Attendances.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Attendances.

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Apr 2017, 23:12

cogito ergo sum wrote:
casjunction wrote:Success on the field equates to larger attendences more revenue ,potential of more beer,programme sales,etc and more merchandising sales all in all increasing revenue,as we are witnessing this season..
Our media profile and style of play may attract more new spectators.
Winning trophies not only makes us all happy as will gain prize money as well as making us all the more attractive sponsors,all in all a virtuous circle.
So it was a.little disappointing that it was a sell out yesterday although I can understand people did not turn up to pay at the turnstiles.on the day.Perhaps a little thought could overcome this issue in the future.
This would suggest that the new ground may need the fourth end putting in at the start so it may be advisable to put some of the additional income to one side to fund this.
COYF
We've shown that the new ground needs room for at least 12000. If we continue to be a top team playing exciting rugby, and the factor of a new ground and improved facilities attracting new people, then 10000 is clearly not enough.
Why??? Because we've got over 10k twice as opposed to three times under 10k??? 10,000 is ample at the minute for a club of our size. I'd rather have a 10k stadium looking full than a 12k stadium looking 3/4 full.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2017, 23:14

If the club gets 8000 ST holders, I'm sure they will explore options. But there is no use pushing for something on the premise of one season.

Things can quite easily turn sour again and then we would regret being rash and building something which is a financial black hole.

I'd rather us be run sound and within realistic means and with a profitable stadium.

If people want to guarantee watching Cas, buy a season ticket.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2017, 23:16

I suggest people also look at the Norwich City model too in football.

They have a 25k capacity stadium and a waiting list for tickets. That is what Cas should do. Put your name down and if anyone can't make it, put your ticket in so someone else can use it.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 15 Apr 2017, 23:18

HuddsTigers wrote:Or you could charge more in ticket prices meaning you make more money or break even on what you would have made with more.
That's just a great way to stop people going to games. There's people who don't/can't go to games now because it's too expensive for them. The last thing you want to do is put more people in that bracket.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2017, 23:22

You are paying for better facilities. We aren't talking loads. It we are currently charging £22 for a dilapidated, unsuitable ground.

£25 is consistent with other clubs and isn't unreasonable for a ticket is it for a new stadium, no?

And sadly, there are always going to be people that miss out. I'm sure the club would love to give away their product for as little as possible to get the ground full. But costs are going up, expenditure is going up and now the salary cap is going up. To remain competitive we have to make our money somehow.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 15 Apr 2017, 23:25

HuddsTigers wrote:You are paying for better facilities. We aren't talking loads. It we are currently charging £22 for a dilapidated, unsuitable ground.

£25 is consistent with other clubs and isn't unreasonable for a ticket is it for a new stadium, no?

And sadly, there are always going to be people that miss out. I'm sure the club would love to give away their product for as little as possible to get the ground full. But costs are going up, expenditure is going up and now the salary cap is going up. To remain competitive we have to make our money somehow.
I would catergorise the games as they do in Football.
£22 for teams like Catalan and Hudds - B matches
£25 for Leeds, Wakey and Hull etc... A Matches

More fans coming to fill the ground in B matches.
A matches sure to sell out so charge the higher price.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2017, 23:29

A logical method, and entirely plausible.

Cat A £28 seated/£26 standing - Wakey, Leeds, Hull
Cat B £26 seated/£24 - Wigan, St Helens, Warrington, Leigh
Cat C £24/£22 - Catalans, Huddersfield, Widnes, Salford

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Apr 2017, 02:58

There is no dispute that demographically our support is superb but if a new stadium brings the benefits everyone thinks it would have been over subscribed for the Leeds and Wakefield games with the commensurate loss of income.All businesses know their fixed running costs and operational margins however to alter extend the facilities later would be far more expensive already this season a ten thousand stadium would have resulted in a loss of at least forty thousand pounds.
Very few venues are full every time they do business however if they are turning customers away for forty percent of their opening hours the have a very poor business model.com

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Apr 2017, 08:15

HuddsTigers wrote:If the club gets 8000 ST holders, I'm sure they will explore options. But there is no use pushing for something on the premise of one season.

Things can quite easily turn sour again and then we would regret being rash and building something which is a financial black hole.

I'd rather us be run sound and within realistic means and with a profitable stadium.

If people want to guarantee watching Cas, buy a season ticket.
Agree with this. Lets not kid ourselves if we lost 3 games on the bounce later on in the season we would lose some spectators who went on Friday.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Apr 2017, 08:47

I dont think we should look at it like what if we start losing support i think we will continue to gain support but the fact remains were not building the stadium ourselves if we were im sure we would build a 12,000 capacity stadium were having the ground built for us with a 10,000 capacity
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 16 Apr 2017, 09:25

The stadium arguments always makes me smile.

The man and familys that stand on the terraces, what improved facilities are they going to get that vastly improve there experience, a flatter step to stand on and a steel roof ? Should they pay more.

Surly the running costs will be less than keeping up with the old girl down the lane ?

Surly we need as a club to move up a gear or to in the corporate & commercial side and take more advantage that way.

Get the customer through the door with a decent product and value for money ( the team and the results) then offer other things to buy.

In moving to the new tin shed the biggest way to improve turnover is commercially not take more of the ordinary man of the street.

The arguments are difficult to comment on when your not armed with the facts and figures , BUT , surly isn't the situation we are in now an indication of the numbers that will attend on the terraces, or does everyone think the new tin shed will attract more than we're getting now ?

Interesting though but I don't buy hitting the fans stood on the new concrete , that's too easy.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Apr 2017, 10:02

Sorry i don't like the idea of increasing match day prices, I know external costs are going up and at some stage we will have to increase revenue, but with the state of most peoples finance's as they are today we are doing remarkably well to attract the number of spectators we are doing , most of the well paid jobs in the area have gone down the pan, a man and wife attending a match £44 refreshments and transport makes there match day upwards to £60 this is a bit chunk out of their wages

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Apr 2017, 11:58

tigerfeat wrote:I dont think we should look at it like what if we start losing support i think we will continue to gain support but the fact remains were not building the stadium ourselves if we were im sure we would build a 12,000 capacity stadium were having the ground built for us with a 10,000 capacity
I really don't see us gaining loads more support at this current time. A lot of the people coming now will be family members who haven't been down in a while, the proverbial glory hunters and people making more of an effort to try and make every game now that we have a product worth watching. There may be the odd occasional new fan but I don't see us getting 10,000 home fans any time soon. The 8k or so that we see turning up now are probably a lot of the same fans that made the trip to Wembley.

Success builds attendances and it is a cyclical effect. Continued success will mean significant and consistent attendance growth, more guaranteed Sky TV cash and - hopefully - bigger commercial deals.

If we can remain a top four side for the next few years then I think that is the time we need to be looking at the future and what we need to do.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 16 Apr 2017, 12:08

gateman wrote:Sorry i don't like the idea of increasing match day prices, I know external costs are going up and at some stage we will have to increase revenue, but with the state of most peoples finance's as they are today we are doing remarkably well to attract the number of spectators we are doing , most of the well paid jobs in the area have gone down the pan, a man and wife attending a match £44 refreshments and transport makes there match day upwards to £60 this is a bit chunk out of their wages

Exactly...... build the commercial/ hospitality etc side up.

Maybe aim at upping what's on offer in the ground for fans home and away can spend more cash.

Putting the turn style prices up is an easy option.

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 16 Apr 2017, 12:23

tigerfeat wrote:For a town with a population of around 40 thousand people to be averging over 9,000 at our matches is a splendid effort ...
If the same was applied to Manchester United they would have an average home attendance of 625,000!!!!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 Apr 2017, 13:14

A new stadium produces a new business plan. That plan would include measures to increase revenue and attendances, and any plan is an extrapolation and a risk. We have twice gone over 10000 fans, both televised. An argument for a new ground is that more people would attend with better facilities (I don't necessarily agree). We have a developing team and ambitious, loads of house building around the area and a growing population. We would want a ground to stage semi-finals etc.
The question is, will we regret not making it 12000 at this stage, or do we bite the bullet and do it? A good debate, because at 10000 no Cas fan should miss out, but the new ground will be a bigger attraction for away fans who could drop family at Junction 32 and make a day. A 12000 ground with 10000 in it won't look half empty.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Apr 2017, 14:29

Max n paddy wrote:The stadium arguments always makes me smile.

The man and familys that stand on the terraces, what improved facilities are they going to get that vastly improve there experience, a flatter step to stand on and a steel roof ? Should they pay more.

Surly the running costs will be less than keeping up with the old girl down the lane ?

Surly we need as a club to move up a gear or to in the corporate & commercial side and take more advantage that way.

Get the customer through the door with a decent product and value for money ( the team and the results) then offer other things to buy.

In moving to the new tin shed the biggest way to improve turnover is commercially not take more of the ordinary man of the street.

The arguments are difficult to comment on when your not armed with the facts and figures , BUT , surly isn't the situation we are in now an indication of the numbers that will attend on the terraces, or does everyone think the new tin shed will attract more than we're getting now ?

Interesting though but I don't buy hitting the fans stood on the new concrete , that's too easy.
It isn't necessarily loyal fans who go now but new fans we are talking about.

A lot of fans don't go because of the facilities and the experience. You pay for a better concourse, refreshment facilities, better health and safety, better disabled facilities, better sound system, better floodlights, better toilets, better parking and of course location.

The costs of repair may be less but costs will increase in other ways. For instance, we are going to have to ramp up our commercial offering as you have alluded to, more staff in concourses for drinks and food, etc etc.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 17 Apr 2017, 20:47

HuddsTigers wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:The stadium arguments always makes me smile.

It isn't necessarily loyal fans who go now but new fans we are talking about.

A lot of fans don't go because of the facilities and the experience. You pay for a better concourse, refreshment facilities, better health and safety, better disabled facilities, better sound system, better floodlights, better toilets, better parking and of course location.

The costs of repair may be less but costs will increase in other ways. For instance, we are going to have to ramp up our commercial offering as you have alluded to, more staff in concourses for drinks and food, etc etc.

Ramping up as you call it the commercial side is to be expanded and is expected, cost of employees though should be covered by the reason there employed so I don't agree the costs will go up. This in fact should increase profit ( selling drinks and food ) or you shouldn't be employing them.

Regarding people not turning up because of the state of the facility's I think is not totally true. I don't think shiny new flood lights will make the difference.

The team make the difference as we have proof of this season the terrible toilets and the unorganised bars haven't stopped people turning up this season.

A shiny new stadium may help but I wouldn't just go to the game because of the facility's.

In fact I will go as far to say I will miss the old girl when we move but totally understand that we need room to expand our commercial activity and bring the money in thus making us a regular top four team hopefully.