Do we need to sign anybody ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Do we need to sign anybody ?

Post by WallTiger » 18 May 2017, 08:54

Haven't gone through all the posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned but what about Ben Jones-Bishop from Wakey? I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season although rumours Hull are after him but Wakey have offered a contract that would make him their highest earner.

Would be excellent replacement for Monners and seems to be back to his best now he's back in W Yorks. If Hull rumours are true then no doubt would be very tempting for him but he does seem to like being near home and presume would know Powell from his Leeds days coming through the system?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 May 2017, 08:59

WallTiger wrote:Haven't gone through all the posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned but what about Ben Jones-Bishop from Wakey? I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season although rumours Hull are after him but Wakey have offered a contract that would make him their highest earner.

Would be excellent replacement for Monners and seems to be back to his best now he's back in W Yorks. If Hull rumours are true then no doubt would be very tempting for him but he does seem to like being near home and presume would know Powell from his Leeds days coming through the system?
I'd take Jones-Bishop but not if he wants too much money. We have Minikin and Eden who are both better. However, BJB can play on either wing and at ful-back so would give us some very good cover.
I suspect he will go to Hull FC. They need at least one winger next year so will be willing to pay more than us.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 18 May 2017, 09:01

I wouldnt mind another hooker to spell Mcshane , and play milner at Loose permanantly .

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 May 2017, 10:03

Fumper27 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Taylor at hull, kopczak at Salford

They'd be targets but I can't see either leaving or being allowed to.
Kopczak has just signed a long term deal at Salford
Taylor is on a contract at hull but certainly 2 which would take us forward.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 18 May 2017, 10:08

init wrote:if it was possible I would go for Ikahihifo at Hudds - makes a ton of yards for a prop and is the top in tackle busts.

and playing in a really poor team at that.

Dont know when his contract is up but signed in may 2016 and would guess a 2 year so may be up at the end of this campaign.
Didn't rate him at the start, but remember do gone posting on here that he would be a star. Its taken him a while but hee looking like class now. Love Murdoch-massila at Salford as well.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 18 May 2017, 10:10

nottinghamtiger wrote:
WallTiger wrote:Haven't gone through all the posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned but what about Ben Jones-Bishop from Wakey? I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season although rumours Hull are after him but Wakey have offered a contract that would make him their highest earner.

I'd take Jones-Bishop but not if he wants too much money. We have Minikin and Eden who are both better. However, BJB can play on either wing and at ful-back so would give us some very good cover.
I suspect he will go to Hull FC. They need at least one winger next year so will be willing to pay more than us.
I wanted him to be our fullback, prior to signing zak, as he's got pace and can catch. I don't think he'd want to come to us and be cover.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 18 May 2017, 12:11

I was thinking more he would be a starting winger with Minikin moving into his preferred centre position. Obviously not sure what's happening with Crooks though. Also he would provide cover at fullback and IMO a better option than Eden especially under the high ball.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 18 May 2017, 12:25

BJB would be a smart move. A very competent back three player and bags of pace
Would be good for rotation purposes along with inevitable knocks niggles and injuries

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 May 2017, 13:41

WallTiger wrote:I was thinking more he would be a starting winger with Minikin moving into his preferred centre position. Obviously not sure what's happening with Crooks though. Also he would provide cover at fullback and IMO a better option than Eden especially under the high ball.
But this would mean one of Shenton or Webster not playing.

I have to say, I'm not sure Minikin is big enough to be a top centre. As a winger, his kick-returns are fantastic and he has pace to burn. I would leave him on the wing long-term.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 18 May 2017, 13:51

Agree about BJB , Taylor and Kopzcak but players like Murdoch Masila and Fifita are best used as impact players . Signing one of them would mean a bench of Moors , a hooker , Cook .
Teams need props to do big minutes and havent got the luxury of having two 20 minute forwards .

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 May 2017, 14:24

nottinghamtiger wrote:
WallTiger wrote:I was thinking more he would be a starting winger with Minikin moving into his preferred centre position. Obviously not sure what's happening with Crooks though. Also he would provide cover at fullback and IMO a better option than Eden especially under the high ball.
But this would mean one of Shenton or Webster not playing.

I have to say, I'm not sure Minikin is big enough to be a top centre. As a winger, his kick-returns are fantastic and he has pace to burn. I would leave him on the wing long-term.

Agree notts.
Why change something that isn't broken.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 May 2017, 15:53

mart0042 wrote:
init wrote:if it was possible I would go for Ikahihifo at Hudds - makes a ton of yards for a prop and is the top in tackle busts.

Dont know when his contract is up but signed in may 2016 and would guess a 2 year so may be up at the end of this campaign.
Didn't rate him at the start, but remember do gone posting on here that he would be a star. Its taken him a while but hee looking like class now. Love Murdoch-massila at Salford as well.
Was me mate. I knew from the very first 20 mins of watching him that he has everything.
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 19 May 2017, 09:59

Mysterio wrote:
mart0042 wrote:

Was me mate. I knew from the very first 20 mins of watching him that he has everything.
He's looked world class recently. Especially in a poor side. Well spotted. I didn't see it, I'd heard good things about Mamo and he's looking class as Well.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 19 May 2017, 10:03

takethetwo wrote:Agree about BJB , Taylor and Kopzcak but players like Murdoch Masila and Fifita are best used as impact players . Signing one of them would mean a bench of Moors , a hooker , Cook .
Teams need props to do big minutes and havent got the luxury of having two 20 minute forwards .
The thing is we have a group of forwards that can pay long minutes, Millo, moors, lafeo, Milner, mcmeeken have all done 80, lynch up to 60 this year. An impact player might just send us over the top.