We've lost a Game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

We've lost a Game

Post by Mysterio » 19 Jun 2017, 09:07

Albeit an important one.

Lessons to learn
Issues exposed
Work to do for all

Put it to bed. All move on, like in '99.

Still a very, very good Team.

I'm sure, if the right kind of Player becomes available down under or at home, we'd even pay a fee to release them from the last year of a contract.

Let DP do the thinking and tinkering, we trust and believe and simply move on.

"COYF, win lose or draw"
Audacter Et Sincere

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: We've lost a Game

Post by drleftie » 19 Jun 2017, 09:50

Agree. Learn some lessons and use it to set us up for the play-offs and hopefully the GF.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Jun 2017, 10:21

It could be a blessing in disguise. A triple was never on the cards, only one team has done it and they'd had many players who've been in big finals.
Having the breaks for the semi and final weeks will help our tired players.
The lls should be ours now and early settled. We can take it easy in the super 8s and build for the play offs.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Jun 2017, 10:32

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure we're working hard to bring in a proven player (maybe two) who will add something to the team.

You know, a 'little boost' given the time of year and exit from the Cup.

It's around now that players/clubs, especially down under, get itchy feet with regards to who they're keeping, who they want, and whether releasing someone from the last year of their deal to make way for another addition. Players also (such as JSL was) aren't comfortable sat on the bench or as a squad player when there's an opportunity to join UK Superleague's league leaders in with a shot of a GF.

I fully expect one quality addition at least within the next month.

Wardle would be invaluable, released early for Monaghan, and a prop added now for when AL retires.

It's all do-able if the numbers stack up and the deal is right.

I bet we're working on it right now.

Chase's money frees up some cap space for the rest of the year and we had some left anyway, and were in a position to offer a reasonable fee if needs be.

Anyone got any opinion or info?
Audacter Et Sincere

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 19 Jun 2017, 10:41

Cas will turn it round. We lost to hull twice away from home and lost by goal kicks? Having time to reflect on it, I hope hull go on to win it, to be the best you've got to beat the best (unlike Leeds lol)
I'm sure we will pick up from this and win the shield and the grand final. Hull look to be the only team close to us but I see them dropping more games after they win the cup and don't see them near the mix for the grand final. I suppose we will see how good hull r when they play at our place. I expect them to fall like the others. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a player or two join within the coming weeks to give some competition for places .

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Jun 2017, 10:42

Mysterio wrote:Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure we're working hard to bring in a proven player (maybe two) who will add something to the team.

It's around now that players/clubs, especially down under, get itchy feet with regards to who they're keeping, who they want, and whether releasing someone from the last year of their deal to make way for another addition. Players also (such as JSL was) aren't comfortable sat on the bench or as a squad player when there's an opportunity to join UK Superleague's league leaders in with a shot of a GF.

Wardle would be invaluable, released early for Monaghan, and a prop added now for when AL retires.

Chase's money frees up some cap space for the rest of the year and we had some left anyway, and were in a position to offer a reasonable fee if needs be.

Savelio would be good.
Not too sure on Wardle for this season as we aren't struggling in the centres.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Jun 2017, 10:48

Mysterio wrote:Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure we're working hard to bring in a proven player (maybe two) who will add something to the team.

With Moors & Cook out for a while and Lynch not able to do the big minutes anymore we need a big body up front, someone who can do some damage to the defensive line. It's been mentioned elsewhere but if Sam Tagatese at Cronulla is available then he'd fit the bill perfectly but i'm not sure how we'd fit him in quota wise this year, it will probably have to be next season. Can'treally think of anyone English who fits the bill and would be available.

mcm
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mcm » 19 Jun 2017, 11:12

lesson do defo need to be learned use it has a focus to for play offs and keep winning league games

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 19 Jun 2017, 11:22

Just watched the red button challenge cup extra and if you get chance to watch it was summarised brilliantly by peacock,Tompkins and wilkin. Showed exactly where we need to be better.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Jun 2017, 11:32

The Firm wrote:

With Moors & Cook out for a while and Lynch not able to do the big minutes anymore we need a big body up front, someone who can do some damage to the defensive line. It's been mentioned elsewhere but if Sam Tagatese at Cronulla is available then he'd fit the bill perfectly but i'm not sure how we'd fit him in quota wise this year, it will probably have to be next season. Can'treally think of anyone English who fits the bill and would be available.
We have a non-fed spot available. We are allowed seven and currently have Monaghan, Millington, Hitchcox, Moors, Sene-Lefao and Roberts. Webster is exempt.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Jun 2017, 12:11

Coming from Normanton we have a cross section of fans Feath Wakefield and Cas with us losing it least it put smiles on the Feath and Wakefield fans faces, the jealousy of some of these fans is unbelievable,

ellsswfctiger

Post by ellsswfctiger » 19 Jun 2017, 13:28

i genuinely heard walking out of the KCOM

''We have big time players bottling big games, it'll happen in the play offs, if this lot even stay in the top four for us''

Absolute moron.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 19 Jun 2017, 16:04

ellsswfctiger wrote:i genuinely heard walking out of the KCOM

''We have big time players bottling big games, it'll happen in the play offs, if this lot even stay in the top four for us''

Absolute moron.
[-(
Jesus. That's just a petulant frustrated reaction. Anyone who has watched Cas for any length of time knows better than this.
I am delighted how things are going. Best coach we have ever had. Best rugby I have seen in 30 odd years watching. Best chance of winning the league. Records tumbling. Lost a tough cup.QF away to the holders on goal kicks. We have suffeted worse...Barrow at home, Fev away anyone? Some people need to get real. This may never happen again. Buzzing to be a Cas fam right now. :dance:

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 20 Jun 2017, 08:09

Absolute moron.
To be fair though, they are only saying what the rest of RL is saying.
That was the biggest game of the year so far for Cas and lets be honest they did not hit their straps.
I think that was a lot to do with a very good performance from Hull though and not Cas bottling it.

I am quite confident this team can continue to achieve good things but they have to go out and prove it.

It may not be on Friday but after that we will see the best of Cas again when it matters. IMHO :-)

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 20 Jun 2017, 08:36

Lee Radford has published the blueprint...play simple, play hard, play the six out and kick, defend as if your life depends on it, and see how Cas cope. Will other teams adopt it, and do they have the personnel to execute it?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Jun 2017, 08:51

I think a few have already tried and failed with those tactics this season. Usually after they have thought they were working and we have then made key substitutions.
Hull did it to perfection on Sunday and still only just won at home.We have succeeded this season by not succumbing to the jaded tactics of the likes of Wigan. It's in the long term interests of the game for us to succeed with our expansive brand of rugby and I hope that we will not compromise and let the defence police keep their stranglehold on the game

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Jun 2017, 08:53

cogito ergo sum wrote:Lee Radford has published the blueprint...play simple, play hard, play the six out and kick, defend as if your life depends on it, and see how Cas cope. Will other teams adopt it, and do they have the personnel to execute it?
That could be said when you play any team.
You could also say play with a smile on your face make the ball do the work play expansive rugby increase attendances and win more than you loose l know what l would rather watch.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Jun 2017, 09:31

Were just as likely to turn it on next big game we play allthough looking at some of the forums weve been found out seems to be the mantra we will see i thought from the early weeks we were the best team and would be crowned champions at old trafford and i still believe thats what will happen ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Jun 2017, 10:20

Absolute moron.
Not wrong though tbf.
Powell took Fev to numerous finals and didnt win any.
We bottled the LLS in the last game at Catalan on 2014.
Didnt turn up in the CC final.
And although Hull are a good side and we only lost on kicks , still another big game we didnt perform in.
Im not saying were bottlers just yet , but it seems like we hsve no plan B .
If we cant do the fancy stuff and throw the ball about , we dont know what to do.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Jun 2017, 11:07

We didn't bottle the Catalan game the disallowed try for an offside which clearly what cost os the LLS
as did a very contentious decision against Saints.