TROUBLE TO NIGHT

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Re: TROUBLE TO NIGHT

Post by betts21 » 15 Jul 2017, 12:13

The one thing about this is the sky camera will hopefully have captured it all above the stand and as a club hopefully we can get pictures out of who was involved and get them banned from out ground!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Jul 2017, 12:22

Ive seen a few times ive been stood in railway end in second half at end when sweet caroline strikes up theres been young lads dancing about in front of away fans dont know if thats what happened last night and lead to fights breaking out
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 15 Jul 2017, 14:41

Did the club send out the wrong message to all hooligons when they did not alegededly ban the person who assaulted the woman Wigan fan last year they also never handed details to the police or the Wigan club i guess when your brother is a director and sponsor of the club different rules apply, come on Castleford tigers name and shame all no matter who they are send out the correct message COYF

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 15 Jul 2017, 15:39

well from now on home or away if i see fans fighting causeing trouble im going to film it or take photos
and then hand it to the club .not letting this club get dragged down by stupid immature people

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 Jul 2017, 16:23

Last week against the cods a mix up occurred at the bottle bar on Princess Street when a Hull fan who'd had a few too many didn't realise the queue went much further back behind the stands the reaction of some of our fans was a bit excessive,l managed to guide him to the back of the queue when he calmed down he thanked me as did a couple of other Hull fans whilst some of our own fans tried to provoke him l persuaded them not to.
Unfortunately our sport does attract some thuggish idiots especially when the lawn fairies season is over.
As for the comment about the incident at the Wigan game if it's true then the culprit should be punished regardless of who they are or who they are related to.

the perry boy

Post by the perry boy » 17 Jul 2017, 20:16

onetiger wrote:so far this season salford have had trouble at
warrington -wakefield-leigh-hull-widnes
Who's your source?

There was absolutely no trouble at any of those games mentioned!! None whatsoever!!

We haven't actually been to Leigh yet so that proves how factual your post is!!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 17 Jul 2017, 20:54

the perry boy wrote:
onetiger wrote:so far this season salford have had trouble at
warrington -wakefield-leigh-hull-widnes
Who's your source?

There was absolutely no trouble at any of those games mentioned!! None whatsoever!!

We haven't actually been to Leigh yet so that proves how factual your post is!!
We're used to it mate

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 17 Jul 2017, 21:38

The report in The League Express by a visiting Salford fan with her husband and young granddaughter reflects badly on both our club,stewards and fans.
These cowardly scum need to be rooted out
Playing The Rugby League is a Family Game needs to backup with decisive action against the perpetrators.
We can all help by pointing out the offenders to stewards and making it clear inaction is not an option.
Let these idiots not detract from our greater ever season.
These cowardly scum need to be rooted out.
To any Salford fans who were innocent victims true Castleford fans are saddened to hear about your experience this is not who we are.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 17 Jul 2017, 23:52

casjunction wrote:The report in The League Express by a visiting Salford fan with her husband and young granddaughter reflects badly on both our club,stewards and fans.
Playing The Rugby League is a Family Game needs to backup with decisive action against the perpetrators.
We can all help by pointing out the offenders to stewards and making it clear inaction is not an option.
To any Salford fans who were innocent victims true Castleford fans are saddened to hear about your experience this is not who we are.
No matter what you do you'll never be able to completely remove the issue. Every sporting club in the world has issues with certain "fans" who decide to cause trouble. It's how you deal with it as a club that counts. Making sure there's decent CCTV coverage throughout the stadium and issuing swift bans to individuals involved is the main priority.

Wouldn't complain if alcohol was banned from the stands either. Sure it doesn't hurt to go without it for 80 mins. Would also stops idiots throwing pints up in the air too, really not fun to be covered in the stuff.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 18 Jul 2017, 00:24

casjunction wrote:The report in The League Express by a visiting Salford fan with her husband and young granddaughter reflects badly on both our club,stewards and fans.
I am not saying the report is not true, but it's amazing how the LE, can find a Salford fan in double quick time to give an account of the goings on. Why no Cas fan to redress the balance, and give their side. Salford know they are in enough trouble with what happened the week before and also in several other games over the last few seasons. How do we know the report was not a set up to get their retaliation in first, so as to try and absolve themselves of any blame, knowing full well they were already in big trouble beforehand. Makes it look better too with it being a female family member. For goodness sake two of their own players had to run into their own crowd and fight them at Huddersfield last year, to safeguard their own families.

For what it's worth I always stand in the railway end and generally have good conversations with the away support close to me. I have seen no trouble all year. This was the first home game I have missed this season. My mate who was there told me he saw two groups of rival fans, only about 8 each at most, hurling abuse at each other. He was on his way home a few minutes before the final whistle, so did not see any violence, but I am guessing it was these that were involved. The report in the LE only mentions misdeameanours from Cas fans (surprise surprise), which probably may well have been the case, but it is also glaringly obvious by all accounts that a minority of Salford fans were not exactly angels, to say the least.

Incidentally it was Salford fans, that let flares off at the Railway end a few years ago, and onto the field too while the game was in play.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Jul 2017, 00:29

don't get me wrong, I agree completely that trouble makers should be rooted out.
however that was very very lazy journalism by john Davidson in the league express. all he has done is give the Salford fan (joanne Hawkins) a platform to slag off cas tigers and the stewards. no where in the article are any one from cas given a right of reply.
in the very same league express in his match report phil hodgson says "the rfl are likely to investigate scenes at the railway end-the away end-after the final hooter when fighting broke out among what appeared to be visiting supporters"
we were stood at the wheldon road end and the first signs of trouble we new of was as the cas players were were applauding the fans. the Salford fans seemed to be fighting with the stewards who seemed to be trying to corral them and get them to exit the terrace. how the lady can say there were no stewards when at least 10 were trying to control their fans is beyond belief and lets not forget that last week at the aj bell a steward was stood next to the Salford fan who threw a full pint glass a james child and let him walk away.
I admit I've only heard it 2nd hand but some one in the railway end boxes said there was no trouble until after the final whistle. when sweet caroline came on the cas fans at the railway end (they were perfectly entiled to be there) started singing and dancing along with it. it was then that the ale was thrown but by the Salford fans at the celebrating cas fans. perhaps we should follow steve gills example and wait and see what the cctv images show.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Jul 2017, 07:29

To call any one a CAS fan who goes out of his or her way to cause trouble in any shape or form , is flattering them, they are mindless MORONS and want naming and shaming and if possible prosecuting , we know all clubs have a few but the Club want to make it clear they are not welcome at WELDON ROAD

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2017, 07:48

There was a dozen stewards there in seconds probly not smartist of things to celebrate team song in noses of peed off away fans but there you go
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jul 2017, 08:06

Fair comment although I would substitute 'Salford ' for 'away' as a number of their tiny support base are amongst the most aggressive and obnoxious in Superleague

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Jul 2017, 10:51

I stood behind the posts at that end in the first half. There was a small group of Cas supporters who are not normally there, and they were in good voice, drinking, but good natured. They had chosen to stand next to the small group of Salford fans. Two Salford supporters felt it necessary to curse and hurl abuse at all and sundry, both young men.
My point is this, why did the group of Cas fans choose to stand there? Unwise at best, but freedom of choice, as I always stand there, always chat and have a laugh with opposition fans (since 1965 with never a fight!). But they were all drinking and getting more and more abusive. Stewards were gathering and keeping a watch, as they do every game. It was waiting to happen.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 18 Jul 2017, 12:58

I have again spoken to someone I trust today, and he said he saw fighting, but what he saw were Salford fans fighting amongst themselves, he did not see any Cas fans involved. That of course does not mean to say there were not any in separate incidents.

The thing is though i was on the totalrl.com site on Sunday evening and it stated what was in their paper (LE) the following day. One of which was the interview with the Salford fan (lady) giving her account of things. So I am guessing it must have taken place at least on Sunday morning. So within around 36 hours maximum, the LE has investigated, found out all the details etc, found a witness the job lot. Which suggests very strongly that they gone in with a determination and total goal of finding anything that could discriminate us. When the RFL hold an inquiry into anything like this, they usually take at the very least two weeks or so to view all the evidence, usually longer. A balanced view would definitely take much longer than 36 hours max to gather all the evidence and both sides of the argument, at the very least a week or two. Sorry but I am suspicious of it.

If you look at the LE over the years such as Martyn Sadler generally seems to give our team and the attractive style we play a good rap. But then in the next breath they are forever running little stories that demean us, many that have proven unfounded. Another thing is Salford are in enough trouble as it is, any more problems and they could be in for a big fine. So what's to stop a fan going in there and one that on the face of it, a reputable family member, very early to help them out.

Sorry but the LE should no way have printed it, until all the evidence was gleaned, irregardless of whether it proves true or not. Our club should be letting them know in no uncertain terms.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Jul 2017, 13:10

The woman posted about it on Twitter, hence why they used it so quickly.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Jul 2017, 13:24

On the article, I have no problem with if they had a number of witnesses from both Cas and Salford to corroborate such a story, as would be the case in any eye-witness accounts.

But for me there's several questions:
1) How did they know it was intentionally thrown?
2) How did they know it was a Castleford fan that threw it?
3) Why was it thrown, if at all, - was it retaliatory and accidentally hit the wrong person? Or was it accidentally knocked out of someone's hand?
4) What CCTV evidence has been provided to justify this fan's account?
5) Why has League Express felt compelled to publish a story on this occasion about one incident, and will they be consistent in publishing a fan's account of an incident every time there is one?

For me, the article does nothing but fan the flames, and is damaging to the club without evidence or a statement from Castleford Tigers confirming that this indeed did take place. Having witnessed it historically that fans get a bit joyful and pints do get spilled, accidentally largely, then I see no reason to dispute that a liquid drink did hit the woman - I see no reason to lie unless she has some sort of gripe with Cas or Cas fans.

Judging by Twitter where everything was being blamed (our ground's falling down, it's a Health and Safety risk, fire hazard etc etc), I do think there is a large amount of bitterness and resentment with Salford's fans at this moment in time. They're also very defensive about a fraction of their support being idiots and looking to ways to push it on to other clubs.

Nevertheless, the simple fact is that our fans should never put themselves in a position where they face this. They don't realise the impact this has on the club and our image, and how it prevents real fans from wanting to go to games. I firmly support the club's stance in banning anyone from the ground caught in any transgressions and hope this applies to the immediate vicinity of the ground, and away grounds too. Be an idiot, tough - your loss, not ours.

I see the rationale behind them publishing the issue of segregation in rugby league but we've always had this policy of allowing fans where they want to stand, least because we have one side that's open to the elements and we want to allow fans to enjoy the game in peace and comfort. Rugby league has prided itself on being an open, family-friendly and welcoming environment. We can't less mindless idiots ruin it from either team, and we can't certainly let anyone infringe upon the right to enjoyment as mentioned above.

However, I do hope that the club writes a stern letter of reply to League Express and the Salford fan and is given adequate space and size to do so in comparison. It was really unfair of them to post that without full facts from an investigation and without corroborating the chain of events.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 18 Jul 2017, 13:37

If you look at the LE over the years such as Martyn Sadler generally seems to give our team and the attractive style we play a good rap. But then in the next breath they are forever running little stories that demean us, many that have proven unfounded.
Don't be fooled into thinking Martyn Sadler has any ounce of fondness towards Cas Tigers. He is Wakey through and through and has a huge grudge against the progress we are making with our stadium in comparison to the downturn of events happening over t' common.

LelandLaw

Post by LelandLaw » 18 Jul 2017, 14:13

onetiger wrote:was not happy with some of our fans to night fighting in diffrent parts of the ground
first on railway end
then in loo,s
then near training field

hope some one gives names to the club of these fools..
ikr, it's stupid.