Club Statement

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Club Statement

Post by Mysterio » 03 Jan 2017, 18:23

that's a pretty random statement to me, but clearly something has been going on behind the scenes? Anyone got any info?

Surely we're not just saying it to have a pop at Buy, Randy Clarke, Anne Diamond and Dunny Semolina.

Hopefully Pete Riding is in talks with DP about which young guns to snare.
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Jan 2017, 18:28

Mysterio wrote:that's a pretty random statement to me, but clearly something has been going on behind the scenes? Anyone got any info?

Surely we're not just saying it to have a pop at Buy, Randy Clarke, Anne Diamond and Dunny Semolina.

Might have something else up our sleeves.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Jan 2017, 18:33

Mysterio wrote:that's a pretty random statement to me, but clearly something has been going on behind the scenes? Anyone got any info?
AFAIAA Players have been offered to other clubs by the administrator. We were offered Clare and Whelham. We are the only club to respond to the offer by the administrator by declining. I'm sure some clubs will have agreed to take other players on but they are waiting for the emotional side of things to die down a bit first before they announce it.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Jan 2017, 18:36

League Express quoted Daryl Powell on the James Clare situation saying that he'd spoken to JC but that he didn't have the desire for the challenge at Castleford in front of him.

Whether it's in response to that I don't know.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Jan 2017, 19:03

The Firm wrote:If we were to move for any of their players then i'd go for a young lad by the name if Ethan Ryan. 20 year old winger or centre who made his debut last season. Has a touch of class and the look of aplayer who will go far in the game to me.
Ryan looks a good prospect. I'd also have a look at Oscar Thomas - a F/B and S/O who came through the London ranks.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 03 Jan 2017, 19:12

Tigerade wrote:
AFAIAA Players have been offered to other clubs by the administrator. We were offered Clare and Whelham. We are the only club to respond to the offer by the administrator by declining. I'm sure some clubs will have agreed to take other players on but they are waiting for the emotional side of things to die down a bit first before they announce it.
Probably waiting to see how signing players affects the cap too

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 03 Jan 2017, 19:15

PSTiger wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
Probably waiting to see how signing players affects the cap too
“Clearly all player contracts are voided and the players will become free agents. The RFL will provide dispensations, as we have in the past, to those players who are contracted to other clubs, where appropriate."

So, I read this very simply as being that a cap dispensation will be made to a club signing a redundant player. I guess using the same rules as they did when Crusaders dropped out of SL?

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 03 Jan 2017, 19:44

Interestingly any overseas player from bradford wont count on clubs Quota either

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 03 Jan 2017, 20:09

I commend our club for this statement it would be double standards if we did go after players in contract with a big court case coming up potentially. Tbf if players contracts are null and void there wouldn't be many that would improve us Ethan Ryan could be one to look at as well as Alex foster and Lachlan Burr but tbf I'd rather us sign a quality winger instead if we were to sign anyone

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Jan 2017, 20:20

Looking at their squad, I can't see any player's who would improve our squad.
James Clare or Omari Caro maybe as a backup winger, but other than that it's easy to see how they finished in the third tier of clubs at the end of last year, and their best players have already joined Huddersfield.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 03 Jan 2017, 20:45

Is there a sale on sentiment glasses in Cas at the moment? You've all bought them if you think James Clare would be a good squad addition :shock: We release the guy because he isn't good enough, he performs averagely in a poor division and now we should sign him back :shock: :shock: :shock:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 03 Jan 2017, 20:47

Tigerade wrote:
Were we actually offered Welham or was it a fabricated story from a clickbait site on social media???
Last edited by the machine on 03 Jan 2017, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Jan 2017, 21:01

how sad this once great club should fold , a position we could have been in not so many moons ago, if or when they reform I should hope all the rugby league should try and help them, its not the fault of their Faithfull band of supporters some who have stumped up their cash to buy session tickets for the coming season, I know they have had more than an helping hand from head quarters in the past by them buying that great hole that is Odsal , I wonder how much money would be released if Odsal was landfilled if the rules permit , firms are charging £100 a skip, the only way for Bradford to succeed is to move away from Odsal

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Jan 2017, 21:26

So, I read this very simply as being that a cap dispensation will be made to a club signing a redundant player. I guess using the same rules as they did when Crusaders dropped out of SL?
Yes - I would say so. It's is done in the interest of the players and their families who have been made redundant.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Jan 2017, 21:28

Were we actually offered Welham or was it a fabricated story from a clickbait site on social media???
I read it on TotalRL.com. It might have been in League Weekly as well.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 03 Jan 2017, 23:58

Tigerade wrote:
Yes - I would say so. It's is done in the interest of the players and their families who have been made redundant.
I wonder if the same rule will apply with quota players too? Didn't the overseas players not count on the quota for 2 years? Or was it just one.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 Jan 2017, 00:08

derbystiger wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
I wonder if the same rule will apply with quota players too? Didn't the overseas players not count on the quota for 2 years? Or was it just one.
I think it was for the length of time they played for the club they joined after Celtic Crusaders' demise. In fact, I think Rhys Hanbury and Hep Cahill are still exempt at Widnes.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 04 Jan 2017, 00:28

so is jarred sammutt.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 Jan 2017, 00:37

lurcher wrote:so is jarred sammutt.
Think he was only exempt at Bradford as this was the club he joined following Crusaders.
Once he left Bradford he will have counted on the non-fed quota again I think.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Jan 2017, 09:26

Andrew6666 wrote:Is there a sale on sentiment glasses in Cas at the moment? You've all bought them if you think James Clare would be a good squad addition :shock: We release the guy because he isn't good enough, he performs averagely in a poor division and now we should sign him back :shock: :shock: :shock:
Clare never let us down. Did we release him or did he choose to not accept our contract offer and left of his own accord?

Also, you have got to look at what is actually out there in the market. We're one month away from the start of the season. No club is going to release any of their starting wingers and we have got to factor in the money we actually have available. We don't have any money for transfer fees and we may only have a finite amount of money left on the cap. We may even still be paying Solomona (whether we are or not, I don't know).

At the end of the day, I'd take an English winger like Clare as reliable competition for the likes of Eden, Monaghan, Hitchcox, Minikin and Robson.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!