Attendances.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Attendances.

Post by casjunction » 15 Apr 2017, 19:47

Success on the field equates to larger attendences more revenue ,potential of more beer,programme sales,etc and more merchandising sales all in all increasing revenue,as we are witnessing this season..
Our media profile and style of play may attract more new spectators.
Winning trophies not only makes us all happy as will gain prize money as well as making us all the more attractive sponsors,all in all a virtuous circle.
So it was a.little disappointing that it was a sell out yesterday although I can understand people did not turn up to pay at the turnstiles.on the day.Perhaps a little thought could overcome this issue in the future.
This would suggest that the new ground may need the fourth end putting in at the start so it may be advisable to put some of the additional income to one side to fund this.
COYF

TypingMonkey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Attendances.

Post by TypingMonkey » 15 Apr 2017, 19:53

I wonder if some people didn't turn up and pay on the gate because they expected it to have sold out?
But still, 10k+ on a Bank Holiday and live on Sky is a tremendous achievement for the club, so I have nothing but praise for them.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 15 Apr 2017, 19:55

Can anyone work out our average so far this season with 2 of the smallest attendances in Hudds and Catalan already gone.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 Apr 2017, 20:10

After five games our average attendance is 9306 which as you point out includes Huddersfeild and Catalan ,so you would hope if the team carrying playing in such a successful and entertaining manner,l can only see the average rising.
So roll.up everyone who can to every game and lets hope we can keep our hundred percent home record

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Apr 2017, 20:46

For a town with a population of around 40 thousand people to be averging over 9,000 at our matches is a splendid effort ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 Apr 2017, 20:56

casjunction wrote:Success on the field equates to larger attendences more revenue ,potential of more beer,programme sales,etc and more merchandising sales all in all increasing revenue,as we are witnessing this season..
Winning trophies not only makes us all happy as will gain prize money as well as making us all the more attractive sponsors,all in all a virtuous circle.
So it was a.little disappointing that it was a sell out yesterday although I can understand people did not turn up to pay at the turnstiles.on the day.Perhaps a little thought could overcome this issue in the future.
This would suggest that the new ground may need the fourth end putting in at the start so it may be advisable to put some of the additional income to one side to fund this.
COYF
We've shown that the new ground needs room for at least 12000. If we continue to be a top team playing exciting rugby, and the factor of a new ground and improved facilities attracting new people, then 10000 is clearly not enough.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 15 Apr 2017, 20:57

cogito ergo sum wrote:
casjunction wrote:Success on the field equates to larger attendences more revenue ,potential of more beer,programme sales,etc and more merchandising sales all in all increasing revenue,as we are witnessing this season..
COYF
We've shown that the new ground needs room for at least 12000. If we continue to be a top team playing exciting rugby, and the factor of a new ground and improved facilities attracting new people, then 10000 is clearly not enough.
That's why the club NEED to get on to the council about getting the same £2m Wakefield have guilt tripped them into getting. That extra money gets more capacity on the stadium.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 Apr 2017, 21:58

Do we really want to approach the council with the begging bowl when much needed services are being slashed.
Two thousand extra speccies per game increased beer sales,programme sales merchandising,sponsorship prize money we really should be self financing.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2017, 22:27

COYF
The new stadium will already have four ends.

I suspect it wasn't a sell out because it was on Sky. To be fair, I'm disappointed by the Wakey support for a local derby. Only looked to bring 1500.

We have improved but let's not get ahead of ourselves. The key is to make it consistent and not be one season wonders. If we do that and there is a need I'm sure we will look into it as soon as possible.

However, it will cost £2m probably to increase capacity to 12000. If you think we will get that from winning a few games you are miles out.

I'm happy with 10k. We don't get that every game and until we get 10k for Hudds, Catalans, Salford then I'll say it isnt a necessity to increase. Why pay out for something which is only going to have material benefit of 3 games per year (Leeds, Hull, Wakey)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 15 Apr 2017, 22:38

cogito ergo sum wrote:
COYF

We've shown that the new ground needs room for at least 12000.

I think that with our new found, best ever, average of 9k a 12 thousand capacity stadium will be a quarter empty most of the time if at best we keep this level of performance up.

A 10k capacity will see the stadium almost full most weeks.

The maths speak for themselves to be honest.

People are talking about the few occasions when the full house signs go up and people can't get to the game. Answer buy your ticket earlier. ....

COY10kF

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 15 Apr 2017, 22:39

COYF
2:30pm KO on a bank holiday when people normally go away + the game being on Sky + not everyone has that day off work. 10k was perfectly fine for the attendance.

For the new stadium simply limit the away tickets to 500-1000, I'd much prefer to see a stadium full of our fans than empty gaps on TV.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Apr 2017, 22:44

Let's put it this way.
If that game had been at our new 10,000 capacity stadium.
349 who went yesterday would have had to miss the game due to the capacity.
Meaning lose of revenue.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 15 Apr 2017, 22:50

old cas lass wrote:Let's put it this way.
Meaning lose of revenue.
And 1500 people would have been locked out of the Leeds game.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Apr 2017, 23:04

TheSheriff wrote:
Meaning lose of revenue.
And 1500 people would have been locked out of the Leeds game.

Correct.
We've not even won a trophy yet and the crowds are up massively.
If we continue to play like we are and win things, the support will grow, only problem is it can only grow to 10,000 other wise there will be a lot of up set fans who can't get in to watch the team.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2017, 23:11

Meaning lose of revenue.
Or you could charge more in ticket prices meaning you make more money or break even on what you would have made with more.

Means 349 less Wakey fans which given they take a quarter of tickets they sell in advance anyway, probably has less impact financially.

Also, if we sold 1500 tickets to Wakey, if we reduced this down to 750 (£11,250 to Cas) - crowd of 9500 - but added in 500 more Cas fans paying £20, we would almost break even at £10k through retaining all the ticket cost.

Would those 349 fans in one game also cover the increased staffing, health and safety, licensing, and utility costs to make it financially viable across the season? Again, there's more than just ticket income to consider. People forget this.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Apr 2017, 23:12

cogito ergo sum wrote:
COYF
Why??? Because we've got over 10k twice as opposed to three times under 10k??? 10,000 is ample at the minute for a club of our size. I'd rather have a 10k stadium looking full than a 12k stadium looking 3/4 full.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2017, 23:14

If the club gets 8000 ST holders, I'm sure they will explore options. But there is no use pushing for something on the premise of one season.

Things can quite easily turn sour again and then we would regret being rash and building something which is a financial black hole.

I'd rather us be run sound and within realistic means and with a profitable stadium.

If people want to guarantee watching Cas, buy a season ticket.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2017, 23:16

I suggest people also look at the Norwich City model too in football.

They have a 25k capacity stadium and a waiting list for tickets. That is what Cas should do. Put your name down and if anyone can't make it, put your ticket in so someone else can use it.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 15 Apr 2017, 23:18

HuddsTigers wrote:Or you could charge more in ticket prices meaning you make more money or break even on what you would have made with more.
That's just a great way to stop people going to games. There's people who don't/can't go to games now because it's too expensive for them. The last thing you want to do is put more people in that bracket.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2017, 23:22

You are paying for better facilities. We aren't talking loads. It we are currently charging £22 for a dilapidated, unsuitable ground.

£25 is consistent with other clubs and isn't unreasonable for a ticket is it for a new stadium, no?

And sadly, there are always going to be people that miss out. I'm sure the club would love to give away their product for as little as possible to get the ground full. But costs are going up, expenditure is going up and now the salary cap is going up. To remain competitive we have to make our money somehow.