Tonight's game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tonight's game

Post by laner » 26 May 2017, 23:34

The team did well to win tonight Widnes came out with lots of credit but for me I am more concerned that adding another prop and centre is still a priority

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Tonight's game

Post by Andrew6666 » 27 May 2017, 00:04

laner wrote:The team did well to win tonight Widnes came out with lots of credit but for me I am more concerned that adding another prop and centre is still a priority
The team showed that they can grind out a win ugly tonight which is something that we have struggled with. A prop is a must, we are very light in the front row.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 27 May 2017, 01:27

Heartbroken for Widnes but happy for Castleford. I'd like to say that I have not paid good money to see a close entertaining game of rugby league when what I wanted was an eclipse. Am Exhausted. Off to bed. Isn't RL very good? Super stuff!
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 27 May 2017, 07:47

Don't underestimate the fact that Rangi will have been talking all week about moves/play/position etc

We may not have played well but they did have the inside track.

Andy is getting tired without a doubt and I agree if we could get a bit strong 3 or 4 and another big grafting prop we should be in the mix for a couple more seasons.
Mentally playing a side like Widnes is difficult to over come but there is defeat around every corner. Monday will not be easy.

robbo
Truth is always best !

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 27 May 2017, 08:46

Robbo wrote:Don't underestimate the fact that Rangi will have been talking all week about moves/play/position etc

We may not have played well but they did have the inside track.

Andy is getting tired without a doubt and I agree if we could get a bit strong 3 or 4 and another big grafting prop we should be in the mix for a couple more seasons.
Mentally playing a side like Widnes is difficult to over come but there is defeat around every corner. Monday will not be easy.

robbo
Agree about Monday, thought it would be tough anyway but after their win at Hull they are really going to have their tales up.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 May 2017, 09:37

Our forwards were rarely threatened as well, which is the worrying sign.

Widnes really struggled to get out of their own half without the aid of our errors or penalties.

I think my biggest issue is that our lines seemed to be all over the place at times. It just seemed so disjointed and complacent.

Widnes did a good job on us but I don't think they were amazing. We showed when we put on the skill that we could get around them.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 May 2017, 09:47

Pleased with the win even though we did it tough, but at the end of the game Adam Milner seemed to be holding his right wrist so hope hes ok & we didnt get any more knocks?
Last edited by yorky on 27 May 2017, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 27 May 2017, 09:50

We were slightly off, it happens. We sit up there to be shot at, but we found a way to win ugly, another characteristic of a good team. Challenge should be embraced, you get a measure of where you stand.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 27 May 2017, 10:14

Thankfully we have some fantastic plays at the ready to dig us out of holes like that.
Though jsl was superb last night he was putting in tackles all over the place and actually ran with intent.
Widnes has a simple plan. Slow us down in the ruck and rush out to gale, it worked well!
What really frustrated me about last night was the lack of urgency to form the scrum. It was like we were trying to wind the clock down!!.
Our right edge defence will be a hell of a lot better once webster is back in place. And minikin is back on the wing. I can't remember which try it was of theirs (in second half) minikin was tacking their centre and Joel was caught flat footed when the pass came out. I'm convinced they wouldn't usually score that one.

However to say nearly the whole team played bad. Lots of plays that usually stick didn't come off. We basically played with 2 subs, Leeds game will have taken a lot out of the team. We still managed to find the win.

Think a few players are in need of a rest on Monday. Think Meeks and millo are two that could do with a rest (millo looks less in 'need' of a rest but he is key for the saints game)

ron
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ron » 27 May 2017, 10:27

yorky wrote:Pleased with the win even though we did it tough, but at the end of the game Adam Milner seemed to be holding his right wrist so hope hes ok & we didnt get any more knocks?
I noticed that. He was holding his wrist very gingerly as they walked round after the game and looked concerned.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 May 2017, 12:27

See savelio couldnt get in a poor warrington 17 last night they will proberly be looking to off load him end of season wonder if we could get him on loan for rest of season always impresed me when he played for us last year
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 27 May 2017, 17:33

thought the whole team was looking fatigued yesterday. when muscles and joints are overworked then injuries will happen im afraid. lets hope 2 days total rest will make a little diference. i think lynch is struggling now and i think we need to blood foster and layorrer more. seems a waste of a sub when holmes is not used, because the others have more minutes to do. yesterday we was crying out for a sub to come on with bags of energy and it nearly cost us because the players in that heat had gone. if you have 4 subs then use them.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 27 May 2017, 17:35

think savelio would be a good signing but i believe he signed with them a 2 year deal didnt he?

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 27 May 2017, 20:53

classysupercas wrote:think savelio would be a good signing but i believe he signed with them a 2 year deal didnt he?

Could we get him on loan again?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 May 2017, 21:29

classysupercas wrote:think savelio would be a good signing but i believe he signed with them a 2 year deal didnt he?
He only signed a one year deal at Warrington. He thought he would get offers from NRL clubs so didn't want to tie himself down!
His best way to the NRL would be to come and play under Powell for two years.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 29 May 2017, 16:58

Looks like widnes performance Friday wasn't a fluke

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 May 2017, 17:01

chesterfieldtiger wrote:Looks like widnes performance Friday wasn't a fluke
On paper, they had a much stronger side out than Friday. I think it was a mere blip on our upwards trajectory.