Grand final

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Grand final

Post by derbystiger » 23 Jul 2017, 14:29

duke street 10 wrote:
Shameless wrote:I like the idea of the League Leaders getting an automatic spot in the GF. Not sure how the mechanics would work though.

The terminology is bad - League Leaders Shield - Well when you have won the league you are no longer leading, you have won! Also a Shield in sport is always secondary to a Cup. It should be League Champions, with the League Champions Cup and then the Play-off Champions winning the Play-off Cup.

For all the commercial points I made earlier that won't happen though.
The LLS though an important trophy for us to win but the design is a shocker!. I wouldn't pay a fiver for it if i found it at a car boot sale.
That said i don't think the S.L trophy is much better either. The Challenge cup though is a thing of real beauty...to see it close up gives you goosebumps!

I don't know if Wigan have the old division 1 league champions trophy but would like it to replace the hubcap after 23 rounds next year. Seem to remember that was a tidy design too and more worthy for the winners efforts!
The old league champions trophy was a nice piece of silver ware, I believe you are right that it is retired at Wigan. It would make a suitable replacement to the LLS in my opinion too.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Grand final

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Jul 2017, 14:33

I suspect there's no chance of Wigan letting go of it!!