Hope we don't get too complacent!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Hope we don't get too complacent!

Post by usacas » 15 Jan 2017, 11:31

This year we look to have a great squad capable of winning some silverware. Lots of plaudits are coming our way from the media and expectations are high from the fans, the press and the general rugby league world. I am sure this year the team are very confident in their ability baring serious or numerous injuries. There is nothing wrong in having this confidence so long as it doesn't introduce complacency thinking some games will be easy to win. Last year we had a "backs to the wall mentality" with all the injuries. We were going into games with untried youngsters and players playing out of position. Games that no one expected us to win we did because we were the underdogs and had a mentality of lets get out there and show them what we can do. With all this confidence we have lets still keep this mentality, don't underestimate any team they will be trying all the harder to knock us down a peg or two. This year especially I would hope to see we don't lose any games we should be winning, especially at home. Looking forward to a great season even though it will be by radio coverage. COYF!!!!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Hope we don't get too complacent!

Post by old cas lass » 15 Jan 2017, 11:40

Well saiid USA.

I'm one of those who are quietly confident.
I'm not going over the top saying we'll do this we'll do that.

I've supported cas to long, we have the odd good season 1969 1999 2014.
Had to many disappointments, so will take each game as it comes and see where we go.

On paper we look very strong compared to some other clubs.
But we play on grass and not paper.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Hope we don't get too complacent!

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Jan 2017, 12:53

We got stung a few times last year when it looked like the players thought they only had to turn up to win (e.g. Hull KR at home). By the time we realised we needed to up our game we'd already lost.
We need to make sure we don't drop points against teams who are likely to be down the wrong end of the table, particularly at home.
To be in with a serious chance by the split I think we need to win 9-10 of our home games and 6-7 of our away games. We can't afford to drop any points to the likes of Widnes, Leigh, Salford, Leeds and Huddersfield as we are unlikely to win every game against the likes of Wigan, Warrington, Saints and Hull FC.
A win at Magic Weekend is also important given the first phase of the season is only 23 games. It's inherently unfair that you play one additional game against a random team, but they are the rules. With Warrington playing Wigan and Saints playing Hull FC, it's more than likely that two of these teams will pick up two points and therefore vital that we do too.