TROUBLE TO NIGHT

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

TROUBLE TO NIGHT

Post by onetiger » 15 Jul 2017, 01:02

was not happy with some of our fans to night fighting in diffrent parts of the ground
first on railway end
then in loo,s
then near training field

hope some one gives names to the club of these fools..

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TROUBLE TO NIGHT

Post by corvusxiii » 15 Jul 2017, 01:07

I heard something in the pub and there was a suggestion of too much Cas initiation.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 15 Jul 2017, 07:51

Seems to happen nearly every time we play Salford. Salford have also been caught up many more times this season. Now I'm not blaming them for it all but let's not look straight at the Cas fans to blame.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Jul 2017, 08:06

Looked to me the Salford fans were fighting amongst themselves.
There weren't many cas fans in the railway end.
I'm sure anyone in the corporate boxes will have seen it all and will inform the club.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 15 Jul 2017, 08:43

I was in the corner of Princess Street stand near the Railway end. Afraid to say some Cas fans were involved. At the final whistle there was a group of our fans close to the away support. They were bouncing about as " Sweet Caroline" was struck up.

What started it all i aren't sure. Some people has said on facebook that some beer was thrown about. As O.C.L says those in the exec boxes will have had a perfect view of this.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Jul 2017, 09:11

we once again we are picking the idiot element up again , most of these would not be at matches if we were struggling at the bottom of the table, last week a flare this week fighting the culprits want weeding out and banning for life

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Jul 2017, 09:15

Need to keep beer off the terraces.
Yes it may be drastic, it seems Most games now a days fans for some reason or other feel the need to throw beer on other fans.
I've had it happen 2/3 tomes to me this season. .......sick of it, that's from my own teams fans.

The culprits need weeding out.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 15 Jul 2017, 09:25

A work colleague of mine is a Salford season ticket holder and he said they have had trouble with their fans fighting amongst themselves for the last few matches. When they were playing hull anyone trying to leave early was man handled by fans and it broke out into a brawl. He had his child with him and only managed to get out because the instigators of the fighting were busy

I'm not saying that cas fans weren't involved last night but it appears that Salford have an element of supporters who are up for a scuffle. If they will attack their own for trying to leave early they won't think twice about setting about a group of celebrating opposition fans

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 Jul 2017, 09:31

Regardless of who started the trouble it tarnishes our sport which prides itself on not needing to segregate fans thankfully such incidents are few and far between.
The Salford fans though few in numbers got behind their team despite trailing from the second minute.
Fortunately the stewards got there quite quickly and in numbers to contain the situation.
I know Salford fans have a bit of a reputation but it is a minority as with Cas fans .
Such a pity ,hopefully the guilty parties will be brought to justice.
Hopefully the club will not receive any punishments.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 15 Jul 2017, 09:56

old cas lass wrote:Need to keep beer off the terraces.
Yes it may be drastic, it seems Most games now a days fans for some reason or other feel the need to throw beer on other fans.
I've had it happen 2/3 tomes to me this season. .......sick of it, that's from my own teams fans.

The culprits need weeding out.
OCL the morons who throw beer in any direction have no respect for anyone, and most of all have nothing between their lugs, if they can throw nearly £4.00 a time away they want to go see a doctor before it gets serious.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 15 Jul 2017, 10:01

No excuse for fighting and causing trouble no matter which team you support and the Cas fans involved need weeding out before they get the club into bother.

However, an element of the Salford support are scum, there is no other word for a group of people who cheer at the sight on the big screen of a player being led out of the ground to go to hospital with a serious injury as they did when Eden was show on the screen last night.

Appalling.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Jul 2017, 10:02

There are some Salford fans with a real vendetta on Twitter against Cas and who will always blame us/criticise us no matter what, so the "facts" get blurred.

What has been said on Twitter is that a fan (blamed to be a Cas fan) threw a pint that hit a small child, and that's what started it.

Cas fans are saying it was Salford fans who started it with a Cas fan being punched in the face.

As I said on Twitter, the truth and trigger point probably lies somewhere between the two. But I don't give a toss who or what started it, only that these idiots that are giving both clubs a bad reputation are banned and that it is stamped out.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Jul 2017, 10:05

PS: if you did anything to cause trouble (unless in self-defence) then please don't ever come to our games again. We don't want you. Our reputation matters more than a fan who can't hold his ale or with a lack of brains.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 15 Jul 2017, 10:17

near the loo,s there was about 6 salford fans these cas lads came out next thing a fight broke out the stewards was there in seconds.i cant swear on it but im sure the same group who was near loo,s was the same ones fighting near training field
but i can be sure some young lads was chucking beer at the salford fans..our fans are no angels but so far this season salford have had trouble at
warrington -wakefield-leigh-hull-widnes
im sure these groups just go to get drunk and fight ..for me if your cas -or from any club you involved in trouble a ban from ground for 2 yrs...

Johnnieslad

Post by Johnnieslad » 15 Jul 2017, 11:07

Totally agree with all who want the toughest penalties for those proven to have been involved in fighting or other yobbish behaviour other than in the defence of self or family members.Unless a hard grip is applied our game has the potential to become associated with the crowd trouble seen in that game with a round ball. T As someone else said when a team is flying high it attracts the sort of person who isn't a true fan and disappears when lower down the table.There are more than a few who know little of the games rules and start booing even when a clear infringement occurs. Couple this to the increase in referee intimidation by some players and you have the ingredients for increasing crowd trouble. Some Cas fans are guilty as was the case at Wakefield last week when a couple of amber topped young lads fuelled by booze threw drink over Wakey fans after Eden s try. I was in main stand on Friday and there was a spot of bother with a couple of spectators and the stewards did a good and prompt job in sorting but we don't want it in our game and depending on the situation the most toughest penalties need to be used to ensure the sports reputation as a game where young and old can watch in safety is maintained.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 15 Jul 2017, 12:13

The one thing about this is the sky camera will hopefully have captured it all above the stand and as a club hopefully we can get pictures out of who was involved and get them banned from out ground!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Jul 2017, 12:22

Ive seen a few times ive been stood in railway end in second half at end when sweet caroline strikes up theres been young lads dancing about in front of away fans dont know if thats what happened last night and lead to fights breaking out
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 15 Jul 2017, 14:41

Did the club send out the wrong message to all hooligons when they did not alegededly ban the person who assaulted the woman Wigan fan last year they also never handed details to the police or the Wigan club i guess when your brother is a director and sponsor of the club different rules apply, come on Castleford tigers name and shame all no matter who they are send out the correct message COYF

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 15 Jul 2017, 15:39

well from now on home or away if i see fans fighting causeing trouble im going to film it or take photos
and then hand it to the club .not letting this club get dragged down by stupid immature people

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 Jul 2017, 16:23

Last week against the cods a mix up occurred at the bottle bar on Princess Street when a Hull fan who'd had a few too many didn't realise the queue went much further back behind the stands the reaction of some of our fans was a bit excessive,l managed to guide him to the back of the queue when he calmed down he thanked me as did a couple of other Hull fans whilst some of our own fans tried to provoke him l persuaded them not to.
Unfortunately our sport does attract some thuggish idiots especially when the lawn fairies season is over.
As for the comment about the incident at the Wigan game if it's true then the culprit should be punished regardless of who they are or who they are related to.