00:59

I've been watching and following Cas. since the days of Albert Lunn, Colin Battye, Eddie Bryant, Kenny Pye, et. al. and approaching is the day I have been waiting for all those years - finishing top of the League is something I have always dreamed of. An appearance at Old Trafford and winning the Grand Final will be icing on the cake. So pleased to eventually be witnessing and enjoying this in my lifetime. Good on you Cas. and all associated with the club. Let's go all the way!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 23 Jul 2017, 01:40

lurcher wrote:the fixture system is bent. I heard a long time ago that leeds would be at home on Friday august 18th. lets wait and see
It's also been in the Yep that on that date rhinos play Wigan at Leeds and is the last game for the south stand

Dannycas88

Post by Dannycas88 » 23 Jul 2017, 01:44

SuffolkTiger wrote:

A home play off semi - what a night that will be if we manage to pull it off......
We are guaranteed now anyway even without the points difference as if 5th place won every game no one else can claim enough points to catch us

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Jul 2017, 08:43

usacas wrote:I've been watching and following Cas. since the days of Albert Lunn, Colin Battye, Eddie Bryant, Kenny Pye, et. al. and approaching is the day I have been waiting for all those years - finishing top of the League is something I have always dreamed of. An appearance at Old Trafford and winning the Grand Final will be icing on the cake. So pleased to eventually be witnessing and enjoying this in my lifetime. Good on you Cas. and all associated with the club. Let's go all the way!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
this is the same for me, its been a long time coming but WOW what a way to do it :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Jul 2017, 10:47

Absolutely!

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 23 Jul 2017, 11:34

usacas wrote:I've been watching and following Cas. since the days of Albert Lunn, Colin Battye, Eddie Bryant, Kenny Pye, et. al. and approaching is the day I have been waiting for all those years - finishing top of the League is something I have always dreamed of. An appearance at Old Trafford and winning the Grand Final will be icing on the cake. So pleased to eventually be witnessing and enjoying this in my lifetime. Good on you Cas. and all associated with the club. Let's go all the way!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I started watching cas in 1956 and seeing the names you mentioned brings some fond memories back, kenny pie was amazing to watch when he made his runs You could guarantee there would be someone left flat on the ground and if Eddie Bryant had been as big as bill he would have been a superb payer,regards Albert Lunn when he he first started playing he was diabolical but he ended up being a first class fullback who was a great goal kicker and after his playing days were over
he made a great grounds man,as I say fond memories

ron
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ron » 23 Jul 2017, 11:53

Same here. My first hero was Denzil Webster and it broke my heart when he went to York. Always excited when Kenny Pye got the ball near the line,too. I never, ever, thought I would see a Cas team to match that of the Hardisty era but this team are the most switched on and intelligent side I have ever seen. Hard to admit it, even to myself, but this year's squad are superior. Even if we win nothing but the league leader's shield I will be totally content.
Not just because it's Cas as I thought this last year too,but I think the Magic fixture should be dropped (possibly replaced by the round of last 16 in the cup) so that there is a fair fixture list and the leaders at the end of that part of the season should be declared champions.
The super 8s should then be for the "Premiership" ( or whatever name you fancy) and start with the top club on 8 points, eighth on 1 point etc. This would make for a meaningful competition whilst giving recognition to the better performing teams in the main season. The eighth placed team would have a fighting chance (as we would have done last year) so possibly every minute MIGHT count.