Super 8 Fixtures

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mossford

Super 8 Fixtures

Post by mossford » 19 Jul 2017, 20:05

I'm not sure how this has happened before the end of the regular season...given the finishing places in the Top 8 are not yet final.

Anyway, the Super 8 fixtures are on the Superleague website http://www.rugby-league.com/super-eights

I think great home fixtures for us...
Home
Saints
Hull
Salford
Leeds

Away
Wigan
Hudds
Wakefield

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Super 8 Fixtures

Post by InTheKnow » 19 Jul 2017, 20:07

These are if things stays the same. Not finalized yet.

mossford

Post by mossford » 19 Jul 2017, 20:09

Ah I see...couldn't remember them doing this last year.

casman

Post by casman » 20 Jul 2017, 00:39

Tell me if I'm wrong but Leeds pulling 13 regs from the wigan game ( effectively giving them the points) Cas squashing the Cats) would by Saturday evening leave cas 12 points in front. If the timetable lets Cas play leeds in the first match of the super 8s and of course trounce them. Save giving up a 200points diff. the hubcap is ours.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 Jul 2017, 07:02

casman wrote:Tell me if I'm wrong but Leeds pulling 13 regs from the wigan game ( effectively giving them the points) Cas squashing the Cats) would by Saturday evening leave cas 12 points in front. If the timetable lets Cas play leeds in the first match of the super 8s and of course trounce them. Save giving up a 200points diff. the hubcap is ours.
Wed be ten in front if results go our way this weekend
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 20 Jul 2017, 07:15

the machine wrote:
casman wrote:Tell me if I'm wrong but Leeds pulling 13 regs from the wigan game ( effectively giving them the points) Cas squashing the Cats) would by Saturday evening leave cas 12 points in front. If the timetable lets Cas play leeds in the first match of the super 8s and of course trounce them. Save giving up a 200points diff. the hubcap is ours.

May as well be another win with our PD though. Can only see a Wigan win with Leeds having 13 out so if we could beat Catalan which will be very tough anyway.... We could go into super 8s with Leeds needing to win 6 more than us from 7 to go above us.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 Jul 2017, 07:17

InTheKnow wrote:
the machine wrote:

May as well be another win with our PD though. Can only see a Wigan win with Leeds having 13 out so if we could beat Catalan which will be very tough anyway.... We could go into super 8s with Leeds needing to win 6 more than us from 7 to go above us.
Wigan dont have the best of records against 'weakened' Leeds teams
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 20 Jul 2017, 08:17

Would prefer Leeds to beat Wigan, then that would mean Wigan less likely to finish in the top 4.

If Wigan finish in the top 4, with their record in Major finals, they will win the Grand Final. Depending on results this weekend, they could be only 3 points away from the top 4. Our best chance of winning the Grand Final is to make sure Wigan do not finish the season in the top 4.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 20 Jul 2017, 09:01

stuey wrote:Would prefer Leeds to beat Wigan, then that would mean Wigan less likely to finish in the top 4.

If Wigan finish in the top 4, with their record in Major finals, they will win the Grand Final. Depending on results this weekend, they could be only 3 points away from the top 4. Our best chance of winning the Grand Final is to make sure Wigan do not finish the season in the top 4.
Fully agree. Keep Wigan away from the top 4 thank you. Same with Saints though but I do fancy them to make it.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Jul 2017, 12:39

Given Leeds have got 13 players out and a load of kids playing, good luck with that! :?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Jul 2017, 12:55

If we are going to be taken seriously we have got to stop thinking that we aren't as good as 2 teams we have beaten 5 times between them this season

Alfiedog
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alfiedog » 20 Jul 2017, 13:03

Tamworth Tiger wrote:If we are going to be taken seriously we have got to stop thinking that we aren't as good as 2 teams we have beaten 5 times between them this season
Exactly :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Although it's still a strange feeling, after 40 years of supporting Cas!)