19 for hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Stadium Update

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2016, 17:49

For those that wanted a stadium update:

Wakefield Council will hear the application to change some of the planning conditions relating to the retail part of the scheme.

This is due to be heard on Thursday with a recommendation to approve the application.

A number of other applications have also been submitted to discharge a lot of the planning conditions from the Outline application.

Providing it does get passed, this will hopefully expedite the next stage of the process.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Stadium Update

Post by old cas lass » 27 Sep 2016, 17:51

HuddsTigers wrote:For those that wanted a stadium update:

Wakefield Council will hear the application to change some of the planning conditions relating to the retail part of the scheme.

This is due to be heard on Thursday with a recommendation to approve the application.

A number of other applications have also been submitted to discharge a lot of the planning conditions from the Outline application.

Providing it does get passed, this will hopefully expedite the next stage of the process.

So there's another stage after this one. Heck.
It seems to go on and on and on and...............on.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2016, 17:55

old cas lass wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:For those that wanted a stadium update:

So there's another stage after this one. Heck.
It seems to go on and on and on and...............on.
This application is to alter the retail element of the site. The market conditions have changed and large supermarkets are no longer building big stores. As such, they are removing this and increasing the retail offering.

It is understandable and is necessary to be able to facilitate a stadium build.

The next stage after this is full planning permission. Much of the groundworks can take place during the outline phase.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 27 Sep 2016, 18:06

Earlier in the year the club said they and the developer would be in touch with fans over the summer to discuss some of the things we would like to see incorporated and the we would be ready for an October start.

Summer's been and and gone and we've heard nothing. I can only take that to mean things have slipped again, but as there's been no update, we can only guess as to what the length of the latest delay will be.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2016, 18:14

The developers previously submitted an application earlier in the year, which required amendment.

The plan is to start on site in the Autumn. Timings very rarely go to plan and are often in control of the local council.

Moreover, the club is not in a position to communicate anything until Lateral advise them to. Lateral are paying for it, therefore, we are dictated to by them. I believe the club has been collaborating with Lateral, however, as to what is included.

I would expect one this application is passed that a full planning application will swiftly follow; they won't have been sat on their backsides all summer. Lateral are very on the ball.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 27 Sep 2016, 18:15

Nu Shooze wrote:Earlier in the year the club said they and the developer would be in touch with fans over the summer to discuss some of the things we would like to see incorporated and the we would be ready for an October start.

Summer's been and and gone and we've heard nothing. I can only take that to mean things have slipped again, but as there's been no update, we can only guess as to what the length of the latest delay will be.
youare100percent correct i for one cant see this ground getting built it will just drag on n on so will be at the old ground for yrs n yrs to come .im 38 i cant see it ever been built in my life time .always said a new ground is just a pipe dream

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 27 Sep 2016, 18:47

onetiger wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:Earlier in the year the club said they and the developer would be in touch with fans over the summer to discuss some of the things we would like to see incorporated and the we would be ready for an October start.

youare100percent correct i for one cant see this ground getting built it will just drag on n on so will be at the old ground for yrs n yrs to come .im 38 i cant see it ever been built in my life time .always said a new ground is just a pipe dream
I'm still fairly confident it will happen. There has been a lot of money spent to get to this stage and there are people involved who have a vested interest in it getting built. I can do without regular updates as things do take time and some delay is inevitable, it's the promising to do something and then not, without explanation, which I find frustrating.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 27 Sep 2016, 20:24

onetiger wrote:

Keep the faith - it's happening.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Sep 2016, 23:53

i passed the site several times last week and every day there seems to be more and more activity. last monday afternoon it was swarming with workers despite heavy rain wihch would suggest they are on a schedule. i'm confident its happening.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 28 Sep 2016, 07:57

they are archeologists thats all.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Sep 2016, 09:42

Yes but presumably until they have reported nothing else can happen and they would only be on site if the intention was to do something afterwards. I expect they are being paid

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 28 Sep 2016, 10:20

classysupercas wrote:they are archeologists thats all.
GMI Construction must employ a lot of archeologists.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Sep 2016, 10:25

And they are using a JCB not a paintbrush!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Oct 2016, 18:04

Some further updates for everyone:

*I understand the proposed changes to the conditions were passed by WMDC meaning that Lateral are able to remove the supermarket element and increase the retail offering

*They've also submitted a further application today to re-discharge a condition about the phasing of the development. As such, some further details have come to light that is:

1) Full development anticipated to be completed and open by Spring 2020
2) Enabling works to begin in April with permanent drainage to be installed around Week 10 (June 2017)
3) Reserved Matters application for Site Wide Enabling Works anticipated to be submitted in December 2016
4) Reserved Matters application for Highway Infrastructure also expected to be submitted December 2016
5) Reserved Matters for external works and landscaping to country park and detailed landscaping in other areas to follow in Spring 2017

There is no date for when Phase 3 (The stadium) will be submitted but I would expect it would succeed the Phase 1 Reserved Matters application in 2017. However, I cannot give a timeframe or date and I would expect Lateral will provide more information as and when the time is right.

Reserved Matters for those that don't know will be a detailed design of the stadium and the external areas, the sizes, what's going where and so on. It's more of a formality than the outline planning permission already secured.

Lateral have mentioned in their documentation that following this process will enable 'more detailed consideration of the design of the buildings on site', as well as consultation with Wakefield Council and the public in these matters.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 05 Oct 2016, 18:14

Thanks for the up date

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 05 Oct 2016, 18:28

thanks for the updates.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 05 Oct 2016, 18:32

What happens if lateral go bust?
Audacter Et Sincere

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 05 Oct 2016, 18:57

Thanks for the update..

dannyboy1036
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dannyboy1036 » 05 Oct 2016, 19:05

Current programme has the stadium complete summer 2019. So probably in for the 2020 season.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Oct 2016, 19:36

i hope they hurry up I have reached the grand old age of 77 I bought two bricks hoping to take my granddaughters whose names are on them to the first match when the stadium was opened, I do hope the sands of time don't run out before this happens