19 for Friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 19 for Friday

Post by Bolton-tiger » 24 May 2017, 13:25

Good to Still have a strong team walk out friday,gill and laroyer to miss out for me,would like to see laroyer get his shot but lets see if springer shows his hunger again if in the team

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 24 May 2017, 14:41

Roberts at FB Zak in centres?? Larroyer gets a game.

Or Miniken to centre Joel or the wIng with Roberts on the bench??

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 May 2017, 14:44

Riggins wrote:Roberts at FB Zak in centres?? Larroyer gets a game.

Miniken to centre Joel on the wIng
Robert to 6

Gill and Holmes to miss out

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 24 May 2017, 15:15

fords wrote:
Riggins wrote:Roberts at FB Zak in centres?? Larroyer gets a game.

Miniken to centre Joel on the wIng
Robert to 6

Gill and Holmes to miss out
Holmes will play.

Zak was jabbed up last week, so may get a rest. Which could result in Benny at FB. If not I guess we will see Benny on the bench.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 24 May 2017, 17:00

Roberts 20 minute stint from bench again. Larroyer will play I think. Gills last chance to get a game this season barring injuries I would say.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 May 2017, 17:47

Be really interesting to see how DP goes for this. He may rest a few for Leigh in order to see that as the more dangerous game especially at LSV.

Would anyone feel this could be a realistic side?

Eden
Monaghan
Minikin
Shenton
Gill
Holmes
Gale
Lynch
McShane
Springer
Larroyer
McMeeken
Milner

Cook
Sene-Lefao
Roberts
Millington

Hardaker and Massey to miss out to rest them. Or Hardaker plays and Eden goes to the wing and Gill misses out.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 24 May 2017, 18:22

HuddsTigers wrote:Be really interesting to see how DP goes for this. He may rest a few for Leigh in order to see that as the more dangerous game especially at LSV.

Would anyone feel this could be a realistic side?

Eden
Monaghan
Minikin
Shenton
Gill
Holmes
Gale
Lynch
McShane
Springer
Larroyer
McMeeken
Milner

Cook
Sene-Lefao
Roberts
Millington

Hardaker and Massey to miss out to rest them. Or Hardaker plays and Eden goes to the wing and Gill misses out.
I posted basically the exact team an hour ago in the other thread. Only difference was I had Massey in for Lynch. Would be my team for sure. Dont risk anyone and rest who is needed as that Widnes side shouldnt trouble us at all.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 24 May 2017, 18:29

I don`t get this "resting players" because of two matches in 4 days. It`s the same for all teams, as at Easter, and also we should not under estimate anyone. How many did Widnes beat us by last season at Cas. If we "rest" to many players we have every chance of losing on Friday.

I

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 May 2017, 18:29

I went for the big bench as I think that if we can tire them out in the first 20, bringing on Millo and the bench for a quick spell should hopefully mean we push on and build up a big score towards half-time.

It means then that Millo, JSL and Lynch can all be spelled for longer in the second half.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 May 2017, 18:33

stuey wrote:I don`t get this "resting players" because of two matches in 4 days. It`s the same for all teams, as at Easter, and also we should not under estimate anyone. How many did Widnes beat us by last season at Cas. If we "rest" to many players we have every chance of losing on Friday.

I
It is, but Widnes, without disrespecting them, are missing 14 players and are currently sat at the bottom of the league.

I'd be confident that even missing 5/6 of our first teamers, we should still be able to get some sort of result. And on paper, I'd say the away game (where our form hasn't been as good) at Leigh, will be a tougher game and require more of our main players.

Completely different team to the one we lost against last season (7 players out from that side/no longer play for them).

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 24 May 2017, 20:06

Id play our strongest side thats fit to play simple
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 24 May 2017, 22:12

Gill and Roberts to miss out.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 24 May 2017, 22:45

stuey wrote:I don`t get this "resting players" because of two matches in 4 days.
I
Thank god you're not a rugby coach.

It isn't just about putting tired bodies out 3 days later. It's about putting slightly broken bodies out and making them more broken.

Its not just about this weekend, its about the next 5 months to October- we need to rotate players and avoid letting niggles become injuries.

Personally I'd use this weekend to give our squad players a run out and rest anyone who's carrying slight injuries.

Not out of disrespect for Widnes or Leigh, but in acknowledgement that no trophies are handed out in May.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 24 May 2017, 23:01

Squaddie86 wrote:
stuey wrote:I don`t get this "resting players" because of two matches in 4 days.
I
Thank god you're not a rugby coach.

It isn't just about putting tired bodies out 3 days later. It's about putting slightly broken bodies out and making them more broken.

Its not just about this weekend, its about the next 5 months to October- we need to rotate players and avoid letting niggles become injuries.

Personally I'd use this weekend to give our squad players a run out and rest anyone who's carrying slight injuries.

Not out of disrespect for Widnes or Leigh, but in acknowledgement that no trophies are handed out in May.
This.

Plus it aint 4 days. Its 2 and half days. Which is a hell of a lot for a body to go through at the level these guys play at.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 24 May 2017, 23:04

stuey wrote:I don`t get this "resting players" because of two matches in 4 days. It`s the same for all teams, as at Easter, and also we should not under estimate anyone. How many did Widnes beat us by last season at Cas. If we "rest" to many players we have every chance of losing on Friday.

I
Most teams rest players during these times. Look at the Widnes squad on Friday. 14 players out and not 1 recognised halfback playing. Dennis Betts said himself he has eyes on the next 2 home games. Sure enough when his squad is announced he has basically rested most of his first squad.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 May 2017, 04:51

Normy-Tiger wrote:

I
Most teams rest players during these times. Look at the Widnes squad on Friday. 14 players out and not 1 recognised halfback playing. Dennis Betts said himself he has eyes on the next 2 home games. Sure enough when his squad is announced he has basically rested most of his first squad.
I'm sure Widnes is more to do with injuries than resting players.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 25 May 2017, 06:36

Fumper27 wrote:
Normy-Tiger wrote:

I
I'm sure Widnes is more to do with injuries than resting players.
Quite a few are yes but not all. Just go on the Widnes board and take a look. They are all saying how unfit there team must be for so many to be 'rested'.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 May 2017, 11:49

We ought to have used this game to rest

Webster
McMeeken
Roberts
Moors

I'd wrap Roberts in cotton wool until the hull cup game if I'm honest! I know realistically you can't, but still, it's vital he l,abs in that game with Gale. He's a match winner.
Audacter Et Sincere

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 25 May 2017, 12:19

Mysterio wrote:We ought to have used this game to rest

Webster
McMeeken
Roberts
Moors

I'd wrap Roberts in cotton wool until the hull cup game if I'm honest! I know realistically you can't, but still, it's vital he l,abs in that game with Gale. He's a match winner.
Webster & Moors are not in 19 .............

No guarantee Roberts or Mcmeeken will even play yet