Samoa v England

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Samoa v England

Post by derbystiger » 01 May 2017, 22:20

Bolton-tiger wrote:Stuff that i thought it would have been on sky or at a push premier sports since anzacs being shown on it and even city vs country is on it
Crackers hey! The RFL's way of trying to grow our game and give it more exposure is to put a mid season international in World Cup year behind a paywall on their own website! You couldn't make it up could you. I'm the same as you - 'stuff that'!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 May 2017, 00:19

and we don't even know what the quality of the coverage will be.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 May 2017, 07:37

Barmy our players having to travel down under in the middle of our domestic season, wouldn't it been better for the Samoan team to come here as there season is over?? , but may be Mr Wood and party fancied A JOLLY, first class of course, if this stupid idea costs us league points or an early exit from the cup I will be more annoyed than I am now

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 02 May 2017, 08:11

They said theyve done it because the money tv coverage was offering was not good enough but yet how many people are they expecting to pay nearly 4 quid for streaming to make more money out of it

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 02 May 2017, 08:48

What I can't get my head round is why some players flew Friday, some on Saturday, and final group Sunday. Why not all fly on the same day. By all accounts, Bennet wanted to have some ready for the coming Saturday game, working with the Aussie based players ? 5 players going 2 days later, all with more than a chance of being selected, they will need 2 days to adapt to sleep patterns so 2 days behind the rest of the group. I know I am not alone in thinking what a waste of time and money.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 May 2017, 08:53

The r.l have a long history of making dumb decisions this plus the fact no one can watch it on television is right up there with the rest
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 02 May 2017, 09:10

Add to what I posted above, £ 4,000.00 estimate flight as they will be in business class, don't know how many have travelled, with entourage 20 perhaps , then excess baggage , Hotels , travel, etc, will work out maybe at the price we have put on Solomona.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 May 2017, 09:14

That's presumably what they expect all the £3.49s to pay for

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 May 2017, 09:32

i have been fortunate, to have been down under for a few tours, our lads will not be feeling themselves for at least a week when they return, that's great when you will be playing in a sudden death competition days after your return

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 02 May 2017, 12:06

This game has the hallmarks of the most pointless exercise of the season.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 02 May 2017, 12:13

Would we of been saying the same had we:
A) not been top of the league
B) not had three of our best players selected

I doubt it. I for one am proud that there are more Cas players in the national side than any other club. Time for the fringe players to step up and show they can be relied upon at the business end of the season.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 May 2017, 12:48

I think we would have been saying how bad it is having it in the same week as SL games. Should be a free weekend.

I'm happy that 3 players are being recognised for their achievements but it could be detrimental to our season when teams around us (Hull, Salford, Leeds) aren't suffering as big impact as we are. It could cost us what I see as a strong chance of 2 points and affect the final standings.

Hull are extremely fortunate in that Sneyd, Houghton and Shaul are in very competitive positions. All three should really be in or around the England squad.

We need to use that as motivation IMO this week and the players coming in need to step up and justify themselves.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!