Hull Game Predictions

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Hull Game Predictions

Post by Wildie » 15 Jun 2017, 16:04

Over 12k tickets sold for this

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 15 Jun 2017, 18:17

I think hull will edge a close one unfortunately, their forwards will be the advantage point for them , there is even talk of sneyd playing with a pain killing injection too which means radford has a virtually full strength squad to pick from (personally I don't think they need to risk him and possibly cause further injury to the mad) Either way it promises to be a humdinger of a match and I hope we do our terrestrial TV appearance justice after becoming the media darlings of RL

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 15 Jun 2017, 19:04

All depends on whether we can hold their forwards. Yes we've only a few out, but we're missing our 3 biggest units which will be a big advantage for Hull. We need to shift the ball and move them about.

Attacking-wise they have little in the way of flair or creativity. Last season's game plan consisted entirely of give it to the big lad and when that didn't work get it to Sneyd to kick it. Kelly gives them a bit more but he's an opportunist rather than a creator or game controller and they still rely on trying to run over the top.

Hull will be well up for it but have been blitzed more than once this season, whereas our biggest defeat has been by 4 points; we are far more consistent.

Enthralling game in store, in Saharan conditions.

Cas by 8 - hopefully!

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 15 Jun 2017, 21:51

Despite the injuries in the forwards still think we will win this one.

People seem to soon forget that we have two of the best half backs in the league. 2 class centres with Jake coming back from a rest. Top try scorer. One of the best hookers. Hopefully adz will be back to full speed. Oh and the best full back in the league. I wrote a simar post for the saint game and got shot down.(a full strength saints team that hammered hull last time out)

Yes we are down in the forwards which is a concern with their big pack. But we have a much more solid defence this year. Think we will need the two Greg's and centres to maybe get through a bit more working bringing the ball back in on the first couple of tackles after their kicks to give our big guys a rest, and stretch them a bit laterally

I know they looked like blowing us out of the park last time but hopefully we just got caught cold footed.
Our kicking game needs to be spot on just keep pegging them back in their own 10/15 from kicks, nothing silly and think we will get the win. We easily have enough class in the team here.

I know I said we have two of the best halves in the league with gale and Benny... but what are people's thoughts on starting mcshane or Holmes at 6 and have Benny at hooker ? Or maybe switch to that later on when their forwards are wearing a bit, I'm sure Benny will find some gaps from dummy half like he did against saints

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 15 Jun 2017, 22:31

Gonna be a very warm afternoon, doesn't always suit a team with a big pack. It's our conditions to a tee, personally think if we can match em up in front for first 20, and take the sting out of Taylor & Watts, then it sets it up for us to start n move their big team around that big pitch.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Jun 2017, 09:12

a big thing in our favour is the weather 27 degrees forecast, we are light weight up front but in these conditions it could hopefully work in our favour, the lads will know that we have to be switched on from the KO, last time we went there they were 18 points in front after the first 10 minutes, the key is to hold them at the start as they will be trying to do what they did last time, COME ON YE FORD

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 16 Jun 2017, 09:46

OK just my opinion but are we really light in the forwards? Matt Cooke although Mr consistent isn't world class. Larroyer and foster to come in as Cover for him. Springer and maher been slated most of he season and Holmes and Patrick hardly seen most of season. Now junior is different. I feel we will miss him but not the extent most are quoting. Remember one man doesn't make a team but he's the only one because of the way he plays can't be easily replaced. It's only my opinion guys COYF

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 16 Jun 2017, 10:15

chesterfieldtiger wrote:OK just my opinion but are we really light in the forwards? Matt Cooke although Mr consistent isn't world class. Larroyer and foster to come in as Cover for him. Springer and maher been slated most of he season and Holmes and Patrick hardly seen most of season. Now junior is different. I feel we will miss him but not the extent most are quoting. Remember one man doesn't make a team but he's the only one because of the way he plays can't be easily replaced. It's only my opinion guys COYF
Cook plays a really key role. Gets us on the front foot and is probably most direct runner in the middle. Foster and Larroyer great defenders but don't replace thr go forward of Cook.
The rest if what you say I agree with.
Springer Cook Moors and nonPatrick to come in puts more workload on Millo and JSL and the concern for me is can we handle HFC pack? Hopefully heat will affect them. But longterm my worry is can we manage game time and wear and tear on rest of our pack, esp Millo JSL McMeeks McShane and Lynch as they are having to do a lot.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 16 Jun 2017, 10:23

I think Matt Cook has been superb for us this year, very underrated.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 16 Jun 2017, 10:43

Cooky for me after Moors is the best impact forward we have from the bench...

looks from what DP said in his interview Springer will be ready for the Leeds game ...looks like foster/larroyer with Massey/Milo propping.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 16 Jun 2017, 10:51

Toughest game of the season and a hard one to call. We need to shut down Kelly as most of what they do good stems from him and match them in the forwards, and its that bit that worries me given the injuries. Need everyone on top of their game and we can nick it but it will be a tight one.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Jun 2017, 11:04

Trying not to sound like a doom & gloom merchant but is it like the 2011 season repeating itself again?. I think we lost our starting props that year (Huby & Emmitt who were playing out of our skin if i remember)?, and went into some key games with Rob Parker & Ben Davies(?) as emergency props.

We also seemed to have a squad full of back rowers then too...Aspinwall,Thompson,Stuart Jones,Ferres etc who couldn't do the job of an out & out prop.

Hope the lads prove me wrong Sunday.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Jun 2017, 11:12

duke street 10 wrote:Trying not to sound like a doom & gloom merchant but is it like the 2011 season repeating itself again?. I think we lost our starting props that year (Huby & Emmitt who were playing out of our skin if i remember)?, and went into some key games with Rob Parker & Ben Davies(?) as emergency props.

We also seemed to have a squad full of back rowers then too...Aspinwall,Thompson,Stuart Jones,Ferres etc who couldn't do the job of an out & out prop.

Hope the lads prove me wrong Sunday.
Am I missing something? Our front line props are playing aren't they? 8 Lynch, 10 Millington, 14 Massey. If we can't cope with 1 prop missing we are in a lot of trouble.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 16 Jun 2017, 11:15

Surely well have lynch starting with massey/millo and JSL and Meeks in 2nd row milner at loose. Then massey/millo larroyer, Foster as interchange.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 16 Jun 2017, 11:42

And Patrick

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Jun 2017, 15:16

Like i say i hope i'm wrong. Hull will probably rip into Lynch early doors and get us to use interchanges sooner than we'd like,then moving the likes of JSL to prop to bring on Larroyer or Foster when JSL has been more effective further out.

The weather should help us mind if we throw the ball about.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 17 Jun 2017, 10:49

A Wigan & Hull win double gets you £20 back for a £5 stake on Coral.....

Might be something to sooth any potential disappointment this weekend.

I'm happy to lose my £5 as long as we go through on Sunday.