Adam Milner

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lee A

Adam Milner

Post by Lee A » 12 Apr 2017, 11:27

I have been one of Milner's biggest critics in the past but the lad has improved into 3 times the player I thought he would ever be. His move to the back row has given him a new lease of life. I think having the pressure of being our 9 has now been released and he is doing what any hungry player could be asked to do. He runs the ball in hard and he tackles well above his weight. It's great to see one of our own playing with the hunger he has.

I doff my cap to you Mr Milner.

Before you ask, no I'm not his Dad

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Adam Milner

Post by gateman » 12 Apr 2017, 11:46

i have always rated ADAM, but I must admit since his move to loose forward he as been a revelation, what an engine this lad has, keep it ADAM you could make the England squad on your current form

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Apr 2017, 12:05

A totally rejuvenated player.
Daryl powell as certainly found his position.
He looks superb at 13.
His man on man tackling is immense.
Keep it up adam and the accolades will follow.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 12 Apr 2017, 12:06

I agree with the above, another mr vowles in the making, well done young fella.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Apr 2017, 13:53

Agree 100% with all of this. He's a machine at the moment. Keep it up Adz lad

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 12 Apr 2017, 17:34

Many months ago pre season on this forum I said I'd like Milner to start at loose when we were discussing who'd play where..thank goodness mr Powell made my wish possible what a fantastic talent Adam is you know whenever he takes the field he gives 110% but last week you thoroughly diserved your mom at Wigan you were awesome well done keep up the good work

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 12 Apr 2017, 18:49

Ladytiger wrote:Many months ago pre season on this forum I said I'd like Milner to start at loose when we were discussing who'd play where..thank goodness mr Powell made my wish possible what a fantastic talent Adam is you know whenever he takes the field he gives 110% but last week you thoroughly diserved your mom at Wigan you were awesome well done keep up the good work
Wonder why he was given the number 13 shirt, think DP had pencilled him in at loose forward before the season started.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Apr 2017, 13:55

fast hands wrote:
Ladytiger wrote:Many months ago pre season on this forum I said I'd like Milner to start at loose when we were discussing who'd play where..thank goodness mr Powell made my wish possible what a fantastic talent Adam is you know whenever he takes the field he gives 110% but last week you thoroughly diserved your mom at Wigan you were awesome well done keep up the good work
Wonder why he was given the number 13 shirt, think DP had pencilled him in at loose forward before the season started.
I get the impression it is simply a case of fitting 2 hard working ball players into the team with McShane getting the nod at 9 because he is the 'smaller' of the 2.

Milner has always been a decent defensive player and obviously has the handling skills to play at acting half so 13 seems obvious.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 13 Apr 2017, 15:37

Flat Capper wrote:
fast hands wrote:
I get the impression it is simply a case of fitting 2 hard working ball players into the team with McShane getting the nod at 9 because he is the 'smaller' of the 2.

Milner has always been a decent defensive player and obviously has the handling skills to play at acting half so 13 seems obvious.
I don't think it's a question of size, more a question of smarts, mcshane offers more as hooker and has improved his fitness and physique to do the 80 minutes, Adam looks to have bulked up a bit and gone the other way making him a perfect fit for 13, he has the fitness and ball handling skills to suit the position

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Apr 2017, 23:30

DP seemed to play him for less minutes than he has all season today. probably to rest him a bit for Monday as it was game over when he took him off.
jo brand is eddie warings love child