19 for hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Stadium Update

Post by Normy-Tiger » 28 Mar 2017, 09:29

Hope not. Summer Sunday afternoons will be great up there. Xscape with the family - attact more away fans too I believe.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 09:34

gateman wrote:When the new stadium is built, I think we will play all our matches on a Thursday or Friday night, there should be loads of spare parking spaces at junction 32 and BQ I am sure these could be made into pay car parks on match nights , it would be a nice little earner for any of the firms that own them

Tbf gateman, even on an evening time it's packed up at xscape.
I go to the cinema on an evening and it's hard to find a parking space.
Maybe junction 32 car park could be used. Just a thought.
Though does the barrier come down around 10pm on that car park.....not sure.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Mar 2017, 09:39

I too have dropped my grandkids of at the escape as you say its always full , my idea was the shopping outlet and BQ a lot of spare capacity there £5 a car I wish I owned them

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Mar 2017, 09:39

I too have dropped my grandkids of at the escape as you say its always full , my idea was the shopping outlet and BQ a lot of spare capacity there £5 a car I wish I owned them

Craigy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Craigy B » 28 Mar 2017, 10:07

The X scape overflow car park behind the train station is almost always empty. Maybe the club could strike a deal to use it for match day parking

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 28 Mar 2017, 10:07

Just another thing to note for anyone who is a bit skeptical about the stadium happening - £13 million has already been spent on the 5 towns park project.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 10:11

Craigy B wrote:The X scape overflow car park behind the train station is almost always empty. Maybe the club could strike a deal to use it for match day parking

Didn't even know that was there.
Also there is a lot of spare ground close to that car park, maybe make it even and use that.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 28 Mar 2017, 10:13

HuddsTigers wrote:New ground will have easy access to a train station, walking distance from Ponte, regular bus services out to Knottingley and Cas. There will also be a shuttle bus from Cas to the ground.

In reality, the only people who will need to drive are those who work and will drive straight to games, corporate hospitality, elderly and disabled and those who live far away.

The vast majority of local people will be in close proximity to some form of public transport to get them there.
Yea right Hudd in your dreams. You and everyone knows it will be a traffic nightmare.

I hope they are building a footbridge from the station ...........you are not suggesting they walk over the 8 lanes of traffic?

Robbo
Truth is always best !

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 28 Mar 2017, 10:15

The buses could drop off at the rear of the ground away from the main road entrance to help with congestion.

Lots of options to look at and plenty of time.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 28 Mar 2017, 10:20

old cas lass wrote:
gateman wrote:When the new stadium is built, I think we will play all our matches on a Thursday or Friday night, there should be loads of spare parking spaces at junction 32 and BQ I am sure these could be made into pay car parks on match nights , it would be a nice little earner for any of the firms that own them

How you going to cross that road?
Truth is always best !

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 10:25

Robbo wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

How you going to cross that road?
Good point robbo.

Either a tunnel under the road, which will put extra cost on the project.
Or a bridge.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 28 Mar 2017, 10:26

Isn't there already a pedestrian crossing from J32/Xscape towards Stainburn/the stadium?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Mar 2017, 10:30

You have to take your life in your hands to get across park road as it is theres going to be serious congestion match days..we just have to find ways around the problems we need that new ground
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Craigy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Craigy B » 28 Mar 2017, 10:42

It's easy. Park in xscape, freeport or B&Q. Over to xscape for a drink. Up to the singing chocker for one, on to the George V. Up to the Royal Oak. Across the road at the crossing then back down the other side stopping in the Malt Shovel, Glasshoughton, and Star on the way back down

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 10:45

Craigy B wrote:It's easy. Park in xscape, freeport or B&Q. Over to xscape for a drink. Up to the singing chocker for one, on to the George V. Up to the Royal Oak. Across the road at the crossing then back down the other side stopping in the Malt Shovel, Glasshoughton, and Star on the way back down

Like your style Craigy B :D

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 28 Mar 2017, 12:17

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 28 Mar 2017, 12:38

TheSheriff wrote:Isn't there already a pedestrian crossing from J32/Xscape towards Stainburn/the stadium?
There is mate yes. However one or two pedestrians crossing isn't the same as hundreds if not thousands of fans having a walk up.

On another note
Just think what good Friday will be like.
Xcsape packed
Freeport packed
Derby game

Fun and games....

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 28 Mar 2017, 12:47

Hudds,

I didn't say no one would use public transport but as I work in the travel industry I know full well that by and large the general public are not enthused by it. Take the point made by OCL, most will be in walking of a bus route distance but its a chore when you can just sit quite comfortably in a car.

I'll PM you with more detail.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 28 Mar 2017, 14:33

fast hands wrote:Sympathise with you Exiled, and having to go for a drink 20 minutes before half-time. Pity you missed some great rugby.
I lived in Amsterdam for a few years and used to go watch Ajax, the Arena had great facilities, however they also used to have people walk around the ground with Heineken/Amstel backpacks on so you could get a drink without moving. Do not know if it would be allowed in the UK, but it is a great idea and could help cut the congestion. :D

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 28 Mar 2017, 14:35

Exiled wrote:
fast hands wrote:Sympathise with you Exiled, and having to go for a drink 20 minutes before half-time. Pity you missed some great rugby.
I lived in Amsterdam for a few years and used to go watch Ajax, the Arena had great facilities, however they also used to have people walk around the ground with Heineken/Amstel backpacks on so you could get a drink without moving. Do not know if it would be allowed in the UK, but it is a great idea and could help cut the congestion. :D
How much for a backpack of Amstel? :D :D