We've lost a Game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: We've lost a Game

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Jun 2017, 08:51

I think a few have already tried and failed with those tactics this season. Usually after they have thought they were working and we have then made key substitutions.
Hull did it to perfection on Sunday and still only just won at home.We have succeeded this season by not succumbing to the jaded tactics of the likes of Wigan. It's in the long term interests of the game for us to succeed with our expansive brand of rugby and I hope that we will not compromise and let the defence police keep their stranglehold on the game

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Jun 2017, 08:53

cogito ergo sum wrote:Lee Radford has published the blueprint...play simple, play hard, play the six out and kick, defend as if your life depends on it, and see how Cas cope. Will other teams adopt it, and do they have the personnel to execute it?
That could be said when you play any team.
You could also say play with a smile on your face make the ball do the work play expansive rugby increase attendances and win more than you loose l know what l would rather watch.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Jun 2017, 09:31

Were just as likely to turn it on next big game we play allthough looking at some of the forums weve been found out seems to be the mantra we will see i thought from the early weeks we were the best team and would be crowned champions at old trafford and i still believe thats what will happen ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Jun 2017, 10:20

ellsswfctiger wrote:i genuinely heard walking out of the KCOM

''We have big time players bottling big games, it'll happen in the play offs, if this lot even stay in the top four for us''

Absolute moron.
Not wrong though tbf.
Powell took Fev to numerous finals and didnt win any.
We bottled the LLS in the last game at Catalan on 2014.
Didnt turn up in the CC final.
And although Hull are a good side and we only lost on kicks , still another big game we didnt perform in.
Im not saying were bottlers just yet , but it seems like we hsve no plan B .
If we cant do the fancy stuff and throw the ball about , we dont know what to do.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Jun 2017, 11:07

We didn't bottle the Catalan game the disallowed try for an offside which clearly what cost os the LLS
as did a very contentious decision against Saints.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Jun 2017, 12:27

It shouldnt have come down to one dodgy try though.
If we had played like we had all season we would have hammered saints.

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 20 Jun 2017, 12:28

casjunction wrote:We didn't bottle the Catalan game the disallowed try for an offside which clearly what cost os the LLS
Whilst these errors may be factually correct, we need to stop putting every defeat down to the ref.

I still think DP has got the game plan to win something this year but the players need to do their bit.

I am confident they will. :D :D

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Jun 2017, 12:41

It's a very different and much better side both in ability and coaching than in 2014

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 20 Jun 2017, 13:32

takethetwo wrote:

''We have big time players bottling big games, it'll happen in the play offs, if this lot even stay in the top four for us''

Absolute moron.
Not wrong though tbf.
And although Hull are a good side and we only lost on kicks , still another big game we didnt perform in.
If we cant do the fancy stuff and throw the ball about , we dont know what to do.

Agree with this to a point. We are capable of playing more conservatively and playing a more controlled and less expansive style- we proved that when we beat Wigan and when we ground out the win against Saints when several key players were rested. The problem as I see it is that we only seem to be able to do this when it's clearly the tactic from the outset and we don't seem to be able to change to it mid game when the plan A flashy stuff isn't working. If when Hull were on a roll we'd calmed down & concentrated on completing our sets & kicking for field position I think we'd have done better.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 20 Jun 2017, 13:49

drleftie wrote:
takethetwo wrote:

Absolute moron.
Not wrong though tbf.

Agree with this to a point. We are capable of playing more conservatively and playing a more controlled and less expansive style- we proved that when we beat Wigan and when we ground out the win against Saints when several key players were rested. The problem as I see it is that we only seem to be able to do this when it's clearly the tactic from the outset and we don't seem to be able to change to it mid game when the plan A flashy stuff isn't working. If when Hull were on a roll we'd calmed down & concentrated on completing our sets & kicking for field position I think we'd have done better.
Totally agree, champion teams are adaptable teams. Sometimes you have to earn the right to go wide.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 20 Jun 2017, 15:23

We adapted against Saints at home. After an error-strewn first half when we tried to be expansive, we changed to a more direct approach which saved the day.

terminaldecline
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by terminaldecline » 20 Jun 2017, 15:34

takethetwo wrote:

Absolute moron.
Not wrong though tbf.
You can reach too far from the result of one game.

So I'd like to reach my own conclusion based on twice as much evidence. The last 2 games we have lost have been Hull Away (superleague) and Hull Away (Challenge Cup)... so maybe the problem is not cup football, High pressure games or no plan B... maybe the problem is playing Hull away from home.

if so, I doubt we're going to need to play Hull again at the KCom stadium in a must win game.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 20 Jun 2017, 15:48

We might play Hull away twice more. Once in the Super 8`s and another in the GF semi if they finish above us and we are 3rd.

We are without Moors for 10 weeks - it will be interesting to see how many matches we will win in that period without him. Hopefully still enough to take the LLS. He is a massive loss to us.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Jun 2017, 16:03

Yes Junior is a major loss for us as is Matt Cook so it is a bit of a Double Whammy but having Larne Patrick back softens the blow somewhat which, looking back at the game, I thought he ran really well with punch when he came on but something worries me on the fact he was only on 10 minutes unless DP thought that was enough to blood him for now after his long lay off ! If Larne is used to prominence, he may be enough to cover for the injured players but I think it may not and we may need to bring someone in (hope it's not Ashton Simms though - I think he is more of a liability with his sloppy play and can be a bit lazy and un-focussed at times). I'd look to the NRL for a good forward who is an unknown quantity and who'd bring in a surprise element of play rather than a forward that is already known here - Money dependant of course !!.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Jun 2017, 17:48

Davc1h wrote:
casjunction wrote:We didn't bottle the Catalan game the disallowed try for an offside which clearly what cost os the LLS
Whilst these errors may be factually correct, we need to stop putting every defeat down to the ref.

I still think DP has got the game plan to win something this year but the players need to do their bit.

I am confident they will. :D :D
Not putting it down to ref just not happy ith this bottler label.
Having watched the lads for almost forty years l have never felt more confident and happy walking down the lane Sheadingley or any other ground for that reason

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Jun 2017, 20:31

You're right not to be happy with a bottler label. It seems to be based on our first cup final for over 20 years back in 2014 and 4 defeats this year in all of which we at least matched our opponents in terms of tries scored

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 20 Jun 2017, 21:14

Tamworth Tiger wrote:You're right not to be happy with a bottler label. It seems to be based on our first cup final for over 20 years back in 2014 and 4 defeats this year in all of which we at least matched our opponents in terms of tries scored
Agree. Seems bizarre tagging us with that. Overblown reaction. Just as untealistic as claiming we should be winning the treble and the LLS will be a disappointment if that's all we win. Crazy talk.

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 20 Jun 2017, 21:58

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:You're right not to be happy with a bottler label. It seems to be based on our first cup final for over 20 years back in 2014 and 4 defeats this year in all of which we at least matched our opponents in terms of tries scored
Agree. Seems bizarre tagging us with that. Overblown reaction. Just as untealistic as claiming we should be winning the treble and the LLS will be a disappointment if that's all we win. Crazy talk.
Well I for one would be over the moon with the LLS.

Anything more would an amazing bonus. :D :D

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 20 Jun 2017, 22:26

Davc1h wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Well I for one would be over the moon with the LLS.

Anything more would an amazing bonus. :D :D
I am with you brother

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 20 Jun 2017, 22:28

If coming top of the league after all the weekly rounds are finished is a disappointment to fans then the short amount of success we've had over recent years has gone to their heads.

Winning the league is a massive achievement after being relegated twice, on the brink of administration and looking like we'd never see success for decades.

Always been amazed that in any other sport finishing top of the table is an achievement yet in RL nope you have to play more games and then win a final otherwise it's been a pointless year.

Winning the LLS will be our FIRST SL trophy. That is something to be proud of, forget what any other fan says.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.