greg eden

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

greg eden

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Mar 2017, 21:56

Great to see how well hes going don't think weve lost owt with him replacing denny in fact watching the game again i think weve gained he makes good yards picking the ball up at the play the ball and hits the line with real pace only a matter of time till he breaks thru and takes one all the way ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Re: greg eden

Post by Matt » 14 Mar 2017, 23:12

Before the season kicked off people doubted the signing, it just goes to show that the coaching staff have a better understanding and know if they'll fit in or not.

That said I'm glad Denny did leave as it allowed us to bring in Zak, not sure Eden would have had the same impact at FB (who knows though, we may see him there at some point)
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 14 Mar 2017, 23:15

i can say hand on heart that greg would go well -unlike snake when greg scores he is not limping for 5 minutes

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 14 Mar 2017, 23:47

If he really is "The worst player in Brisbane's history" I wonder if they've got any others like him they don't want.........?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Mar 2017, 19:29

SuffolkTiger wrote:If he really is "The worst player in Brisbane's history" I wonder if they've got any others like him they don't want.........?

We've not seen him under sustained pressure or on a bad run of form yet. However I'm delighted with him.

Definitely feel we need another outside back. Look at Wigan - Marshall in reserve!
Audacter Et Sincere

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 17 Mar 2017, 19:36

Mysterio wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:If he really is "The worst player in Brisbane's history" I wonder if they've got any others like him they don't want.........?

We've not seen him under sustained pressure or on a bad run of form yet. However I'm delighted with him.

Definitely feel we need another outside back. Look at Wigan - Marshall in reserve!
We have Hitchy in reserve when fit. :dance:

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 17 Mar 2017, 21:18

I agree , we will see if he has any frailties when we teams were on the back foot , constantly defending and teams keep pumping the high ball to him . Of course it might never come to that lol

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 18 Mar 2017, 10:28

I still think the way to attack us will be high balls to our wingers. Zak shores up our back 3 quite nicely but I do think the Gregs will be vulnerable to well placed bombs.

I suspect when we lose, that'll be how.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 18 Mar 2017, 11:10

Mysterio wrote:

Who did nothing any academy player couldn't in all honesty

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 18 Mar 2017, 11:39

Squaddie86 wrote:I still think the way to attack us will be high balls to our wingers. Zak shores up our back 3 quite nicely but I do think the Gregs will be vulnerable to well placed bombs.

He may be vulnerable under the high ball and teams will score from it (like Leeds did) but to beat us I reckon that dirtier tactics will be used like one or more of Wane's thugs taking Gale out of the game.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 18 Mar 2017, 12:10

Squaddie86 wrote:I still think the way to attack us will be high balls to our wingers. Zak shores up our back 3 quite nicely but I do think the Gregs will be vulnerable to well placed bombs.

It's getting into a position to be able to do it.were dominating the ball and territory so much at the min that the opposition are not getting the chance to pepper are wingers.if you notice we prefer to defend are goal line that on our 20 metre line.this gives opposition very little space to work in.thats how I'm seeing it anyway

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Mar 2017, 13:22

Greg must have weaknesses, his past record of moving clubs suggests that. However, he has skills which at the minute outweigh any potential negatives. Could be because we are currently, winning and we are confident, and we play to our wingers. He has made two fairly expensive errors so far, the dropped bomb against Leeds cost a try, and the dropped ball in Evan's tackle from the 22 tap against Wire, which put us straight back under pressure and could have proved expensive.

Time will tell, but I'm happy with him so far. It is interesting to look back at some of the posts when he signed!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Mar 2017, 14:26

cogito ergo sum wrote:He has made two fairly expensive errors so far, the dropped bomb against Leeds cost a try, and the dropped ball in Evan's tackle from the 22 tap against Wire, which put us straight back under pressure and could have proved expensive.
!
Congratulations on contradicting yourself in one paragraph!!!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Mar 2017, 14:37

I won't respond to the nitpicking....oops, another contradiction!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 18 Mar 2017, 14:46

cogito ergo sum wrote:I won't respond to the nitpicking....oops, another contradiction!
Actually, "nitpicking" is 2 words :roll: :)

If we are to live up to our reputation as the game's best set of supporters we simply have to get this kind of detail right - every time....!

Come on Cas!!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Mar 2017, 15:04

Sorry Suffolk, check your dictionary. NITPICKING, ONE WORD.
Come on Cas!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 18 Mar 2017, 16:23

SuffolkTiger wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:I won't respond to the nitpicking....oops, another contradiction!

If we are to live up to our reputation as the game's best set of supporters we simply have to get this kind of detail right - every time....!

Come on Cas!!
Ha ha! The irony...

Let's not split hares...

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Mar 2017, 16:46

SuffolkTiger wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:

Come on Cas!!
Ha ha! The irony...

Let's not split hares...[/quote]

surely you mean hairs? :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 18 Mar 2017, 17:21

lurcher wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:

Come on Cas!!
Ha ha! The irony...

Let's not split hares...[/quote]

surely you mean hairs? :lol:
I do - one of my few strengths is that I'm very good at taking the p out of myself...

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 18 Mar 2017, 19:57

cogito ergo sum wrote:Greg must have weaknesses, his past record of moving clubs suggests that. However, he has skills which at the minute outweigh any potential negatives. Could be because we are currently, winning and we are confident, and we play to our wingers. He has made two fairly expensive errors so far, the dropped bomb against Leeds cost a try, and the dropped ball in Evan's tackle from the 22 tap against Wire, which put us straight back under pressure and could have proved expensive.

Time will tell, but I'm happy with him so far. It is interesting to look back at some of the posts when he signed!
Seen as though you are picking errors up on people. Please be aware that it is classed as a 20 metre tap and not 22.