wakey sunday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Re: wakey sunday

Post by betts21 » 17 Jan 2017, 20:28

Thought Caton brown was dire against us and thought walker was pretty good at forward for them really got stuck in also would rather have max jowitt in my team than Scott grix

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Jan 2017, 11:11

Wakeyfan wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Out of all of them. Only fifita would get a game and that's in the 17 not starting.
Don't agree.

I think Jowitt would probably be better than Grix at full back - he's not good enough any more.

If you're looking at their bench I think Fifita and England would probably come in for Hirst and Walker and probably Annakin may get on the bench. Like ourselves, they have a bit of depth and the ability to rotate players. I see Wakefield where we were the season after Powell took over when we recruited for depth with players like Gibson, Channing etc. Solid platform to build from.

If you look at their team:

Jowitt, Jones-Bishop, Caton-Brown, Lyne, Johnstone, Williams, Finn, Huby, Wood, Allgood, Ashurst, Kirmond, Arona

Interchange - Sio, Fifita, England, Annakin
Quite a fair assessment Hudds.

Our first 17 is still debatable as a few players who might not have been expected to be in there have staked a good claim for a spot in the friendlies.

My guess would be
grix, Caton-brown,lyne, Tupou, Johnstone, Williams, Finn, England, Wood, Fifita, Ashurst, Kirmond, Arona.

Sio, Allgood, Huby, Bachelor

Not the team i would personally pick, but the one i think we will get

Which still leaves out players like Millar, Jowitt and BJB etc.
Sorry, I referring to a game at cas. I think that some of them would have made the first 17 for wakey

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Jan 2017, 12:52

I think jowitt is the better full back but chesters hand was forced a bit last year through injuries. young max's performances dropped off a bit towards the end of the season and I think his coach will try to rotate with grix to avoid burning out a very promising young player.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Jan 2017, 17:57

Another lose, to Fev 28 20

Wigan also took a tonking by Leigh 50 10

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 22 Jan 2017, 18:56

how did new bradford bulls go at giants please

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Jan 2017, 19:05

onetiger wrote:how did new bradford bulls go at giants please

Hudds won 28 10

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 22 Jan 2017, 20:39

old cas lass wrote:
onetiger wrote:how did new bradford bulls go at giants please

Hudds won 28 10
thank you

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Jan 2017, 21:56

old cas lass wrote:Another lose, to Fev 28 20

Friend of mine worked at leigh today and was very impressed by leigh against a very strong Wigan team.said they were very well drilled and to underestimate them at our peril.also hearing matty smith broken leg for saints.dont know how true

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 22 Jan 2017, 22:29

Scoopage wrote:

Friend of mine worked at leigh today and was very impressed by leigh against a very strong Wigan team.said they were very well drilled and to underestimate them at our peril.also hearing matty smith broken leg for saints.dont know how true

I wouldn't say it was anything like a strong Wigan side,probably around 10 first teamers with the rest u19s that said we won't take Leigh lightly and we will need to be close to our best to get the job done.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Jan 2017, 22:42

braytontiger wrote:
Scoopage wrote:

I wouldn't say it was anything like a strong Wigan side,probably around 10 first teamers with the rest u19s that said we won't take Leigh lightly and we will need to be close to our best to get the job done.
10 first teamers is pretty strong to me and shouldn't concede 50

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 22 Jan 2017, 22:53

Scoopage wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Scoopage wrote:

10 first teamers is pretty strong to me and shouldn't concede 50
Each to there own,by all accounts nothing in it first half and then a complete 19s second half were out muscled. We all know how last week went when we did the same. Great experience for the young lads and nothing new to friendly games. I don't think you can read anything into these games at all. You can guarantee come week 1 all the teams will be ready