It's in my DNA....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

It's in my DNA....

Post by SuffolkTiger » 07 Feb 2017, 21:44

Not long to go now....

No matter where I go, no matter what I do.... I'm a Castleford boy. It's part of my identity, what I am. I'm proud.

As you get older, you understand what it's all about, who you are and what's important. You are clear on what matters and, when you strip back all the surface layers, you see that it's about belonging and believing in something. Family comes first but after that it's about a choice - a passion.

On Friday, our town will be beamed to all 4 corners of the globe. They will see us and they will hear us. They will recognise our name because of our history. They will want us to succeed because of what we stand for.

I've been there through thick and thin. I've stood in the rain and watched us get a hiding. I've been there when we've won against all odds and shed a tear.

We go into the arena on Friday and expectations are high. The old lady is alive with the ghosts of greatness. During the evening let's write the first chapter of a story that will be told beyond our years.

We are Castleford. It matters.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: It's in my DNA....

Post by onetiger » 07 Feb 2017, 22:07

that is so nice but also true

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 07 Feb 2017, 22:55

SuffolkTiger wrote:Not long to go now....

No matter where I go, no matter what I do.... I'm a Castleford boy. It's part of my identity, what I am. I'm proud.
BEST THREAD EVER

Allerton born n bred

COYF

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 07 Feb 2017, 23:37

Le Van wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:Not long to go now....

BEST THREAD EVER

Allerton born n bred

COYF
normy lad here -aww as most call it crazy town--

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 07 Feb 2017, 23:54

So true, speaks for all us exiles but who are and always will be Cas through and through. From an Airedale lad in NJ.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Feb 2017, 07:42

Brilliant post. I'm a Cas lad (currently en route to Dubai) through and through and so proud!!

kenedy

Post by kenedy » 08 Feb 2017, 08:21

That's absolutely true....
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 08 Feb 2017, 09:28

great post & very true from a cas lad banished to york :roll:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Feb 2017, 09:38

Normanton is an hotbed of CAS supporters I walked through the town yesterday stopped by six different people in about hundred yards all six going to Friday nights match

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 08 Feb 2017, 10:19

You can take the lad out of Castleford but, you can't take Castleford out of the lad.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 08 Feb 2017, 10:48

I was born 25 miles away from Castleford surrounded by loiners and the odd Bradford fan taken to my first game at 6 and if you cut me now I bleed black and amber (or orange now)

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 08 Feb 2017, 11:31

Knottla lad here but been living is Cas Vegas for 20+ years now. I walked through the town yesterday and it's amazing how many people are wearing the colours. Folks you don't know stop you and ask you "are you ready for Friday?" Even the lolly pop lady in her fluorescent jacket and STOP sign!

As you say SuffolkTiger - "I'm a Castleford boy. It's part of my identity, it's what I am. I'm proud".

I can vouch for that. Brilliant post by the way.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 08 Feb 2017, 14:51

Great post!

It's definitely in my DNA being Castleford born and bred, which Im proud to say wherever I go in the world!

I am especially proud of our team and that's been the case wherever we've found ourselves in the league, although in the last couple of years under Daryl, it's been even more of a pleasure being a fan of Classy Cas!

I'm extremely proud of Castleford and it's heritage, although it doesn't seem to get the investment needed to bring what was once a thriving town centre, into the 21st century.

It does anger me when I hear that our "big city" neigbour, Wakefield, gets millions in council investment, with the Hepworth alone costing around £38million, plus the massive investment in the new shopping centre development.
Danny Boy

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Feb 2017, 00:17

I retired a few years since to an east Yorkshire holiday resort. over the last decade I've seen seasons when its been wall to wall bulls shirts on the holidaymakers. then we had the rhino's glory years when their shirts were every where. last year it was so noticeable that almost all the rhino's shirts disappeared and it was a rarity if you saw one.
through it all, through thick and thin the number of cas shirts never waned. the last 3 years have been unbelievable with complete strangers coming up and shaking hands just cos I was wearing a cas shirt. COYF
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Feb 2017, 08:07

I once saw a Jungle.com car sticker on our street when we were sponsored by them nearly 20 years ago and our sponsors were based just outside Birmingham
That's about it!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Feb 2017, 09:02

I can assure you to have Cas tigers in your blood you do not have to be born and bred in Cas my family live in a little town in Wakefield called Normanton three generations of my family will be attending on Friday and if I can hang on a few more years I hope to see my great grandson coming with us

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Feb 2017, 09:22

I'm a Cas lad but my son was born in Nottingham and you won't find anyone prouder of being a Cas fan

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 09 Feb 2017, 15:00

gateman wrote:I can assure you to have Cas tigers in your blood you do not have to be born and bred in Cas my family live in a little town in Wakefield called Normanton three generations of my family will be attending on Friday and if I can hang on a few more years I hope to see my great grandson coming with us
Agree 100% we also are not from cas but even though we are from South Elmsall cas is most definitely in our blood and we too hope to be able to bring our grandson to future games.

Alwayscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alwayscas » 09 Feb 2017, 15:48

Born in Cas ,now live in Normanton, lots of Cas Tigers supporters in Normanton.
Always show my colours wherever I go , to spread the word about our great team .

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 09 Feb 2017, 16:23

gateman wrote:I can assure you to have Cas tigers in your blood you do not have to be born and bred in Cas my family live in a little town in Wakefield called Normanton three generations of my family will be attending on Friday and if I can hang on a few more years I hope to see my great grandson coming with us
Speaking as this ^ guys granddaughter, I can attest to this! Hi Granddad, see you Friday.