Wigan game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wigan game

Post by Normy-Tiger » 11 Apr 2017, 19:14

Aid wrote:
laner wrote:
lurcher wrote:I can remember in the 2nd half of the pre season friendly with wakey rangi gave bjb a few yards start and ran him down.
Correct me if i am wrong didn't Hampshire catch Johnstone last season at Cas?
Yep, Rocky ran him down!
Rocky is quick though. Took part in superleagues fastest player a few year back while at Wigan.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Apr 2017, 14:25

Sharlotiger wrote:
fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:i wouldnt have anybody over minikin myself but id find a way to get tom johnstone in my team i think
Certainly think they have the better wingers and would have a field day if they were in Cas side, but we look much better in halves and elsewhere.
What planet are you on. BJB is pants and can't break a tackle
Obviously not seen some of the tries BJB as scored throughout his career and some great finishes in particular this campaign.
I think most SL wingers would score a hatful of tries on our flanks and I'm pretty sure both BJB and Johnstone would be top of the try scoring list if they played for us.
Just my humble opinion mate.
have you looked who is top of the try scoring list this season ........... oh that' s right the 2 lads from Castleford Tigers ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Lee A

Post by Lee A » 12 Apr 2017, 14:49

onetiger wrote:all johnstone as got his a fare bit of speed have you seen him when it comes to defence terrible
you ma get him going in 3rd man when hard works done...
I think he is more than just fast. He is brilliant with ball in hand and seems to find the gaps. I do agree about his defence though. If he could work on that part of his game then I would stick my neck out and say that he is the best winger in super league and definitely the best English winger in the game. Fortunately for us I can only see him having to defend on Friday which will only end with one result. I would love to have him at Cas in a heartbeat and see what Daryl could do with him.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 12 Apr 2017, 14:53

Lee A wrote:
onetiger wrote:all johnstone as got his a fare bit of speed have you seen him when it comes to defence terrible
you ma get him going in 3rd man when hard works done...
I think he is more than just fast. He is brilliant with ball in hand and seems to find the gaps. I do agree about his defence though. If he could work on that part of his game then I would stick my neck out and say that he is the best winger in super league and definitely the best English winger in the game. Fortunately for us I can only see him having to defend on Friday which will only end with one result. I would love to have him at Cas in a heartbeat and see what Daryl could do with him.
awww dont get me wrong if he was at cas under our coaching team he could go on to big things with england
but i hear tony smith at wire have him on there radar sure dp could try get him to cas .

tigersfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigersfan » 12 Apr 2017, 15:29

[/quote]

I think he is more than just fast. He is brilliant with ball in hand and seems to find the gaps. I do agree about his defence though. If he could work on that part of his game then I would stick my neck out and say that he is the best winger in super league and definitely the best English winger in the game. Fortunately for us I can only see him having to defend on Friday which will only end with one result. I would love to have him at Cas in a heartbeat and see what Daryl could do with him.[/quote]

awww dont get me wrong if he was at cas under our coaching team he could go on to big things with england
but i hear tony smith at wire have him on there radar sure dp could try get him to cas .[/quote]

Why on earth would be want him got 2 outstanding wingers in Eden and minikin
And egodo and gill are playing outstanding in championship

So why on earth would DP want him only to be a reserve???
](*,) ](*,)

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 12 Apr 2017, 17:32

fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:i wouldnt have anybody over minikin myself but id find a way to get tom johnstone in my team i think
Certainly think they have the better wingers and would have a field day if they were in Cas side, but we look much better in halves and elsewhere.
Obviously not seen some of the tries BJB as scored throughout his career and some great finishes in particular this campaign.
I think most SL wingers would score a hatful of tries on our flanks and I'm pretty sure both BJB and Johnstone would be top of the try scoring list if they played for us.
have you looked who is top of the try scoring list this season ........... oh that' s right the 2 lads from Castleford Tigers ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Read what I said , if they had played for Cas both BJB and Johnstone would have been at the top of the list on the end of our backline as would most wingers in SL. Being top of the try list doesn't automatically make them the best wingers in SL. Next you will be saying they should both be in the England world cup side lol.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 12 Apr 2017, 17:33

fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Top 3 are Cas lads with Gale

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Apr 2017, 17:37

Minikin will play many times for england dont worry about that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lee A

Post by Lee A » 12 Apr 2017, 18:16

Why on earth would be want him got 2 outstanding wingers in Eden and minikin
And egodo and gill are playing outstanding in championship

So why on earth would DP want him only to be a reserve???
](*,) ](*,)[/quote]

I know as a newbie I shouldn't do this but....

Johnstone would walk into our team in place of either of our wingers in my opinion. You bang your head as much as you want

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Apr 2017, 18:23

He has potential but I still think he's very raw and like most wingers, what he can do attack can always be undone in defence.

Whenever we've played Wakey in the last few meetings he's done sod all. That suggests to me that decent opposition can shut him out.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Apr 2017, 18:30

Suppose its not as bad as someone on wakey board rarther having grix than hardaker lol oh my ...
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 12 Apr 2017, 18:35

Aye and a combination of the squads that didn't have Millo in it....

I hope we rip them to bits

Lee A

Post by Lee A » 12 Apr 2017, 18:41

ERG2012 wrote:Aye and a combination of the squads that didn't have Millo in it....

I hope we rip them to bits
When I saw that team he suggested without Millo I literally laughed out loud

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 12 Apr 2017, 20:27

I read the post aswell lol .
England , Huby and Ashurst all mentioned in various posts .
I'll stick with Millo , Mcmeeken and Moors

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Apr 2017, 12:53

What planet are you on. BJB is pants and can't break a tackle[/quote]
Just my humble opinion mate.[/quote]

have you looked who is top of the try scoring list this season ........... oh that' s right the 2 lads from Castleford Tigers ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)[/quote]
Read what I said , if they had played for Cas both BJB and Johnstone would have been at the top of the list on the end of our backline as would most wingers in SL. Being top of the try list doesn't automatically make them the best wingers in SL. Next you will be saying they should both be in the England world cup side lol.[/quote]

why would we want them 2 our current 2 wingers are top of the list and are better ............ i give up

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 13 Apr 2017, 13:35

If Ben Jones-Bishop was any good Leeds wouldn't have got rid of him and replaced him with a bang average Tom Briscoe. There's not a single player in the Wakefield squad who would get in a full strength Cas 17.

Fifita doesn't play enough minutes and Johnstone is awful in defence...and that's the best they have.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 13 Apr 2017, 13:49

Did make me laugh when one of them said they would rather have Grix over Hardaker. Who are they kidding?!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Apr 2017, 14:09

I think he was being serious :D
Vince Lombardi