19 for hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Stadium Update

Post by yorky » 26 Mar 2017, 08:54

I share your sentiments in regards to atmosphere. We can only hope that the new grounds design when built, will allow for another great atmosphere. I do truly believe it is the great supporters we have that make the great atmosphere. Hopefully the new ground will only emphasize that.

Personally, I can't wait to move in to the new ground. We lose so, so much money due to the lack of adequate corporate hospitality. There is nowhere near enough seating in the main stand and on many occasions I have decided not to get food or a drink due to the long queues.

Another big factor for moving - is the location. So many more fans will be encouraged to come to the ground when there is ease of access; close to the motorway and train station, with adequate parking. It makes a massive difference to those coming into Cas from out of town, and also opposition away supporters.
spot on!

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 26 Mar 2017, 13:43

I too hope we are given the keys to a new stadium although it will be too small but beggars can't be choosers, re corporate the management are not selling out what we have at the moment although previous commercial managers did, customers not bothering to get refreshments because of large quest that's Easley put more mobile outlets on with enough staff lots more sales more profit COYF

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 26 Mar 2017, 21:38

Johnlewis1920 wrote:I too hope we are given the keys to a new stadium although it will be too small but beggars can't be choosers, re corporate the management are not selling out what we have at the moment although previous commercial managers did, customers not bothering to get refreshments because of large quest that's Easley put more mobile outlets on with enough staff lots more sales more profit COYF
I went late to the game today in terms of tickets; arrived at the ground at 1.50. The ground was open (said 2pm) and the main stand had sold out (I am an out of towner). Had to stand and due to lack of seats, even though the main stand was full of Paws and Claws and their parents. Not complaining about the Claws they are a great compliment to the club and good for the community. However, it is a great example of how people who need a seat (bad back due to playing the sport) are unable to turn up and get one, due to the poor facilities on offer. Of course if I had pre booked or had a season ticket this could have been avoided - to placate the pedants. * Was lucky enough to stand next to Kev Beardmore and his family for the game made it worthwhile :)

Again, and in specific reference to your post. I missed 20 mins of the game going for a drink just before half time. I thought I had timed it well enough to miss the huge queues, alas no. So long was I the Mrs got worried and texted me. That is how bad it is.

BTW I own a company and I would not entertain those 'corporate boxes' (cabins) for myself, or my clients. The whole commercial set up at Cas is second rate and no wonder that the boxes are not full for each game.It is not the fault of the management, they can only work with what they have.

Roll on the new ground, and a new Cas that will go with it. A club, a team and most of all supporters that truly can take on the Superleague.

COYF

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 26 Mar 2017, 22:34

[/quote]Fingers crossed we are, but I think there are still some of us that will keep clutching at straws to think of ways to stay d'arnt lane. I'm one of them, but deep down know it can't happen. I know times move on, but look at Saints. I used to love the atmosphere at Knowsley Road but even them, with their support base, have failed to recreate it at their new shiny ground. We can go back to the Central Park days at Wigan to say the same. I know we will have to move to a new shiny stadium to keep up with the times, but it doesn't stop me dreaming that I will win the Euromillions and be able to spend 20million of it getting Wheldon Road up to scratch! And, yes, sad as it is, I do have thoughts about that. 20million sat there to create what we want out of Wheldon Road. Meetings with all fans to get their thoughts and a real collaboration between club and fans to deliver what we want. Oh well, I'll wake up now, or did I just have one too many last night?![/quote]

I share your sentiments in regards to atmosphere. We can only hope that the new grounds design when built, will allow for another great atmosphere. I do truly believe it is the great supporters we have that make the great atmosphere. Hopefully the new ground will only emphasize that.

Personally, I can't wait to move in to the new ground. We lose so, so much money due to the lack of adequate corporate hospitality. There is nowhere near enough seating in the main stand and on many occasions I have decided not to get food or a drink due to the long queues.

Another big factor for moving - is the location. So many more fans will be encouraged to come to the ground when there is ease of access; close to the motorway and train station, with adequate parking. It makes a massive difference to those coming into Cas from out of town, and also opposition away supporters.[/quote]

The new ground is desperately needed and will offer many things, but ease of access is not one of them. It will be a total nightmare. It's bad enough now around that junction but add the ground, plus people trying to get to a new shopping complex, all through one access point; gridlock. Needs some serious thinking with regards to transportation for fans.

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 26 Mar 2017, 22:41

The new ground is desperately needed and will offer many things, but ease of access is not one of them. It will be a total nightmare. It's bad enough now around that junction but add the ground, plus people trying to get to a new shopping complex, all through one access point; gridlock. Needs some serious thinking with regards to transportation for fans.
In comparison to the current situation you really think that is worse than what we have? Also, you have just thought of this from a 'get to' point of view. Consider the parking and public transport aspects.

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 27 Mar 2017, 07:04

Exiled wrote:
Johnlewis1920 wrote:I too hope we are given the keys to a new stadium although it will be too small but beggars can't be choosers, re corporate the management are not selling out what we have at the moment although previous commercial managers did, customers not bothering to get refreshments because of large quest that's Easley put more mobile outlets on with enough staff lots more sales more profit COYF
I went late to the game today in terms of tickets; arrived at the ground at 1.50. The ground was open (said 2pm) and the main stand had sold out (I am an out of towner). Had to stand and due to lack of seats, even though the main stand was full of Paws and Claws and their parents. Not complaining about the Claws they are a great compliment to the club and good for the community. However, it is a great example of how people who need a seat (bad back due to playing the sport) are unable to turn up and get one, due to the poor facilities on offer. Of course if I had pre booked or had a season ticket this could have been avoided - to placate the pedants. * Was lucky enough to stand next to Kev Beardmore and his family for the game made it worthwhile :)

Again, and in specific reference to your post. I missed 20 mins of the game going for a drink just before half time. I thought I had timed it well enough to miss the huge queues, alas no. So long was I the Mrs got worried and texted me. That is how bad it is.

BTW I own a company and I would not entertain those 'corporate boxes' (cabins) for myself, or my clients. The whole commercial set up at Cas is second rate and no wonder that the boxes are not full for each game.It is not the fault of the management, they can only work with what they have.

Roll on the new ground, and a new Cas that will go with it. A club, a team and most of all supporters that truly can take on the Superleague.

COYF
I too had friends come to the game yesterday, they too were "out of town", they have always sat in the stand because one has a bad back, they couldn't get in either, didn't blame the club, blamed themselves for not getting tickets beforehand, either over the Internet or asking me to get them.They stood behind the sticks enjoyed the banter with fans, and saw Cas win, the main reason for being there.The club are trying their best under the circumstances, moaning and groaning won't bring the completion of the new ground tomorrow, and it is happening, and from one who had supported the club for a lot of years, travelled to other clubs, "enjoyed their hospitality" take it from me, it's not how many tables you can sell, it's the welcome from Cas that beats any other club.Also re the paws and claws and parents taking seats, the paws and claws do a lot for the club and their parents pay for their seats!! Oh and by the way Cas won yesterday and we are top of the league.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Mar 2017, 07:07

New ground will have easy access to a train station, walking distance from Ponte, regular bus services out to Knottingley and Cas. There will also be a shuttle bus from Cas to the ground.

In reality, the only people who will need to drive are those who work and will drive straight to games, corporate hospitality, elderly and disabled and those who live far away.

The vast majority of local people will be in close proximity to some form of public transport to get them there.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 27 Mar 2017, 07:13

mystery wrote:
Exiled wrote:

COYF
I too had friends come to the game yesterday, they too were "out of town", they have always sat in the stand because one has a bad back, they couldn't get in either, didn't blame the club, blamed themselves for not getting tickets beforehand, either over the Internet or asking me to get them.They stood behind the sticks enjoyed the banter with fans, and saw Cas win, the main reason for being there.The club are trying their best under the circumstances, moaning and groaning won't bring the completion of the new ground tomorrow, and it is happening, and from one who had supported the club for a lot of years, travelled to other clubs, "enjoyed their hospitality" take it from me, it's not how many tables you can sell, it's the welcome from Cas that beats any other club.Also re the paws and claws and parents taking seats, the paws and claws do a lot for the club and their parents pay for their seats!! Oh and by the way Cas won yesterday and we are top of the league.
Perhaps you can read back my post again and reply to that, instead of the rant you posted above.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 27 Mar 2017, 09:16

Sympathise with you Exiled, and having to go for a drink 20 minutes before half-time. Pity you missed some great rugby.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 27 Mar 2017, 09:50

I suppose the facilities at Cas for catering, say, have evolved based on attendances experienced over time. Suddenly, we are attracting bigger crowds and need to adjust. I had no trouble getting a drink at Salford last week, but there was nobody around! I know which I prefer.

As far as stadium seating, I've been going down since the 50s and this is the first time I've heard that one, but I know it's correct because my little grandson couldn't get a seat on the day and had to stand.

Mind you, there was no fan's forum in the 50s.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Mar 2017, 14:19

HuddsTigers wrote:New ground will have easy access to a train station, walking distance from Ponte, regular bus services out to Knottingley and Cas. There will also be a shuttle bus from Cas to the ground.

In reality, the only people who will need to drive are those who work and will drive straight to games, corporate hospitality, elderly and disabled and those who live far away.

The vast majority of local people will be in close proximity to some form of public transport to get them there.
Stop day dreaming!

Public transport is not an option people want to take, even if it is readily available, relatively cheap and clean. Most Cas fans won't live on a bus route that goes direct to the area and like rail travelers they will have to either walk or catch 2 or more forms of public transport.

Equally as difficult is sitting on a bus surrounded by people you don't know or have no desire to know whereas sat in your car, even at a standstill in a queue, you can do what the hell you want; music, conversation, (illegally) eat and drink, fart, open/close windows and control the heaters/air con. You can set off exactly when you want as well as choosing to drive home at a time that suits you.

Away fans will use either coach travel or their own transport, all off which will add to the chaos. As I understand it the car park for the new stadium will have around 600+ spaces and controls in place to discourage rugby supporters from using the retail car parks.

If you visit Xscape on a Saturday or Sunday you will see the impact of traffic on the internal layout of Colorado Way which in the same timespan as the stadium build will have extra traffic directed to it from a new road about to be built through to Cutsyke.

It good that fans from Ponte will be able to walk fairly easily but we're CASTLEFORD Tigers. Most folk will want to walk from Cas so there's a net loss on the current situation.

I know you like to look at everything Cas related through rose tinted specs but trust me, it's going to be chaotic.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 27 Mar 2017, 14:36

Well put Flat Capper, could be a worse scenario than the A.J. Bell stadium, if we are still playing good rugby, and I am not a good judge on the amount of transport it will generate but, I think at least 2,000 cars for 600 parking spaces.

I hope that guy who would invest £20 million in Wheldon Road if he won the Euro lottery, hurries up and wins it, problem solved.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Mar 2017, 14:36

I would have to use my car.
Walking for a bus to ponte road , then waiting in a queue for god knows how long in possible wind and rain.
Sorry but this old cas lass as arthritis in my spine and 2 dodgy knees.

Its ok for folks who are fit and well there is a lot of fans in there 50/60/70 and 80's who no way can walk from civic center, airedale, cutsyke and further a field to where the stadium is going to be built.

So not as simple as some folk think.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 Mar 2017, 15:56

well we cant walk from york so i hope theres enough car parking spaces, :roll:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Mar 2017, 16:17

old cas lass wrote:I would have to use my car.
Walking for a bus to ponte road , then waiting in a queue for god knows how long in possible wind and rain.

Its ok for folks who are fit and well there is a lot of fans in there 50/60/70 and 80's who no way can walk from civic center, airedale, cutsyke and further a field to where the stadium is going to be built.

It's a long walk from Tamworth!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Mar 2017, 16:18

The club have improved the Men's toilet on the Princess St side it looks much cleaner inside with a new plastic roof, we may be further off from moving the we are made to believe

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 27 Mar 2017, 16:19

Free or quid buses from and back to town before and after the match. Easy this.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Mar 2017, 16:34

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I would have to use my car.

It sure is.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 Mar 2017, 16:37

love it :clap:

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 27 Mar 2017, 16:47

Didn't the club say they were looking into the possibility of park & ride from the town centre?

Failing that, getting a sponsorship deal with Arivia/M travel to put on free/cheap busses to the ground would also be a good option to have in place.