The Key to Classy Cas

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

The Key to Classy Cas

Post by Mysterio » 20 Jun 2017, 09:35

People remark about our expansive exciting play, but, do you know what?

The only reason we're so good is basically because our players work tirelessly making decoy runs/running certain lines & dummy runner lines to create space.

This of course is all dreamt up by the coaching staff.

On top of this, we have a team full of players fully committed and on board with our system, which is marshalled incredibly well on the pitch by LG/ZH & PMc. Not to mention DP literally drilling this home with hour upon hour of training and analysis.

Sometimes we have an off day.

That is all.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: The Key to Classy Cas

Post by Mysterio » 20 Jun 2017, 09:41

And, more to the point, when you have a team full of players believing and sharing the same ethos, and continually running those lines whilst also gaining yardage in the drives, it's unplayable :-)

Watson at Salford has copied DP and look at them.

It must be so rewarding for DP DO or RS to dream up a move and see it come to fruition on the pitch. I think we saw some variation on Sunday (the Roberts intercept albeit!)
Audacter Et Sincere

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 20 Jun 2017, 10:14

true m8.i think we all expect so much because of the way we have played most of the season.all I can say is that I've not enjoyed a season more since I started in the 80's and regardless of what happens from here on in I will be there supporting the boys.COYF.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 20 Jun 2017, 10:33

Bramley Tiger wrote:true m8.i think we all expect so much because of the way we have played most of the season.all I can say is that I've not enjoyed a season more since I started in the 80's and regardless of what happens from here on in I will be there supporting the boys.COYF.
This ^^
My sentiments entirely.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 20 Jun 2017, 10:53

Tigerade wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:true m8.i think we all expect so much because of the way we have played most of the season.all I can say is that I've not enjoyed a season more since I started in the 80's and regardless of what happens from here on in I will be there supporting the boys.COYF.
This ^^
My sentiments entirely.
And so say all of us :clap: :clap: :clap:
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Jun 2017, 10:57

I agree with all that.
My worry is all the hard work we've put in over the last 4 months, I just don't want it to dwindle away.
Losing junior and cook could come and bite us.
We saw how weak we was down the middle on Sunday.
Most teams will now have Sussed that out.
We really are desperate to recruit someone asap, unless springer and Patrick show some form.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Jun 2017, 12:06

I thought patrick looked quite good when he was on sunday even tho it wasnt for long
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Jun 2017, 12:19

Mysterio wrote:People remark about our expansive exciting play, but, do you know what?

The only reason we're so good is basically because our players work tirelessly making decoy runs/running certain lines & dummy runner lines to create space.

This of course is all dreamt up by the coaching staff.

On top of this, we have a team full of players fully committed and on board with our system, which is marshalled incredibly well on the pitch by LG/ZH & PMc. Not to mention DP literally drilling this home with hour upon hour of training and analysis.

Sometimes we have an off day.

That is all.
And to add, although we weren't quite up to scratch on Sunday, there was more than one occasion when we were still trying to play our entertaining rugby and but for an interception or dropped ball, we may well have scored.

I've also watch my recording of the game and the Welsh wizard himself (JD) said that we were by far the more creative team with Hull more likely to score with their big men from only 20m out.

I still want to see us play rugby the way it should be played and not by robots.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Jun 2017, 12:21

There was always going to be a point in the season where we have a dip in form or injuries bite and that spell might be now. It's impossible to go a full season without any dips or injuries and whilst the club,coaches,players and fans try or or want to win every game you just can't do it. With 30 points on the board I still believe 6 wins from our last 12 games will be enough to win the LLS has it would take 1 of either Leeds,hull.salford to win 10 from 12 remaining games something I just cannot see happening with them also having to contend with the challenge cup.

It's now when we lose a game or two where we have to hold our nerve has our form will return. Let the haters hate and let them all use the bubble has burst words but we will find our best form when it matters. I'm not writing off wins against Leeds or hull either in the next two weeks but they may just be playing us at the right time.

You don't do what we've done all year if we were a bad side.has the saying goes form is temporary class is permanent. Keep the faith try not to over worry and support the team regardless of the results and will be stronger for it. COYF