leeds on friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Re: leeds on friday

Post by betts21 » 22 Jun 2017, 15:25

TT Tiger wrote:
takethetwo wrote:Id bring Webster over to the left to replace Shenny.
Minikin and Monaghan havent let us down on that right edge yet.
Agreed with moving Webster over. He was the left centre last year when someone scored a lot of tries down our left edge whilst Shenton was injured. Cant pick between moners of Jy for right wing.
While monners hasn't dont owt wrong I don't see him as a game changer jy the other week was out standing for me I'd play minkin and jy together real pace and threat that I think we will need plenty of energy

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Jun 2017, 15:36

Sound like bri mac is fired up anyway
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/l ... view/46098

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 22 Jun 2017, 18:41

Scoopage wrote:Sound like bri mac is fired up anyway
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/l ... view/46098
Blimey!! Sounds like he got out of bed this morning and stood on a piece of his Lego.... Calm down Mr Apples...

A win would be even sweeter after reading that... I make them favourites though....

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 22 Jun 2017, 19:38

He's seen how Hull beat us & is trying to get his players & supporters fired up to do the same. I'm sure DP will have taken note & if we're smart & keep turning them around they'll not get too far. Using the same tactics as we faced (and hopefully learned from) less than a week ago might even backfire. I'd love it if we did them again after all this hype.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 22 Jun 2017, 20:24

:lol: :lol:

Sounds like Brian Mac has had enough of getting beat by little Cas hahaha. They are coming for us. Would love to beat them even with a worn out squad and them basically at full strength.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Jun 2017, 20:27

Don't you think though saying stuff like that is putting pressure on his own players to perform.
Could work our way.

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 22 Jun 2017, 20:52

Must have bung the ref a few quid to be so cocky. Think beating a championship team as given him ideas above his station [-X

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 22 Jun 2017, 21:20

McDermott said tonight that The Whinos will be without Rob Burrows, Golding and Carl Ablett, which is good

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Jun 2017, 21:25

North Leeds Tiger wrote:McDermott said tonight that The Whinos will be without Rob Burrows, Golding and Carl Ablett, which is good
And hopefully without a win against Cas for seven.matches!
Love it
C.O.Y.F.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 23 Jun 2017, 00:56

betts21 wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
Agreed with moving Webster over. He was the left centre last year when someone scored a lot of tries down our left edge whilst Shenton was injured. Cant pick between moners of Jy for right wing.
While monners hasn't dont owt wrong I don't see him as a game changer jy the other week was out standing for me I'd play minkin and jy together real pace and threat that I think we will need plenty of energy
Do you think Hitchcox and Minikin have the size to deal with Hall and (is it Keinhorst) ? though . Last week Hulls wingers didnt need any skill , they just ran over the two Gregs . We need some size on that edge and cant rely on Mcmeeken to cover them both .

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 23 Jun 2017, 06:43

Don't give away silly penalties and respect the ball and Leeds will be the team who have to worry about defending. No need to start swapping and changing. Cas were poor against hull and didn't get beaten by much.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Jun 2017, 08:55

takethetwo wrote:
betts21 wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
Do you think Hitchcox and Minikin have the size to deal with Hall and (is it Keinhorst) ? though . Last week Hulls wingers didnt need any skill , they just ran over the two Gregs . We need some size on that edge and cant rely on Mcmeeken to cover them both .
Hall played centre v Fev. Could be Handley and Hall on one side (v Minikin if he plays right, Hitchcox and McMeeken) and Watkins and Briscoe on the right (Foster, Webster and Eden)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 23 Jun 2017, 09:32

Real fighting talk is that from McDermott. I'll like the bit about the media "bigging" us up, putting us on a pedestal and the comment "you would have thought they have reinvented the game". Little digs I know but it makes them come across as a bit desparate to beat us.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 23 Jun 2017, 10:34

Hardaker
Eden
Monaghan
Webster
Minikin
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Jun 2017, 12:47

jackknife wrote:Hardaker
Eden
Monaghan
Webster
Minikin
Think we'll struggle with that line-up; could do with at least another 8 players or we'll get pulled all over the park. :D
Spreading the Cas gene pool

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Jun 2017, 13:02

every one seems to want Joel to play, it might be me but I think Joel as no pace , is defence as been found out on a few occasions this year , Minnikin fo centre and Hitchcox on the wing would me my choice but Darrel will make the choice, in Darrel we trust

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 23 Jun 2017, 13:03

Flat Capper wrote:
jackknife wrote:Hardaker
Eden
Monaghan
Webster
Minikin
Think we'll struggle with that line-up; could do with at least another 8 players or we'll get pulled all over the park. :D
That is one serious injury problem, gives loiners a chance.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Jun 2017, 15:37

Looking like a full house tonight.
Managed to get someone to work and am picking my ticket up at Sheaddingley.
Yes we are a bit light due to injuries.
However if Springer puts in a big performance and we cut out the unforced errors and unnecessary penalties Burrows not playing should as it's far too easy to commit a high tackle on the rug rat. l think we could be in for a famous victory ,which will hopefully silence all those doubters and give us a very healthy lead at the top of the table and reinforce our chances of finishing top at the end of the regular season and leave us with a real chance of the LLS
IF the unthinkable happens we still have a four point advantage and a massive points difference

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 23 Jun 2017, 15:57

Would imagine a big response from Cas tonight after the c.c defeat. Keep the penalty count down and should have a good chance.

Allerton eskimo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Allerton eskimo » 23 Jun 2017, 17:43

I know this is a leeds thread but I think next week is more important. ill take a loss tonight for a win against hull! We need to keep the psychological 'undefeated at home' tag intact! That Will basically provide the key to unlock the door to the GF for me.