So-At what point are we taken serious?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: So-At what point are we taken serious?

Post by Normy-Tiger » 15 Mar 2017, 07:17

dettoriman wrote:As said, We're definitely been taken serious,absolutely everyone is talking about us, and we're mega short to win honours this year.

Each week is our biggest test, Salford are much tougher than Widnes, We need to go and beat them, if not the momentum stops and that won't be easy.

Catalans will be a big physical test, And then its Wigan. We'll have a better idea for sure after that game. We need to remain 100% record for me, As Wigan will keep getting stronger throughout the season.

I still fancy Hull to be a major force this season also, So right now, We need to be beating everyone, and hoping they and Wigan drop points. Try and put a gap between us and 5th, But ideally us and 3rd. We've still not had to play anyone in peak form yet, and still haven't had to dig awfully deep to win a game. These times will come and it's how we deal with them.
Huddersfield in between Catalan and Wigan. Cant get sloppy on the games we think should be easier.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 20 Mar 2017, 09:48

May be we can all settle down no after that 1 point defeat!

Yes we were poor for most parts of the game but we still could have knicked it at the end. I think Salford played the conditions better than us and there game plan suited the conditions too.

DP summed it up for me when he mentioned that we probably played too safe for the conditions.

I still firmly think we should be taken seriously as a top four side and go from there.

Has someone has said, back on the horse Sunday!
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 20 Mar 2017, 16:44

At the end of April if we have still only lost one match.

Wigan home and away, Hull away, St Helens away, Wakefield home in April. We could lose 4 of them!!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 20 Mar 2017, 16:45

When we can close tight games out when we are in winning positions. The top sides aren't going to let us play our flamboyent style so in the big games as the season progresses we are going to have to adapt and find other ways to win.When we show we can do this people will believe we are the real deal.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 20 Mar 2017, 17:12

One concern of mine yesterday was that we seemed to lack a cool head on the pitch. It was always going to be a game of chess. Granted we were disrupted by the injury situation but we still had shenny n mr bossy on the pitch.

At the same time , I would take where we are now with two home games to come.

Still feel we'll be in the top four.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 21 Mar 2017, 20:45

It's all well and good playing champagne rugby and scoring 40 points . Our problem is we have no plan b , when teams bully us in the middle we have nothing to offer . I so think we will comfortably finish top 4 but I fear for us when we get to CC semis , playoffs etc as we just can't play scrappy .

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Mar 2017, 22:06

i certainly don't fear for us,, this season we have got the best squad we have had for many a year, if we don't get the horrendous amount of injury's we had last year when we just missed out of the top four, I can see the team we have easily getting into the top four, yes we had a blip but Salford are no mugs they played the game plan to beat us hitting the receiver of the ball , the rain and conditions made our passing of the ball just that bit slower allowing them to close us down , Salford will have a few more big scalps before the season is over, Its forecast a dry and sunny day for Sunday I will be more than surprised if we don't come away with a win

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Mar 2017, 22:42

gateman wrote:last year when we just missed out of the top four
I wouldn't call 9 points "just" missing the top four though!!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Mar 2017, 10:19

Fumper , thanks for pointing out we were 9 points adrift I thought we were closer, but you must admit with the amount of injuries we had we did an excellent job by not being in the bottom four, any matches we did loose to those who finished above were 4 pointers , roll on Sunday lets get back in the saddle

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 22 Mar 2017, 12:24

gateman wrote:Fumper , thanks for pointing out we were 9 points adrift I thought we were closer, but you must admit with the amount of injuries we had we did an excellent job by not being in the bottom four, any matches we did loose to those who finished above were 4 pointers , roll on Sunday lets get back in the saddle
Think what Fumper meant was we were 9 points adrift in super 8s' after winning 5 of our 7 games. Regular season I think we only won ten and drew one, finishing with 21 points, but we did ok with all injuries we had.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Mar 2017, 12:40

fast hands wrote:
gateman wrote:Fumper , thanks for pointing out we were 9 points adrift I thought we were closer, but you must admit with the amount of injuries we had we did an excellent job by not being in the bottom four, any matches we did loose to those who finished above were 4 pointers , roll on Sunday lets get back in the saddle
Think what Fumper meant was we were 9 points adrift in super 8s' after winning 5 of our 7 games. Regular season I think we only won ten and drew one, finishing with 21 points, but we did ok with all injuries we had.
Yeah. If our Super 8 form ran the whole of last season we'd of been up there. Our home form last year was the concern and we have so far sorted that out in 2017

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 06 Apr 2017, 22:40

I think that's a step forward! Won the arm wrestle and still showed glimpses of class.

:lol:

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Apr 2017, 22:53

In answer to the original question :

NOW.
Audacter Et Sincere

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 06 Apr 2017, 23:09

I'd say we and everyone else will know whether we are the real deal after the easter period. The big derby match at home then trips to Saints and Hull will be testers and we'll have played everyone once by then. Come through them then people really will have to sit up and take notice.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 07 Apr 2017, 10:17

The Firm wrote:I'd say we and everyone else will know whether we are the real deal after the easter period. The big derby match at home then trips to Saints and Hull will be testers and we'll have played everyone once by then. Come through them then people really will have to sit up and take notice.
This ^^^ You will get the answer when we have played the other 11 teams.

Stoke Bloke
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Erm......Stoke surprisingly. Thats the rough bit between Manchester and Birmingham.

Post by Stoke Bloke » 07 Apr 2017, 12:04

Some in Superleague wont take us seriously I'm afraid. I'm reminded of last years Premier league when everyone kept asking when Liecester were going to be considered as a genuine title threat. Problem for the rest was by the time they woke up to the fact that it was actually happening it was too late.

I think that the rest of Superleague take us very seriously already and that's why its going to get harder as the season progresses.

Stokie
BE LOYAL BE LOUD BE CAS.

John 3:16

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 24 Jun 2017, 08:59

Well guys. I think last night after loosing to hull the previous week in such an important march.

For me now we're serious contenders !

Come on boys , give us a GF !!