SIGNINGS THIS YEAR

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

SIGNINGS THIS YEAR

Post by classysupercas » 22 May 2017, 14:33

i think the time is right to bring in a couple of signings for this year now. the reason is rangi has gone, douglas no call back,holmes looks like season over. patrick months away from match fitness, hitchcox not played a game yet.our 19 now is stretched to the limit only half way through season. i can only see our injury list getting alot worse with these tired bodys in the coming weeks. and with lynch only making small amount of minutes and who knows when springer is gona do something again you risk undoing what we have achieved so far. think we need a forward and a utility back myself. whats your thoughts fellas?

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: SIGNINGS THIS YEAR

Post by Normy-Tiger » 22 May 2017, 15:01

I agree as long as the money is there. Cant risk future signings for fill in players. Its not a must yet but its nice to have a couple of spare players in the bank.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 22 May 2017, 15:03

Agree with your suggestion only problem where do the club start there search , is there anyone available in the U.K. looks like down under but if and when they must be tried and trusted expierenced players

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 May 2017, 15:13

laner wrote:Agree with your suggestion only problem where do the club start there search , is there anyone available in the U.K. looks like down under but if and when they must be tried and trusted expierenced players
Can I add something else in :

Would you be prepared to release Springer, to bring in a seasoned consistent performer?

I have a gut feeling he's on his way out. Total speculation, but I think he's struggling to meet the standards required of DP. would you swap him for savelio for example...

In terms of another body, I agree. There's usually someone down under who's able to get a release from their deal if they're not getting game time. Could do with another JSL.

Lee Jewitt would be quite handy ATM!
Audacter Et Sincere

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 May 2017, 16:44

I think some have written Springer off far too quickly.
He's only just 24 and plays in a position where players tend to be in their late 20s before they perform at their best.
Can anyone name a younger and better prop in the league?
Savelio not playing at Warrington and they may need to clear some cap space if they want to sign Barba. I'd take him on loan with the potential to sign him permanently.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 May 2017, 17:26

Hitchcox has been playing for Batley but I think it's clear at this moment he's down the pecking order and we have Monaghan and Gill ahead of him by the looks of it.

On Springer, he's a young lad in a new culture and he's still very much getting used to it probably. This is a tough league and this is the state of the club at the moment - players have to perform to get in the team and that's the beauty of competition. I do think to an extent that he's been scapegoated at times a little bit (that's just my opinion) - he's come on for 10 min spells usually when we're on the back foot and defence is still very much work in progress for him. I do trust DP's judgement at the same time, though.

We also have Larroyer who's in the squad and given we have McMeeken, Moors, Foster, JSL who can play back-row, and obviously Patrick and Holmes when fit, it will be interesting to see how he slots into our plans too.

Got a feeling that Hitchcox, Larroyer will go at the end of the year, along with Monaghan and possibly Lynch.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 22 May 2017, 18:00

Here's a thought
Speculation and another angle of looking at the situation

Gadwin is a dry track player and obviously used to warm weather. Would DP be keeping him back to use him as a "fresh signing" so to speak (perhaps the catalyst will be this weekend)
So along with Larne Patrick we have two fresh sets of legs in the engine room going into the main mix up?
Just a different look at why he's not used him.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 22 May 2017, 18:39

I hope the fans don't expect to much from Patrick he's been out a long time and would give Springer more time but still hope to add a prop then make the decision on Springer also hope adding a utility player to the backline,clever go ahead teams that have been in a similar position that Cas are in now have done this resulting in adding of trophies

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 May 2017, 20:51

classysupercas wrote:i think the time is right to bring in a couple of signings for this year now. the reason is rangi has gone, douglas no call back,holmes looks like season over. patrick months away from match fitness, hitchcox not played a game yet.our 19 now is stretched to the limit only half way through season. i can only see our injury list getting alot worse with these tired bodys in the coming weeks. and with lynch only making small amount of minutes and who knows when springer is gona do something again you risk undoing what we have achieved so far. think we need a forward and a utility back myself. whats your thoughts fellas?
lets look where we are

Robert - no eta
Patrick - no eta (June/July speculation)
O.Holmes - No idea or eta
Monaghan - No idea or eta

Chase - Gone
Should have some cash spare surely.

You would expect over the weekend Springer & Larroyer to get a game to freshen things up.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 May 2017, 21:08

What's happened with Will Maher ? Have I missed something on him ?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 May 2017, 21:46

CasRus wrote:What's happened with Will Maher ? Have I missed something on him ?
Out on load still but can be recalled if need be, so thats another player we can use

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 May 2017, 10:00

I'd expect to see Maher, Larroyer foster springer over the next 2 games. Maybe even gill. That's 5 changes available just where you need them, in the pack.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 May 2017, 12:42

Technically it will be 4 as Foster played v Leeds ;)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!