Samoa v England

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Samoa v England

Post by Normy-Tiger » 25 Apr 2017, 15:42

Gale and Williams to play then if true. I may pay for it then.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 25 Apr 2017, 18:09

tigerfeat wrote:Widdop got injured this morning looks like hel be missing
What's the bet a few players get 'injured' this week and can't play next week.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Apr 2017, 18:48

Looked a bad one to be fair but yeah im sure they will
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 26 Apr 2017, 10:50

lurcher wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Dez wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:I just think it's brilliant that there are more Cas players in the England squad than from any other Super League Club
That makes a massive statement about how far we have come.
Good luck guys!
THIS :clap:
It becomes easier to attract talent and sponsors.
No only that, players will come back with a greater knowledge of the the game from being around different players and different coaches that they cann bring back to the rest of the players And club as a whole.
the one drawback is that those other players can tap our players up. :(
When we had the odd player here and there selected into the England squad I'd have agreed with you there Lurcher, but the Cas presence in the squad is strong at the moment, so just could work the other way for a change

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 26 Apr 2017, 14:06

Think Gale will play against pies, he has been passed fit to fly Sunday morning.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 26 Apr 2017, 16:47

fast hands wrote:Think Gale will play against pies, he has been passed fit to fly Sunday morning.
Good news that, BUT the Challenge cup is played the following week will the be all back and fit to play after this stupid fixture, WE will need a good team out for the Saints .

CasTiger7

Post by CasTiger7 » 26 Apr 2017, 20:23

I think against Hudds, I'd have Roberts at full back, Chase and McShane in the halves. I do not like the idea of Eden at FB.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 30 Apr 2017, 19:04

Why have the RL arranged this stupid stupid fixture right in the middle of the SL season. What looked like an easy fixture, now becomes very tricky with no Gale, McMeeken & Hardaker. Coupled with Roberts injury we have lost our two playmakers, our goal kicker, our best forward and our attacking full-back. We could well lose on Thursday now. Then the following week, with another tough match, we have three of our best players probably suffering from jet-lag. If they had to play this match, which they should not have, why not play it the same week as the Cup-semi-finals and pick the team from the 8 Sl teams not involved in those games.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 30 Apr 2017, 19:41

Superleague clubs agreed to it. Dont understand why we couldnt of just had a bye week in Superleague for it. After Easter weekend the teams could have done with a week off now.

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 30 Apr 2017, 23:55

Bennett has just described McQueen as one the best option for the English edge forwards available. Along with that and the fact Elliot whitehead is playing well in the nrl it looks like we will be losing Mike for him just to go and not play

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 May 2017, 00:41

We will see

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 May 2017, 12:47

Leeds tiger wrote:Bennett has just described McQueen as one the best option for the English edge forwards available. Along with that and the fact Elliot whitehead is playing well in the nrl it looks like we will be losing Mike for him just to go and not play
After the performance he put in against Wigan, his name should be one of the first on the team sheet for me.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 01 May 2017, 20:08

Does any one know where we can watch game on saturday?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 May 2017, 20:19

Bolton-tiger wrote:Does any one know where we can watch game on saturday?
The RFL will rip you off £3.49 to watch it as a live stream if you want to pay it

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 01 May 2017, 20:26

Stuff that i thought it would have been on sky or at a push premier sports since anzacs being shown on it and even city vs country is on it

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 May 2017, 22:20

Bolton-tiger wrote:Stuff that i thought it would have been on sky or at a push premier sports since anzacs being shown on it and even city vs country is on it
Crackers hey! The RFL's way of trying to grow our game and give it more exposure is to put a mid season international in World Cup year behind a paywall on their own website! You couldn't make it up could you. I'm the same as you - 'stuff that'!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 May 2017, 00:19

and we don't even know what the quality of the coverage will be.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 May 2017, 07:37

Barmy our players having to travel down under in the middle of our domestic season, wouldn't it been better for the Samoan team to come here as there season is over?? , but may be Mr Wood and party fancied A JOLLY, first class of course, if this stupid idea costs us league points or an early exit from the cup I will be more annoyed than I am now

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 02 May 2017, 08:11

They said theyve done it because the money tv coverage was offering was not good enough but yet how many people are they expecting to pay nearly 4 quid for streaming to make more money out of it

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 02 May 2017, 08:48

What I can't get my head round is why some players flew Friday, some on Saturday, and final group Sunday. Why not all fly on the same day. By all accounts, Bennet wanted to have some ready for the coming Saturday game, working with the Aussie based players ? 5 players going 2 days later, all with more than a chance of being selected, they will need 2 days to adapt to sleep patterns so 2 days behind the rest of the group. I know I am not alone in thinking what a waste of time and money.