get in there

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

get in there

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jul 2017, 19:00

See how much that meant to the boys ..overcome dodgy calls 11 men on field and still find a way to win great stuff :clap:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: get in there

Post by classysupercas » 22 Jul 2017, 19:08

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: having watched rugby for nearly 50 years i can honestly say the decisions the refs made was unbelievable. yes we played into there hands a few times but that was disgraceful. well done cas that was probally the sweetest 2 points all season. WE ARE NOW IN THE SEMIS

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Jul 2017, 19:12

Baffling how the video referee can give a penalty try when the attacker is in touch before the supposed offence of kicking at the ball.
It could have been a penalty, but it can't be a penalty try unless a try would otherwise have been scored. As the Catalan player was in touch, it was impossible for this to be a penalty try.

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 22 Jul 2017, 19:14

Can you be specific on which were dodgy decisions ? I think players are aware that refs are pendant and we needed better discipline. Imo the 2 yellows were correct. The penalty try was harsh but I would say again correct. Can't think of any others...

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 22 Jul 2017, 19:14

20292600_10156477660639816_2192425672646873517_n.jpg
when your 10 points clear at the end of the regular season
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jul 2017, 19:15

What a try that last one of jys was as good as you will see they had every chance of feeling sorry for themselves and giving it up this set of lads got a lot about them
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Jul 2017, 19:24

Casforthecup wrote:The penalty try was harsh but I would say again correct. Can't think of any others...
The penalty try was incorrect, without doubt. A penalty try should only be awarded if a player is fouled and a try would likely have been scored. As the Catalan player was in touch, he therefore would not have scored a try and a penalty try should not have been awarded (it should have been a penalty).
A fee times I thought the ref penalised is for lying on very quickly. The penalty against Millington for laying on when he had actually stolen the ball was bizarre (firstly because Millington was underneath the Catalan player and secondly because he had the ball!).

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 22 Jul 2017, 19:31

The penalty try ---

The sequence of events

a he put his foot in touch
b he then dropped the ball.
c Hardakers boot touched no part of his body.

Penalty for intent maybe, but no way was it a penalty try.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Jul 2017, 19:34

stuey wrote:The penalty try ---

The sequence of events

a he put his foot in touch.
No need for b and c. A penalty try should nit be awarded whatever happens after a.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 22 Jul 2017, 19:39

Boom...!!

Millo & Jesse world class up front.

Great to see the Cooker back.

A few silly errors and also nodded off after 20 minutes but a great, gutsy win in the end.

Get a good rest guys. Safe trip home.

Magnito

Post by Magnito » 22 Jul 2017, 19:41

The sequence of events

That's exactly what I thought Stuey. You could see it from one replay angle but that particular angle wasn't looked at again. Even a penalty for intent would be harsh. Doesn't matter though. We won! :dance:

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 22 Jul 2017, 19:42

Let's hope for Leeds at home round 1. Smash them and LLS is won with 6 to play!!!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 22 Jul 2017, 20:05

It looked a harsh call on Hardacker (accidental and looked to trying to get out of Duports way at the end) but can kind of understand the awarding of the pen try... Down to players safety.

Seem to remember the Melbourne players were sliding in with their legs on tryscoring plays a few years ago trying to dislodge the ball with clear intent. I think a few opposition players got injuries through it.

I would question their 1st try the offload looked more forward than the ball to Foster that got chalked off.

Larroyer will very probably get a ban for his stupidity.

However a very gutsy performance!. We found a way back into it. Well done to all involved...earned a nice break for sure! :clap:

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 22 Jul 2017, 20:11

duke street 10 wrote:It looked a harsh call on Hardacker (accidental and looked to trying to get out of Duports way at the end) but can kind of understand the awarding of the pen try... Down to players safety.

Seem to remember the Melbourne players were sliding in with their legs on tryscoring plays a few years ago trying to dislodge the ball with clear intent. I think a few opposition players got injuries through it.

I would question their 1st try the offload looked more forward than the ball to Foster that got chalked off.

Larroyer will very probably get a ban for his stupidity.

However a very gutsy performance!. We found a way back into it. Well done to all involved...earned a nice break for sure! :clap:
Never in a million years should that have been given as a penalty try. Hardaker made no contact with the player at all and in addition to that he was already in touch.

If we're giving penalty tries away for something that never happened then you may as well start predicting that a player could have been hurt in the build up to every try so it may as well be awarded.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Jul 2017, 20:17

when will Tom Holmes get on the he as been sub on a few occasions but never got on?? , a very enjoyable win against all odds a big well done

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 22 Jul 2017, 20:22

The sequence of events

Try given on pitch...
A couldn't disprove this
B caused by hardakers boot (whether accidental or not).
C correct but did dislodge the ball so ref had no choice.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jul 2017, 20:29

Just thinking to see three trys all out of the top draw like that all with a different skill set zaks solo long range effort minikins chip through and score and then jys flying through air its a joy to watch really ...
Vince Lombardi

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 22 Jul 2017, 20:29

It was sent up as No Try........

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Jul 2017, 20:34

I thought hardaker came in very carefully with the intention of getting his foot under the ball but it came free and struck his foot. all irrelevant of course as he was deffo in touch.
take a bow lads 2 years ago we would have lost that. the confidence in defence when we were down to 11 men was amazing. tackle after tackle they wrapped the attacker up and walked him over the line to be held up. must have wasted 2 minutes at least with this tactic. 2 super tries for jy. don't think I've seen any one rise that high before.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 22 Jul 2017, 20:38

Can it not be classed as a 2 in 1 ball steal as Hardaker had the intention of knocking the ball out? While Minikin was making the tackle?? Doesn't matter anyway but that was my take on it. As it was sent up as no try there was no clear evidence of he was in touch before or after Hardaker foot knocked it out.