Challenge cup

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
We lost Ernie now
Academy Player
Academy Player

Challenge cup

Post by We lost Ernie now » 17 Mar 2017, 20:46

Cas are joint favourites to win the cup on skybet and have been backed by Peacock to win it.

https://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leag ... -cup/45925

I think I have a nosebleed.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Challenge cup

Post by Normy-Tiger » 17 Mar 2017, 21:01

Issue is with Challenge cup....It can all come down to the draw... We could end up with away games at say Hull and Wigan. I know we can beat any team but it makes it a hell of a lot harder. Specially in between a busy schedule.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 17 Mar 2017, 21:44

Normy-Tiger wrote:Issue is with Challenge cup....It can all come down to the draw... We could end up with away games at say Hull and Wigan. I know we can beat any team but it makes it a hell of a lot harder. Specially in between a busy schedule.
Spot on. Great thing is though is that when the draw is being made all other club's supporters will be praying that they don't pull us out of the bag....!!

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 17 Mar 2017, 21:51

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Normy-Tiger wrote:Issue is with Challenge cup....It can all come down to the draw... We could end up with away games at say Hull and Wigan. I know we can beat any team but it makes it a hell of a lot harder. Specially in between a busy schedule.
Spot on. Great thing is though is that when the draw is being made all other club's supporters will be praying that they don't pull us out of the bag....!!
Makes a nice change doesnt it. I hope we play the easiest teams possible all they way to the final.

Looks like league 1 Toronto are gunna beat high championship side London....Just goes to show Toronto should have started in the championship instead of Lg 1.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 18 Mar 2017, 08:49

Looks like league 1 Toronto are gunna beat high championship side London....Just goes to show Toronto should have started in the championship instead of Lg 1.

No team should be fast tracked, they should all start at the bottom and earn promotion, it's unfair to all the heartland clubs if they don't. London and Catalans took the place of established clubs that strived for the best.

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 18 Mar 2017, 09:07

We lost Ernie now wrote:Cas are joint favourites to win the cup on skybet and have been backed by Peacock to win it.

https://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leag ... -cup/45925

I think I have a nosebleed.
shame the article is about something different to the actual article - except for the very last line!