Hudds v Saints Bank Holiday Monday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Re: Hudds v Saints Bank Holiday Monday

Post by speedy » 23 May 2017, 20:58

get another security company, easy

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 May 2017, 21:01

speedy wrote:get another security company, easy
Not quite.
Senior members of safety teams have to be trained within the stadium they are responsible for keeping safe, including during live events, before they can take overall responsibility.
To be honest, with yesterday's events I'm surprised anyone is willing to compromise spectator safety.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by speedy » 23 May 2017, 21:05

what you on about, who is saying compromise safety,, get of your high horse, so every football teams security teams in Yorkshire aren't available,, that's bull [REMOVED]

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 May 2017, 21:17

speedy wrote:what you on about, who is saying compromise safety,, get of your high horse, so every football teams security teams in Yorkshire aren't available,, that's bull [REMOVED]
As above.
Supervisors should be trained into the ground they are responsible for supervising.
If some nutjob plants an explosive in some hidden corner of the ground, imagine the reaction if those in charge of safety had never been trained to search said stadium and miss it.
It's not getting on a high horse. It's wanting to keep everyone as safe as possible.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by speedy » 23 May 2017, 21:23

what ever....

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 May 2017, 21:37

speedy wrote:what ever....
Ah, the traditional response of a teenager who has realised he doesn't know as much as he thinks.
I bet you have slammed a door too!

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 23 May 2017, 22:12

So why not play the game at another venue???

Its crazy meets crazy.........and totally ridiculous that they have given this absolutely no thought to the advantage this gives.

i understand the security issue but that is a P Poor excuse ... get them to play at osset RLFC ground ... it will accomodate the supporters...anyone with 1 ounce of sense would see the injustice in this...oh I forgot these are the same people that thought an international in the middle of the season...was a great idea.....I emailed the RFL to ask the person who made this call ... why.... I got the reply earlier tonight.

Dear init

Thank you for your question, in reply it appears the officially issued brain cell was in use by the Referees depatment at the time and we couldnt borrow it back as Steve said they were using it to teach James Child the basics of standing in the in goal area and making a decision without refering everything to the video ref.

Hence all 6 of us got together and played rock,scissor, paper and the winner got to make the decision...I can assure you this was all done in a fair and equal manner after ralph had taught us how to play.

by the way Ralph won apparently his full house beat my two pair, hope this clears everything up for you -

I guess you get the point............................

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 24 May 2017, 09:42

First, if as been suggested, that supporter safety is likely to be compromised then of course the game should be postponed.

Second, there's some right moaning sods on here "waa, they'll have had a longer rest than us, waa" bloody hell.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 May 2017, 12:35

WF10 wrote:First, if as been suggested, that supporter safety is likely to be compromised then of course the game should be postponed.

Second, there's some right moaning sods on here "waa, they'll have had a longer rest than us, waa" bloody hell.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Honest to God, some on here would moan if they'd won £10 mill on the Euro lottery, "it's so unfair, it wa £100 mill last weeK!"
Spreading the Cas gene pool

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 24 May 2017, 13:49

So they have rearranged the game,so St Helen's get a longer break.
Daryl is rotating the squad against two teams who no disrespect should pose few problems.As for Saint's l cannot see them relishing a return to The Jungle new coach or not.
We should beat them and they will have no excuses.
Whether it's Red Hall's incompetence,security issues or just Hudds and Saints playing the system the outcome will be the same.
We must stop adopting this small club mentality of their all out to get us.
We are top of the league ,raising our profile and that of Rugby League.
The media coverage we are receiving is greater than any l can remember.
(I do have a very short memory)
What was l saying oh.yes.
Cas will beat Saint's in fact tempting fate can we go from now until the end of the season with losing again?
I think we can.
COYF

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 May 2017, 14:47

casjunction wrote:So they have rearranged the game,so St Helen's get a longer break.
Daryl is rotating the squad against two teams who no disrespect should pose few problems.As for Saint's l cannot see them relishing a return to The Jungle new coach or not.
We should beat them and they will have no excuses.
Whether it's Red Hall's incompetence,security issues or just Hudds and Saints playing the system the outcome will be the same.
We are top of the league ,raising our profile and that of Rugby League.
The media coverage we are receiving is greater than any l can remember.
(I do have a very short memory)
What was l saying oh.yes.
Cas will beat Saint's in fact tempting fate can we go from now until the end of the season with losing again?
I think we can.
COYF
Be nice if we could (every chance) but thats a big ask

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 25 May 2017, 14:34

If these decisions are being made they should consider allowing the teams stuck with this ridiculous backlog extra interchanges. Maybe they should have a 19 man bench not 17. And when Warrington play Huddersfield and we play saints this should still apply. They can play with 17 we have 19 with more interchanges. Level it out a bit .
However if we do beat saints after such a week. We have an excuse, wonder what theirs maybe ?? Lol

stevieP
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieP » 25 May 2017, 14:48

casjunction wrote:
Nothing to do with their all out to get us, all to do with fairness and a level playing field. Would have said the same whoever Huddersfield or St Helens were due to play the following weekend.

OffBeatRL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by OffBeatRL » 25 May 2017, 15:32

Dazzyb wrote:If these decisions are being made they should consider allowing the teams stuck with this ridiculous backlog extra interchanges. Maybe they should have a 19 man bench not 17. And when Warrington play Huddersfield and we play saints this should still apply. They can play with 17 we have 19 with more interchanges. Level it out a bit .
However if we do beat saints after such a week. We have an excuse, wonder what theirs maybe ?? Lol
Actually, I quite like this. For the two games over Easter, and any subsequent Easter 'style' weekends, maybe allow a 6 man bench & 14 substitutions through the game. Could ease some of the pressure on the team, and allow for better rotation through the game.

Interesting one.

stevieP
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieP » 25 May 2017, 15:39

Daryl's not happy about it either. Says it's a shocking decision in an interview on Radio Yorkshire.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 25 May 2017, 16:40

Saints will be raring to go after a 10 day break. This is why we have to rest a few tomorrow night.

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Post by dj nelly » 26 May 2017, 17:02

Normy-Tiger wrote:Saints will be raring to go after a 10 day break. This is why we have to rest a few tomorrow night.
Could also be said they maybe a tad rusty without a game for 10 days

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 30 May 2017, 18:00

this game should have been played at st helens & huddersfield should not have been allowed to get out of it.

its not that long ago they played their home matches at the shay because of ground works at the galpharm & when we played them there huddersfield chose to use their away kit when they were technically at home, we got fined for not taking the right kit & had to borrow a halifax strip. huddersfield just do what they want. rant over :roll:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 May 2017, 18:06

yorky wrote:this game should have been played at st helens & huddersfield should not have been allowed to get out of it.

its not that long ago they played their home matches at the shay because of ground works at the galpharm & when we played them there huddersfield chose to use their away kit when they were technically at home, we got fined for not taking the right kit & had to borrow a halifax strip. huddersfield just do what they want. rant over :roll:
We were actually in the wrong for the Halifax debacle. The RFL had sent us a couple of emails directing us that we were wearing the other kit and that wasn't relayed down.

We also failed to take both kits as directed in the RFL rules.

Also, they can't play the game at St Helens, as they've already played each other there. The only sensible decision would have been to play Thursday/Sunday
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 30 May 2017, 18:15

HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:this game should have been played at st helens & huddersfield should not have been allowed to get out of it.

We were actually in the wrong for the Halifax debacle. The RFL had sent us a couple of emails directing us that we were wearing the other kit and that wasn't relayed down.

We also failed to take both kits as directed in the RFL rules.

Also, they can't play the game at St Helens, as they've already played each other there. The only sensible decision would have been to play Thursday/Sunday
ok im wrong on sooo many points & thanks for correcting me, but they SHOULD have been made to play at Sts & forfeit home advantage, every other club in the league is now at a disadvantage because of huddersfield!!