Wakefield friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakefield friday

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Apr 2017, 08:40

A major straw clutching session going on by some the Wakey fans forum. The fact is over 80 minutes we exposed them for what they really are...a bottom of the top 8 side.

Wakeyfan

Post by Wakeyfan » 16 Apr 2017, 09:57

duke street 10 wrote:A major straw clutching session going on by some the Wakey fans forum. The fact is over 80 minutes we exposed them for what they really are...a bottom of the top 8 side.
Generally speaking , most wakey fans would probably be very comfortable with that.

We are building slowly but steadily.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 16 Apr 2017, 12:32

duke street 10 wrote:A major straw clutching session going on by some the Wakey fans forum. The fact is over 80 minutes we exposed them for what they really are...a bottom of the top 8 side.
I get that some wakey fans are moaning & clutching at straws, but some Cas fans seem to have short memories & are in danger of quickly becoming the very fans we've hated at Leeds & Wigan. Nothing wrong with building slowly, it's how weve got to where we are at the moment.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Apr 2017, 12:41

Wakeyfan wrote:
Generally speaking , most wakey fans would probably be very comfortable with that.

We are building slowly but steadily.
doing it the right way
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Apr 2017, 13:31

Friday I watched some of the St Helens v Wigan then down the lane to watch Cas v Wakefield enjoyed ever minute of it, on the night I went to the WMC they had the LEEDS UNITED match on the TV what a boring 2 hours if that's football I understand why I am a rugby league supporter

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 16 Apr 2017, 13:40

Fifita has some quality about him and under DP and the team could be a much improved player. Think he's also quite a fan friendly player and into the family aspect of the game sonwould fit with the culture we're building on. Think he has a decent length contract with Wakefield though and don't see us as a 'buying' club, unless it's getting youthful raw talent i.e. Gadwin

Long live the Tigers!!!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Apr 2017, 14:03

da_jimbob_7 wrote:Fifita has some quality about him and under DP and the team could be a much improved player. Think he's also quite a fan friendly player and into the family aspect of the game sonwould fit with the culture we're building on. Think he has a decent length contract with Wakefield though and don't see us as a 'buying' club, unless it's getting youthful raw talent i.e. Gadwin
I'd be happy with him to replace Lynch when he retires at the end of the year. As you say, he seems to fit our culture. Under our coaching team I think he would be good for us, and also get more minutes out of him than Wakey do after being under our conditioning team.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 16 Apr 2017, 14:32

I thought he only signed a year at wakey
In a decent team used correctly he could be quite destructive

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Apr 2017, 15:15

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
I get that some wakey fans are moaning & clutching at straws, but some Cas fans seem to have short memories & are in danger of quickly becoming the very fans we've hated at Leeds & Wigan. Nothing wrong with building slowly, it's how weve got to where we are at the moment.
Ive been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and a supporter for over 30 years and have seen more lean times than good. Believe me i am well aware the wheels can very easily fall off the current charge at the summit...1988 & 2011 still burn fresh with me...flying starts those seasons too then pop.

My gripe were with some of their posters, the excuses wound me up a tad.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 16 Apr 2017, 15:41

Juscas wrote:I thought he only signed a year at wakey
In a decent team used correctly he could be quite destructive
The key word there though is destructive .
If and a big IF , he came to cas he would be used in bursts .
He's not a starting prop like Lynch , more of an impact player .
So on the bench we would have Moors , Fifita , Jesse and Chase which means Cook has to be a starter because he's too good to leave out altogether . So we would still need a replacement for a lynch . He's also non fed/ quota whatever . Not worth it IMO

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 16 Apr 2017, 17:00

duke street 10 wrote:
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
Ive been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and a supporter for over 30 years and have seen more lean times than good. Believe me i am well aware the wheels can very easily fall off the current charge at the summit...1988 & 2011 still burn fresh with me...flying starts those seasons too then pop.

My gripe were with some of their posters, the excuses wound me up a tad.
I know mate, it's hard not to bite (I struggle constantly). I only mentioned it as the 'Cas love in' will come to an end shortly & they'll crawl out from the woodwork to hit us if/when things turn. We can be Classy off the pitch as well as on it!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Apr 2017, 19:15

True there have been more famine than feast.
I am not from and have never lived in Cas but have been coming down the Lane for mor than forty years having been introduced to the game by my father in law who is a life long Supporter and still a regular at eighty eight .
The culture seems to be developing and l see no reason for it to come to an end soon.
Just checked my glass is definitely half full.
I think I'll just top it up.
Happy Easter