19 for hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: 19 for hudds

Post by fords » 03 May 2017, 21:13

HuddsTigers wrote:Moors is in the pictures with the lads training from today.

Can't be that much of a doubt. ;) :)
Exactly , so no idea where that post on twitter has come from ....

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 May 2017, 06:47

Before ZAC came available we had signed EDEN to replace Dorn at full back , for me this Thursday that's were he should play, Monagan or Gill on the wing,

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 04 May 2017, 12:18

gateman wrote:Before ZAC came available we had signed EDEN to replace Dorn at full back , for me this Thursday that's were he should play, Monagan or Gill on the wing,
Correct - it's fairly simple really - you play the career wingers on the wing and the career full-back at, err, full-back. Not rocket science.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 04 May 2017, 13:57

Flat Capper wrote:
gateman wrote:Before ZAC came available we had signed EDEN to replace Dorn at full back , for me this Thursday that's were he should play, Monagan or Gill on the wing,
Correct - it's fairly simple really - you play the career wingers on the wing and the career full-back at, err, full-back. Not rocket science.
Fairly simple to me too. Try telling our national coach that whose just named Zac as centre! Unbelievable!

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 04 May 2017, 13:59

derbystiger wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
Fairly simple to me too. Try telling our national coach that whose just named Zac as centre! Unbelievable!
I'm sure Eden has been playing on the wing for the last 3 seasons?

Fat Nige

Post by Fat Nige » 04 May 2017, 15:19

TT Tiger wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
I'm sure Eden has been playing on the wing for the last 3 seasons?
I'm sure monaghan has been playing on the wing a lot longer than 3 seasons!
Eden is a winger now, but has plenty of fb experience, unlike monaghan, and as others have pointed out, you need pace to be able to go from side to side attacking from the back, something monaghan unfortunately doesn't possess very much nowadays.
Let Joel play on the wing where he's been very good this season. Eden at fb enables us to play in the same style we have been

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 04 May 2017, 18:53

gona be really tough this one. 3 key men out, i would like to think that we can still overcome them but i have my doubts.i dont think rangi has played a full game this year also. hope eden plays at full back as this is what he was originally signed for, although he has been poor under high balls and i think he will be targeted by broughy.for me it all hangs on eden, monaghan, and chase not having poor games and whoever else is playing halfback tonight. im going with a huddesfield win by 6 unfortunetly. we shouldnt be in this position as well due to the awful timing of a international game, the points would have been nailed on.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 May 2017, 18:55

Does anyone know what is wrong with Benny?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 04 May 2017, 19:01

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Does anyone know what is wrong with Benny?
Groin I think

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 04 May 2017, 19:07

Eden
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Joel
chase
mcshane
Lynch
Milner
millo
jsl
foster
massey

t.holmes
Springer
Cook
Moors
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 04 May 2017, 19:20

If Larroyer didn't realise before tonight he must now know he as no future at the club when he gets over looked for a lad with little SL experiance and who as been injured all year and as no match fitness.
Strange one.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 04 May 2017, 19:58

Roberts injury.. anyone know ote ?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 May 2017, 20:04

Dazzyb wrote:Roberts injury.. anyone know ote ?
Groin injury.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 04 May 2017, 20:19

Thanks m8

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 May 2017, 12:24

takethetwo wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:Leave as much as we can as it is.
Monaghan to come in at full back.
Holmes to play at 7.
Holmes or another forward to replace McMeekan.
Definitely not , a full back not only needs to be able play the position (as in directing the halfbacks and the play he ball ) but also needs the pace to cover the width of the field for the full 80 . With the way we play anyone will score on the wing , like Milner at Catalans last year . Eden must play FB .
No good having the pace if you have no idea where you need to be - as shown last night. It also helps if you can catch the ball, and not throw passes to a stationary winger trapped against the touch line on a kick return!
I'd have more confidence in Minikin at full-back than I do in Eden, but missing Hardaker last night just shows how much he is worth to the team.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 05 May 2017, 12:43

Last night was the win we've all been wanting to see,can we win a tight game,can we win ugly.well we got a resounding yes to both questions some of our own fans have been claiming we couldn't do.
We played in extreme circumstances in which we played much of the game with pretty much 1 half back who without been disrespectful is 5th choice. This is a game we don't need to look too deep into. We won,we won with guts and desire to hang in when the world was against us.hopefully we get 3/4 players all key to our success back next week and we go again.

IMO it wouldn't be the end of the world if we got beat by saints if ever we needed a gimme draw in the cup it was this round but it's not to be and I certainly hope we can win I just think it's a very difficult job to fight on 3 fronts,at some point moors,millington are going to need a break and with another double weekend on the horizon our squads depth is going to be tested.

Great debut from Alex foster his defensive work was superb ,looks like another astute signing.