Kevin Laroyer

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Kevin Laroyer

Post by old cas lass » 16 Feb 2017, 10:31

Beth wrote:
Normy-Tiger wrote:Moors
JSL
Oggy
McMeekan
Massey
Milner

Not sure about this one as we already have 6 class second row/loose forwards fighting for 3 spots.
Nothing wrong with a large squad though, particularly in the forwards. 2014 worked well because the squad was on rotation for most of the year.
Yep more the merrier as long as we don't break the bank.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 16 Feb 2017, 10:52

I think that this is a shrewd move from the club to sign Laroyer if springer is getting home sick and wants to return home.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Feb 2017, 11:20

Have I missed something , Gadwin getting home sick?? I thought he was happy here ?? is he getting near the end of his contract ?? as his agent been saying this ?? any of you out there know anything concrete ??

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 16 Feb 2017, 12:40

gateman wrote:Have I missed something , Gadwin getting home sick?? I thought he was happy here ?? is he getting near the end of his contract ?? as his agent been saying this ?? any of you out there know anything concrete ??

Last year of his contract. Was told we are in talks but our first offer was poor. Rumours his misses returned home and he's home sick but nothing concrete. There's a article out there from a few weeks back where he says he wants to stay. That is from the horses mouth, so for me.. it's only a matter of time.

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 16 Feb 2017, 13:39

Having a fellow countryman can only do the power of good for Springer - just being able to chat to someone on a daily basis in the same language is a biggie. Let's hope it solidifies a desire to stay.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Feb 2017, 13:44

Back to Larroyer, there seems to be a heavy emphasis on Ollie Holmes and Patrick in the releases.

I wonder if there is more than meets the eye and one or both has suffered a set-back and so I wouldn't be surprised if this a quick move to get some cover in.

Additionally, Larroyer was desperate for a club so there's every chance that it's also a very shrewd signing at a lower outlay.

The good thing is that we have plenty of rotation available in the forwards now and can keep them all fresh. It's arguably the most demanding area of the game in terms of energy so it will be good towards the back end of the season when our competitors are scrabbling around and we have some genuine depth.

What does puzzle me is that people were claiming we were crying out for more depth two weeks and we didn't have enough numbers and now the club is, we're perplexed why we need extra depth?

Props: Lynch, Millo, Springer, Cook, Patrick, Massey, Moors, JSL + Fitzsimmons, Maher, Douglas and Igbinedion

Having this much depth means that the latter 4 can go out and get some game time in the lower divisions to aid their development, and have consistency while training with Cas.

Back-row/Loose: Holmes, McMeeken, Moors, JSL, Massey, Milner, Larroyer, Foster (if he signs permanently).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 16 Feb 2017, 14:30

Nothing wrong with a big squad, just, look back to last year would we have complained when ravaged with injuries about squad size then....no. On another note any one else heard the rumour were after tom burgess for next year?
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Feb 2017, 15:01

talking to Oliver the other week he said he expected to out for at least 4 weeks, I do hope he doesn't rush back I think he had a number of weeks off last season with a leg injury if this is the same injury obvious he came back too soon last time, Kevin Laroyer I am in the dark with this signing I live and breath the game watching as many games as I can but I cant remember Kevin standing out in any match I have watched,

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Feb 2017, 15:16

bane73 wrote:Nothing wrong with a big squad, just, look back to last year would we have complained when ravaged with injuries about squad size then....no. On another note any one else heard the rumour were after tom burgess for next year?
Tom would be a great replacement for Andy Lynch if we could pull it off

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Feb 2017, 15:38

Fumper27 wrote:
bane73 wrote:Nothing wrong with a big squad, just, look back to last year would we have complained when ravaged with injuries about squad size then....no. On another note any one else heard the rumour were after tom burgess for next year?

Is TB wanting to come back to SL.
I would have thought the life style, the pay and his brothers, he would want to stay in oz.
Would be a right statement from the club if we got him.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 16 Feb 2017, 18:06

old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

I would have thought the life style, the pay and his brothers, he would want to stay in oz.
It certainly would, only, time will tell what's in the pipeline.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 16 Feb 2017, 19:33

Casmoley wrote:
gateman wrote:Have I missed something , Gadwin getting home sick?? I thought he was happy here ?? is he getting near the end of his contract ?? as his agent been saying this ?? any of you out there know anything concrete ??

Last year of his contract. Was told we are in talks but our first offer was poor. Rumours his misses returned home and he's home sick but nothing concrete. There's a article out there from a few weeks back where he says he wants to stay. That is from the horses mouth, so for me.. it's only a matter of time.
WHOOPS

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 16 Feb 2017, 19:53

Beth wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

WHOOPS
What's the whoops for?

Long live the Tigers!!!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 16 Feb 2017, 21:43

da_jimbob_7 wrote:
Beth wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

WHOOPS
What's the whoops for?

Yes I'm rather confused why the whoops? I did say he wanted to stay and it was only a matter of time?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Feb 2017, 12:47

old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

I read online somewhere that the rabbitohs are looking at losing a burgess and not Sam. Then someone put DP had spoken with a burgess.

Docsnedge
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Docsnedge » 18 Feb 2017, 00:09

This signing is a bit iffy to me, training with cas, then going to bradford to play with players who haven't a clue what he can do, and dont even know him. Umm.
If only Sheddingley was next Sunday!!!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 18 Feb 2017, 08:55

Docsnedge wrote:This signing is a bit iffy to me, training with cas, then going to bradford to play with players who haven't a clue what he can do, and dont even know him. Umm.

You mean like maher and holmes at Batley, tuoyo and Gill at oldham, Fitzsimmons at workington? How do you think dual reg works?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Feb 2017, 09:24

Docsnedge wrote:This signing is a bit iffy to me, training with cas, then going to bradford to play with players who haven't a clue what he can do, and dont even know him. Umm.
Really??? He has at least 28 days with Bradford to get match for then we get him back, which enables us to rest others. Win-win???

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Feb 2017, 09:28

Fumper27 wrote:
Really??? He has at least 28 days with Bradford to get match for then we get him back, which enables us to rest others. Win-win???
Dont think we get him back after 28 days.
Only if we are ingury ravaged and short on players will he come back to us.
Thats how i see it, could be wrong.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 18 Feb 2017, 09:48

Hopefully, the idea is, we get to call back a match fit player after 28 days if needed, that has trained with us and knows our plays. Bradford get a player trained to super league requirements that is experienced to help there young squad. They are probably paying him very little and is footing the majority of his wages.

Long live the Tigers!!!