Is my table wrong???

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Is my table wrong???

Post by TT Tiger » 08 Apr 2017, 00:07

It's the 8th of April and Cas are top and Salford are second is my table wrong? If not I would have love to have known the odds on that on the opening day of the season?

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Is my table wrong???

Post by ERG2012 » 08 Apr 2017, 07:50

And we have a game in hand over both Salford and Leeds.
Saints were virtually full strength at home against Huddersfield so a bit of a strange result 14 all after being 14-0 up...

CasTiger7

Post by CasTiger7 » 08 Apr 2017, 07:52

ERG2012 wrote:And we have a game in hand over both Salford and Leeds.
Saints were virtually full strength at home against Huddersfield so a bit of a strange result 14 all after being 14-0 up...
That's called 'The Keiron Cunningham' effect.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 08 Apr 2017, 07:55

No it is definitely not wrong :D

FWIW, I like what Salford are building, they are following the same model as Cas have, no superstars, just a team that are working hard for each other.

I love there are now different teams challenging at the top, long may it continue....as long as Cas are 1 step ahead 8)
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 08 Apr 2017, 08:03

I wouldn't be surprised not to see Cunningham in charge for our game. The fans gave turned on him and with Wigan away and Cas at home something needs to change quickly or it could be a bad weekend for the red V

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 08 Apr 2017, 08:47

StevieTheTV wrote:No it is definitely not wrong :D

FWIW, I like what Salford are building, they are following the same model as Cas have, no superstars, just a team that are working hard for each other.

I love there are now different teams challenging at the top, long may it continue....as long as Cas are 1 step ahead 8)
I would love to have Junior Sau at Cas as a replacement for Webbo

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 08 Apr 2017, 08:58

takethetwo wrote:

And me

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Apr 2017, 09:01

It makes for good reading :D

As for Salford, after watching there tries last night, they seem to be scoring the castleford way.
Most was a replica of our tries on both left and right edges.

Copy cats :D

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 08 Apr 2017, 09:31

takethetwo wrote:

Webbo is an amazing player, hopefully he will be with us for at least another year after this, the way he is playing I wouldn't rule anything out with his determination and the hard work he's put in to get back to where he is. He is also a fantastic role model for the young guys coming through and great to have around the place with his interviews etc, I think Webbo is a one off!
Danny Boy

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 08 Apr 2017, 11:54

Danny Boy wrote:
takethetwo wrote:

Webbo is an amazing player, hopefully he will be with us for at least another year after this, the way he is playing I wouldn't rule anything out with his determination and the hard work he's put in to get back to where he is. He is also a fantastic role model for the young guys coming through and great to have around the place with his interviews etc, I think Webbo is a one off!
Totally agree, an absolute one off. How many 'selfies' does he get through after matches with the young fans?! I think he has another year in him, and would love to see him kept on after he finishes playing to work with the young lads and maybe head up some community work, he'd be fantastic at it in my opinion. Lynch would be another good one in that area, but isn't he heading down under at the end of the year?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 10 Apr 2017, 13:38

It said on the BBC that it was nice to see Cas and Salford leading the table. However, Cas lead the table, Salford don't.

Smudger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Smudger » 11 Apr 2017, 00:26

Cas v Salford CC Wembley final - now that would be a blast from the past! :)
You don't want to do it like that! :) :) :)

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Apr 2017, 08:59

Smudger wrote:Cas v Salford CC Wembley final - now that would be a blast from the past! :)
We also played them in the 1939 Championship Final at Maine Road. We would need to reverse the result at Old Trafford though!

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 12 Apr 2017, 08:41

Riggins wrote:I wouldn't be surprised not to see Cunningham in charge for our game. The fans gave turned on him and with Wigan away and Cas at home something needs to change quickly or it could be a bad weekend for the red V
How Prophetic!!