19 for hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Stadium Update

Post by Nu Shooze » 09 Oct 2016, 16:04

Dez wrote:
onetiger wrote:icant see a billion pound compny going bust ---i still say we willnot end up getting the ground
These companies aren't billion pound companies they run on cash flow. The site finances it self and until all the units are full nothing will happen.
Whilst there is a desired level of take-up before the work starts, it is nowhere near 100%.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 09 Oct 2016, 19:13

gateman wrote:I cant understand the negativity of some of the posts Re what IF THE COMPANY GOES BUST you can say that about any company in the land if you don't have evidence that the company is in financial trouble why post such a statement ??

The negativity is simple - we were told years ago there'd be a stadium. There were even signs up by xscape "future home of the castleford tigers".

Why should people get excited now?

I refuse to get my hopes up til I'm stood in the new ground sipping a pint watching rugby.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Oct 2016, 19:26

Well one key factor is Richard Wright isn't dealing with anything so every cloud....

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Oct 2016, 08:48

it would be nice to have a statement from either the club or lateral on the project , but as I rode by on the M62 on Friday there were a number of machines working so things must be moving in the right direction

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Oct 2016, 12:49

Mysterio wrote:What happens if lateral go bust, or have cash flow issues?
It isn't being funded by Lateral first and foremost. It is being funded by capital investment. There is a letter from Cushman and Wakefield, who are acting as real estate advisors and to act as their funding advisor.

http://www.cushmanwakefield.co.uk/en-gb ... al-estate/

This is what they say:

"After several months of discussions we are now in negotiations with a major Pension Fund, for them to forward fund
the entire project cost and I am confident we will be exchanging a funding transaction by the calendar year end."

This was based on the premise of the conditions being changed, which they have.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Oct 2016, 12:51

gateman wrote:it would be nice to have a statement from either the club or lateral on the project , but as I rode by on the M62 on Friday there were a number of machines working so things must be moving in the right direction
The project in reality has little to do with Cas. They won't comment unless Lateral tell them to. There has been significant movement in terms of conditions being discharged or applications to discharge them.

As these are passsed, things will start progressing. I expect there will be an announcement sooner rather than later about Lateral meeting to show off full stadium images and designs. I also believe the club has been in close discussions with them about getting more providing in the stadium.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 10 Oct 2016, 13:01

Hi Huddstiger, could you elaborate on this sentence ie does it mean better facilities within the stadium design etc?
I also believe the club has been in close discussions with them about getting more providing in the stadium.

Terry180241
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Terry180241 » 11 Oct 2016, 17:45

gateman wrote:i hope they hurry up I have reached the grand old age of 77 I bought two bricks hoping to take my granddaughters whose names are on them to the first match when the stadium was opened, I do hope the sands of time don't run out before this happens

Like you I am 75 and have supported Castleford since 1960 and I want to go with my Children And Granddaughter to the first match in the new Stadium.
T.W.H.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Oct 2016, 19:33

Terry, lets hope we last long enough to see the new stadium we have both been supporting Cas over the many years its been a rollercoaster the ups and downs of our great club, coming from Normanton I could have easily have chosen Wakefield or Featherstone to follow when I first started watching the game as both clubs were performing better than Cas I am sure glad I didn't

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Oct 2016, 17:29

Some more news:

The amendment to the planning application has not been called in by the Secretary of State, which means it can be formally ratified.

A couple more applications for conditions to be discharged have been decided and have been successful too.

I'm sure we'll see some further movement in the coming weeks now. Will keep you all posted.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Oct 2016, 17:34

Also just to confirm that the application was approved by the council and the minutes can be found here: http://mg.wakefield.gov.uk/documents/s8 ... .09.16.pdf

As per the original consent:

"the retail park shall not be opened for trade until construction of the community
stadium has been completed and has been offered for freehold transfer to Castleford
Tigers Rugby Club. "

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 19 Oct 2016, 17:46

thanks for the updates, great news. :clap:

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 19 Oct 2016, 19:39

if the news keeps coming outand its good i will have to eat my wordsabout us not getting a new ground
but fornow i will stick to it untill in standing there watching the team play

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Oct 2016, 20:15

Thank you HuddsTigers. Great news.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Oct 2016, 12:03

Thanks for the update. Had nicely quashed the fear of the ground is only being built after the units.

Great work.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Oct 2016, 12:39

mart0042 wrote:Thanks for the update. Had nicely quashed the fear of the ground is only being built after the units.

Great work.

No, the council learned from the ill-fated Newmarket development.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Oct 2016, 12:49

"the retail park shall not be opened for trade until construction of the community
stadium has been completed and has been offered for freehold transfer to Castleford
Tigers Rugby Club. "
Technically that doesn't say the ground has to be built first, just that none of the units can be opened for trade before the stadium is ready. Whilst it's unlikely that they would build the units and just leave them for 18 months i'd say there's a good chance that rather than just the stadium going up the whole thing will be built around the same time meaning that the build time for the stadium may be a little longer than planned. It would though mean less disruption once completed.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Oct 2016, 12:53

The phasing plan has already been submitted. The stadium is phase 3

Phase 1 is the platform and road infrastructure
Phase 2 is the country park
Phase 3 is the stadium
Phase 4 is the retail element.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 20 Oct 2016, 17:14

Thanks for the update Hudds , great news once again, :dance:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 31 Oct 2016, 09:45

For those seeing the headline on the front of League Express this morning, there's hardly anything new to report other than what I've posted in this thread.

The 'delay' is due to the fact that Lateral wanted to alter the planning application to remove the supermarket element. If you remember back to the beginning of the year, this was withdrawn due to WMDC not being happy with it. Had it been signed off then things would have progressed much faster than it has seemed.

Understandably, discussions have since taken place and resulted in the new revised application being submitted a few months back - which is the one that got passed a few weeks ago - and not called in by the SoS.

As such, it had set the original timeframe back by several months (original intention from Lateral was to have started by this Autumn). They have discharged a lot of the conditions in place with the original/revised applications, and as per above, they are now looking to submit a full planning application for the first two phases of the site development in the coming months (road infrastructure/site clearance/country park)

However, with an anticipated stadium build timeframe of 12 months - hopefully beginning sometime next year - this will push it back into the following year should timescales go as they intend to. And I think the club is looking to do a staged moved so moving the off-field element in first and the office staff and getting it kitted out/sorted out, before we move there entirely.