GAME DAY

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: GAME DAY

Post by Askham Tiger » 15 Feb 2017, 16:19

It would be very hypocritical of the RFL to fine a player for wearing a different sponsor on his shirt to team mates, when the head of the RFL was spotted at the London vs Hull KR match sporting an England Rugby Union scarf!

They should leave it to the club to sort out the minor issue with the player/sponsor involved and move on.

Stoke Bloke
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Erm......Stoke surprisingly. Thats the rough bit between Manchester and Birmingham.

Post by Stoke Bloke » 15 Feb 2017, 18:52

Unless its a sponsor who has a deal across the whole of Superleague then I cant see its a matter for the RFL, as club sponsors deals are with the club and not SL or the RFL unless the sponsor or logo is prohibited by the RFL itself. It would seem its just another jobsworth trying for 15 minutes of fame although look what happened in football regarding compression wear. Each club is now told what colours are acceptable with regard to their home / away and 3rd kits. Stoke for instance is red ( home) pale blue / white (away) dark blue (3rd kit). Don't know if the same applies in League , I know it doesn't YET in Union, sorry drifting off topic.

Stokie
BE LOYAL BE LOUD BE CAS.

John 3:16

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 15 Feb 2017, 21:42

lurcher wrote:think I read some where that some sponsors had been stuck over others but peeled off. a bit like metrel and probiz.
From League Weekly Dave "Nosey" Parker's page:-

"Cas Tigers may well find they get a call-up from SL bosses to ask why they had 2 different sponsors on the reverse of their shirts. Zac Hardaker had SignSpec above his player number while his teammates had Riverside Car Sales on theirs.
A contact who knows his commercial stuff informed my that they will either get a big rap on their knuckles or a fine for the club. I'm sure there is a good reason for the situation."

I think most of us know who his contact (who knows his commercial stuff) might be. An ex-commercial manager maybe ?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Feb 2017, 09:46

Just watched the game for the first time. No disrespect to Mcmeekan but Millington was head and shoulders the best player on the field. Wonder what MM did to get the MoM award from Sky? Phil Clarke trying to get him to retire maybe???

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Feb 2017, 09:54

Fumper27 wrote:Just watched the game for the first time. No disrespect to Mcmeekan but Millington was head and shoulders the best player on the field. Wonder what MM did to get the MoM award from Sky? Phil Clarke trying to get him to retire maybe???
Your on the ball this morning fumper, and someone over 6'-3'' fits the rugby union lot to a T.
As you say Millo was outstanding when he came on,the game changed as the score -line showed.

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 16 Feb 2017, 10:22

lurcher wrote:think I read some where that some sponsors had been stuck over others but peeled off. a bit like metrel and probiz.
I've just watched some highlights this morning and made a point to look out for anything. Noticed there was a big white block above everyone's name as if something was being covered up (maybe a sponsor that hasn't been announced yet?). Perhaps Hardacre's has just come off?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Feb 2017, 10:30

Fumper27 wrote:Just watched the game for the first time. No disrespect to Mcmeekan but Millington was head and shoulders the best player on the field. Wonder what MM did to get the MoM award from Sky? Phil Clarke trying to get him to retire maybe???
Agree. There were quite a few where I stand flummoxed with the MOM award.
I thought gale was superb, but after watching it back millington was outstanding .

Like you say is that snake Clarke up to his old tricks.
Can't believe cas let him through the gate.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 16 Feb 2017, 16:19

old cas lass wrote:
Agree. There were quite a few where I stand flummoxed with the MOM award.
I thought gale was superb, but after watching it back millington was outstanding .

Like you say is that snake Clarke up to his old tricks.
Can't believe cas let him through the gate.
My friend on security told me they had been instructed not to let Clarke walk around at his leisure and go where he wants,had to be a security guard with him at all times.and after final whistle had to wait behind on his own until all fans had left stadium.