Grand final

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Sav2302

Grand final

Post by Sav2302 » 21 Jul 2017, 19:31

I know it's early doors but is there any idea of where cas fans will be sitting at the grand final. Thanks in advance

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Re: Grand final

Post by Di » 21 Jul 2017, 19:51

we need to get there first
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 21 Jul 2017, 20:40

Sav2302 wrote:I know it's early doors but is there any idea of where cas fans will be sitting at the grand final. Thanks in advance
Way too early to know that.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 21 Jul 2017, 20:54

Sav2302 wrote:I know it's early doors but is there any idea of where cas fans will be sitting at the grand final. Thanks in advance
Talk about tempting fate! 8-[

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Jul 2017, 21:00

I smell a troll account.

Sav2302

Post by Sav2302 » 21 Jul 2017, 21:02

I know it's too early but was just wondering if any cas fans had bought yet knowing that all sets of fans usually go even with their team not there. I did same with Leeds United, bought Wembley tickets way too early n jinxed it so probably best to wait haha

Big Shug
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Big Shug » 22 Jul 2017, 08:42

I would guess somewhere inside Old Trafford :-"

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Jul 2017, 09:43

In the red seats

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 23 Jul 2017, 09:06

My thoughts on this are: if Cas fail to reach the GF after being so overwhelmingly the best team for 6 months, then the system is flawed. It devalues the regular season. How can you finish 10 points ahead of the next, with the best attack, best defence, most entertaining style, most neutral fans favourite and not represent the game in its showpiece final game of the season? We coined the phrase "every minute matters". That's not true. We could have a GF 3rd v 4th. That's a joke. The GF is a made for TV, hyped for TV end of season jamboree, and should not decide the League Champions.
In case you think I'm saying this because I'm a Cas fan, look back, I say the same every year. Tell Chelsea they are not Premier League Champs because they lose a "winner takes all" game!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Jul 2017, 09:19

Yeah it comes down to winning two knock out games ...if we dont go all the way and lift the trophy at old trafford which i think we will ..ive enjoyed this season more than any other i can remember and to win the l.l.s in the way that we will and the rugby weve played it will be something special indeed
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 23 Jul 2017, 12:29

Victims of our own success. It's exactly because of a situation we have created this year that SKY want the GF. Without it what would be the point of the Super 8s? The league is all but over, even with the extra seven games and SKY want to keep people paying their subscriptions as long as possible before taking their Winter break.

I get it and have no problem with it, after all RL is a commercial enterprise as much as any other sport. I would like to see the LLS given the respect it deserves though, DP is right saying it proves the best team over the season and the 100k prize money has also helped to increase it's kudos. Looks like it will revert to being awarded after 23 Rounds next year which is where it should be. My only complaint, and I'm aware of my own contradiction, is SKY commentators not giving it the credit it deserves. We only have 3 pieces of silverware to play for surely as a sport we can make all three important in their own way.

The one black hole in the Clubs history is about to be filled - thats what the history books will show. Be great to have a night out at Old Trafford but by then it will already be job done. COYF.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 23 Jul 2017, 13:01

I have no problem with a Grand Final, but as I said, it's a "made for TV" event. My problem is that we have a competition based on a league format for six months and the champions made with a knockout format, then the winners receiving all the plaudits. Maybe the league leaders should get automatic GF spot and let next three fight it out for spot 2.

Maybe those new to our game might wonder why the runaway winners potentially don't take part in the October showpiece.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Jul 2017, 13:26

cogito ergo sum wrote:I have no problem with a Grand Final, but as I said, it's a "made for TV" event. My problem is that we have a competition based on a league format for six months and the champions made with a knockout format, then the winners receiving all the plaudits. Maybe the league leaders should get automatic GF spot and let next three fight it out for spot 2.

Maybe those new to our game might wonder why the runaway winners potentially don't take part in the October showpiece.
I do think that the league leaders should go straight to Old Trafford, however my concern if 2nd-4th fought it out to join them would be a few 'rest weeks' for the leaders, which could take momentum away. How about just one game to decide who joins them in the GF? 2nd v 3rd, with 2nd placed team being at home?

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 23 Jul 2017, 13:36

I like the idea of the League Leaders getting an automatic spot in the GF. Not sure how the mechanics would work though.

The terminology is bad - League Leaders Shield - Well when you have won the league you are no longer leading, you have won! Also a Shield in sport is always secondary to a Cup. It should be League Champions, with the League Champions Cup and then the Play-off Champions winning the Play-off Cup.

For all the commercial points I made earlier that won't happen though.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 23 Jul 2017, 14:17

Shameless wrote:I like the idea of the League Leaders getting an automatic spot in the GF. Not sure how the mechanics would work though.

The terminology is bad - League Leaders Shield - Well when you have won the league you are no longer leading, you have won! Also a Shield in sport is always secondary to a Cup. It should be League Champions, with the League Champions Cup and then the Play-off Champions winning the Play-off Cup.

The LLS though an important trophy for us to win but the design is a shocker!. I wouldn't pay a fiver for it if i found it at a car boot sale.
That said i don't think the S.L trophy is much better either. The Challenge cup though is a thing of real beauty...to see it close up gives you goosebumps!

I don't know if Wigan have the old division 1 league champions trophy but would like it to replace the hubcap after 23 rounds next year. Seem to remember that was a tidy design too and more worthy for the winners efforts!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Jul 2017, 14:29

duke street 10 wrote:
Shameless wrote:I like the idea of the League Leaders getting an automatic spot in the GF. Not sure how the mechanics would work though.

The LLS though an important trophy for us to win but the design is a shocker!. I wouldn't pay a fiver for it if i found it at a car boot sale.
That said i don't think the S.L trophy is much better either. The Challenge cup though is a thing of real beauty...to see it close up gives you goosebumps!

I don't know if Wigan have the old division 1 league champions trophy but would like it to replace the hubcap after 23 rounds next year. Seem to remember that was a tidy design too and more worthy for the winners efforts!
The old league champions trophy was a nice piece of silver ware, I believe you are right that it is retired at Wigan. It would make a suitable replacement to the LLS in my opinion too.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Jul 2017, 14:33

I suspect there's no chance of Wigan letting go of it!!