Wow

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Wow

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Apr 2017, 17:58

duke street 10 wrote:The game was won in the 1st half. Yes we were off in attack 2nd half, but with a 20pt lead after 40 mins its best to be off then as opposed to chasing the game!

Another win and we have bought the noisy neighbours down to earth with a bump :)

I think the lack of atmosphere was the biggest disappointment for me. Maybe we are getting people turning up "to be entertained" only as opposed to getting behind the side...i have heard that leveled at some big football clubs who are spoiled with success. It felt like i was the only one making any noise at the right side end of W.R stand

Maybe the club can play a bit of music in breaks of plays to gee the crowd up...i used to like the "we will rock you"! bit they played in the late 90's. Or maybe the supporters club can come up with something. I think the players noticed how quiet it was too.
Your right never stopped singing at wigan tho great noise in that game
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 14 Apr 2017, 18:21

I think the game was a fair reflection of the two teams respective positions.

Cas too good when they needed to be with wakey at the 5/6 position level in the table and about where we were two/three years ago....capable of an upset but not enough quality for the next level.

Is it just me but has Eden developed a case of dropsy??

Cannot be on form all the time and Wakey as I say not quite in a position to exploit us when we are less than perfect.

Roll on Monday

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 Apr 2017, 18:25

Luke is going to have to stop touching the ref.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 14 Apr 2017, 18:48

Webster is an absolute legend. He took so many knocks today but carried on with a big game. Some massive hits in defence and some big runs in attack. My MOM today by some bit was Webster.

Can see him being rested on Monday as he looked real tired late on. Fully deserved if so.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 Apr 2017, 19:57

great result although we couldn't get going the 2nd half, but a chap stood next to us had traveled up from Northampton & he loved every minute as we did, so we must be doing something right :clap:

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 14 Apr 2017, 20:48

cogito ergo sum wrote:Luke is going to have to stop touching the ref.
I agree. Appreciate it's friendly but Daryl should be telling him. Would hate to lose him for a week for something like that

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Apr 2017, 20:53

old cas lass wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Far too good for em thought we were in second gear lot of second half still things we can improve but i think were a seriously good side ...ben roberts my man of match
well done boys keep it going

I thought we were in neural all 2nd half.
Won the game in the second 20 first half.
Proberly saving a bit for monday ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 14 Apr 2017, 21:00

Dazzyb wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Luke is going to have to stop touching the ref.
I agree. Appreciate it's friendly but Daryl should be telling him. Would hate to lose him for a week for something like that
The ref turned to Gale today and said "You cant touch the ref Luke" Wouldnt be suprised if something gets brought up. It happens too often.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 14 Apr 2017, 21:08

tigerfeat wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:The game was won in the 1st half. Yes we were off in attack 2nd half, but with a 20pt lead after 40 mins its best to be off then as opposed to chasing the game!

Another win and we have bought the noisy neighbours down to earth with a bump :)

I think the lack of atmosphere was the biggest disappointment for me. Maybe we are getting people turning up "to be entertained" only as opposed to getting behind the side...i have heard that leveled at some big football clubs who are spoiled with success. It felt like i was the only one making any noise at the right side end of W.R stand

Maybe the club can play a bit of music in breaks of plays to gee the crowd up...i used to like the "we will rock you"! bit they played in the late 90's. Or maybe the supporters club can come up with something. I think the players noticed how quiet it was too.
Your right never stopped singing at wigan tho great noise in that game
always more noise and a better atmosphere at away games than the home ones
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 14 Apr 2017, 21:17

Dazzyb wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:

The ref turned to Gale today and said "You cant touch the ref Luke" Wouldnt be suprised if something gets brought up. It happens too often.

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago but he still does it, if he gets a ban Rangi will take his place but who will kick the goals. On another note this is our best start since 1968/69 apart from when we were relegated and playing in National League 1.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 14 Apr 2017, 21:59

sparky49 wrote:Dazzyb wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago but he still does it, if he gets a ban Rangi will take his place but who will kick the goals. On another note this is our best start since 1968/69 apart from when we were relegated and playing in National League 1.
zak/mcshane
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Apr 2017, 22:59

:) Don't need goals we score enough tries :D

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Apr 2017, 23:53

old cas lass wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Far too good for em thought we were in second gear lot of second half still things we can improve but i think were a seriously good side ...ben roberts my man of match
well done boys keep it going

I thought we were in neural all 2nd half.
Won the game in the second 20 first half.
spot on. almost unplayable in that 2nd quarter.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Apr 2017, 06:04

sparky49 wrote:Dazzyb wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
On another note this is our best start since 1968/69 apart from when we were relegated and playing in National League 1.
What about the 88/89 or 89/90 season when we won our first 11 games???

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Apr 2017, 07:17

Just watching the game again. When Jake scores his second try just before half time, Scott Grix collides with the referee. Anyone think he'll cop a ban for that?

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 15 Apr 2017, 16:00

What about the 88/89 or 89/90 season when we won our first 11 games???

I stand corrected on the best start but we didn't win our first 11 games as we drew 14 all at St. Helens in the 3rd game on September 11th.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Apr 2017, 16:30

Fumper27 wrote:Just watching the game again. When Jake scores his second try just before half time, Scott Grix collides with the referee. Anyone think he'll cop a ban for that?
Just watched it back.
Missed it yesterday.
Grix did give the ref a decent push.
It's amazing on what the RFL pull up and let go.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 23 Apr 2017, 17:13

sparky49 wrote:
Dazzyb wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago but he still does it, if he gets a ban Rangi will take his place but who will kick the goals.

Zak/McShane were mentioned but it proved today we only have one good kicker so we need plenty of tries next Saturday against Wigan.