Is the Top 8 now settled?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Is the Top 8 now settled?

Post by fords » 09 Jul 2017, 17:02

SuffolkTiger wrote:After the Catalans loss today, that looks to me like the 8 sorted...

They've both got a lot to do to get in the top 4 but Pies and Saints look to be getting their act together and will be fancying their chances.

I think a competitive 8 plays into our hands as it means no easy games for anyone and, especially for the 4 teams still involved in the cup, this means that their squads will be stretched and injuries will happen. No club will be in the position that we are of being able to rest players.

We just couldn't be in a better position and it's set up for a hell of a run in to the semi final play offs.

It will be interesting to see what kind of side Catalans put out for our visit. It's looking like a dead game for them before the Middle 8's as they go to Saints before we head down there. I'm hoping they rest a few to ensure they give themselves the best chance of avoiding the MPG by starting that part of their season well.

I'm hoping Salford & Leeds knock each other about a bit later today. My money is on the latter missing out on the Top 4 when September comes around...
No, Wire or huddersfield can finish in 8th but it needs hudds to loose both

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 09 Jul 2017, 17:10

InTheKnow wrote:Would still be 5 wins clear which is plenty. If Leeds lose 1 of them games we could be 6 wins clear.
I hope Leeds do lose at home to Hull and beat Wigan away and we win both our games making it almost certain we will be crowned League Leaders. Your first post stated we would be 6 wins clear not that we could be if results went our way.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 10 Jul 2017, 10:09

Leeds are effectively 9 points behind us. I can't see them getting nine points more in the last 9 matches. It would be a fantastic decline.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Jul 2017, 11:45

fords wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:After the Catalans loss today, that looks to me like the 8 sorted...

They've both got a lot to do to get in the top 4 but Pies and Saints look to be getting their act together and will be fancying their chances.

I think a competitive 8 plays into our hands as it means no easy games for anyone and, especially for the 4 teams still involved in the cup, this means that their squads will be stretched and injuries will happen. No club will be in the position that we are of being able to rest players.

We just couldn't be in a better position and it's set up for a hell of a run in to the semi final play offs.

It will be interesting to see what kind of side Catalans put out for our visit. It's looking like a dead game for them before the Middle 8's as they go to Saints before we head down there. I'm hoping they rest a few to ensure they give themselves the best chance of avoiding the MPG by starting that part of their season well.

I'm hoping Salford & Leeds knock each other about a bit later today. My money is on the latter missing out on the Top 4 when September comes around...
No, Wire or huddersfield can finish in 8th but it needs hudds to loose both
.... And also Wire to beat Pies - unlikely.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jul 2017, 12:28

Top 8 is sorted barring a real shock with Warrington, which is a must win game for them this weekend.

And for the first time in ages we have some interesting races:

* Who can catch us?
* Race for 2nd and a home tie?
* Race for the top 4 and will anyone falter?
* Race to avoid relegation with Leigh, Widnes and Catalan all looking capable of being in the trapdoor position.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 23 Jul 2017, 07:00

sparky49 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
sparky49 wrote:Not points. Wins. We will be 6 wins clear with 7 games left. Beat Salford next week we are 10pts clear. Win Vs Catalan we will be a minimum of 10 points clear with a far superior PD. So basically 6 WINS clear at start of super 8s

If Leeds win today they will be 8 points behind and if we both win our last 2 games we still be 8 points clear, add on the points difference and that makes 9 points.
Leeds play Salford, Hull and Wigan. Don't think they will win all 3.
Well Hull and Wigan didnt look like world beaters in their games and the positions are not worked out on maybe results. The fact is if Cas and Leeds win their remaining games there is only an 8 point gap and those are the facts.
As I said. 6 wins clear due to our PD.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 23 Jul 2017, 07:14

As I said. 6 wins clear due to our PD.

As i said, if results go our way, you stated 6 wins clear only if we won our last 2 games not with Leeds losing one. I also suppose you knew Leeds would rest most of the team against Wigan, if you want to claim that as i told you so feel free i am just overjoyed we are the best team in the league by a country mile. The point difference between 1st and 2nd place must be a super league record after the regular rounds and the 300 points difference in for and against over the next team must be an all time record.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 23 Jul 2017, 09:04

sparky49 wrote:As I said. 6 wins clear due to our PD.

As i said, if results go our way, you stated 6 wins clear only if we won our last 2 games not with Leeds losing one. I also suppose you knew Leeds would rest most of the team against Wigan, if you want to claim that as i told you so feel free i am just overjoyed we are the best team in the league by a country mile. The point difference between 1st and 2nd place must be a super league record after the regular rounds and the 300 points difference in for and against over the next team must be an all time record.
I stated we would be 6 wins clear. Doesn't matter how....but I am correct haha. Let's hope we play Leeds at home early in the super 8s to have it wrapped up early.

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 23 Jul 2017, 09:40

Does anyone know if the club or 1st Round fixtures are announced early (as previous year?) so they can plan the Sky TV games within the time frame.

The rest of fixtures are like a lottery with various clubs unable to use their football grounds on certain days (Wigan/Hudds/Hull) and Leeds with cricket & South Stand.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 23 Jul 2017, 10:38

All are announced Wednesday morning.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 23 Jul 2017, 10:41

Enya's first 3 fixtures have been announced:

Sale (a)
Sale (a)
Sale (a)
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 23 Jul 2017, 10:54

WF10 wrote:Enya's first 3 fixtures have been announced:

Sale (a)
Sale (a)
Sale (a)
Class

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 23 Jul 2017, 11:31

Leeds at home first game up please.

Sealing the LLS game one in front of a sell-out would be awesome.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 23 Jul 2017, 13:14

Nu Shooze wrote:Leeds at home first game up please.

Sealing the LLS game one in front of a sell-out would be awesome.
Wouldn't be official though as would be 12 clear with 6 to play. Even though they can't catch us due to our PD. I would rather play them week 2 or 3 so it's actually confirmed.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Jul 2017, 21:42

ERG2012 wrote:
WF10 wrote:Enya's first 3 fixtures have been announced:

Sale (a)
Sale (a)
Sale (a)
Class